What happened to "building a criminal empire"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Taleworlds has created large expectations, met most of them in some vaguely arguable way (the biggest exception being owning criminal organizations)
LOL they also don't have banners yet. In Banner Lord. Like... I admit it's a dumb gimmick and I never wanted it in the first place... but it's the central gimmick of the game.

Also - given the hype storm of their meme marketing with 80% of the subreddit being "Harlaus the Fat" memes - it's a little stunning that nobody told the dev team that people are surprised that there are no feasts in BL. It's like not having butter.
There is no breach of "contract", do you mean breach of the ToS?
Elsewhere may be different, but United States courts are particularly hostile to breach of contract claims with tech companies. Depending on the particular case, as much as 90% of clauses in a TOS are not even considered legally-binding. As far as judges are concerned, applying English common law to internet transactions would utterly overwhelm the courts - so, as a matter of practice if not law, they almost always rule for the tech company.

To give you an idea how permissive the law is... American courts have ruled that tech companies are generally not "public accommodations" and therefore are not subject to the 1964 Civil Rights Act. For instance, a social media company can spontaneously decide to ban all users of a particular race/religion and - legally - there is no recourse at all. It'd cause a huge public outcry because most normies don't know that, but it's technically kosher.

European courts? Beats the **** outta me. If your consumer protection laws are strong enough, I can see you twisting their arm into giving you a refund if around launch you say "I bought this during Early Access and they failed to produce the product promised at launch. I have not played since then and will not play. I just want my money back."

This would be reasonable because, arguably, you never "received" the product. Then again, who knows? I'm not a lawyer - I just RP one. And courts across the world have shown that they're unable to consistently apply normal laws to the Information Super-Highway Insta-Web.

LOL they also don't have banners yet. In Banner Lord. Like... I admit it's a dumb gimmick and I never wanted it in the first place... but it's the central gimmick of the game.
Well thankfully banners are mentioned in their Future Plans post.

We know it is in their current priorities - unlike criminal enterprises, which we're still in the dark on.
Also - given the hype storm of their meme marketing with 80% of the subreddit being "Harlaus the Fat" memes - it's a little stunning that nobody told the dev team that people are surprised that there are no feasts in BL. It's like not having butter.
At the risk of looking like a user of alt accounts for agreeing with someone who has the same signature: I agree. Feasts are missed for many people for multiple reasons (not just the memes)!

No updates, won´t happen.
Well that's a shame
I think I might end up uninstalling this game. I wasn't even that interested in a criminal empire, but its becoming increasingly clear that unless its directly related to battles, taleworlds isn't interested in putting much effort or depth into mechanics. Battles alone will only get one so far in a sandbox like this, and without anything to give them meaning I'm struggling to find the drive to play this again.

Well that's a shame
I think I might end up uninstalling this game. I wasn't even that interested in a criminal empire, but its becoming increasingly clear that unless its directly related to battles, taleworlds isn't interested in putting much effort or depth into mechanics. Battles alone will only get one so far in a sandbox like this, and without anything to give them meaning I'm struggling to find the drive to play this again.
even the battles are bad lmao

This is so strange, it seems that criminal enterprises are already a thing that exists, it's just that they are only available to gang notables but not for the player

This is so strange, it seems that criminal enterprises are already a thing that exists, it's just that they are only available to gang notables but not for the player
Not strange, just WIP feature.
I'm using what is existing in native code and as a player you can take control of the alleys.
But there is no rewards, either mechanic allowing you to manage it etc. And I had to create everything from scratch to give a meaning to those alley fights (at least I tried).
There is a lot of potential and TW just needs to decide what they want to do with it.
If they are not inspired, my mod is there for them ?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure your mod (Fourberie) has more to it than most existing features, tbh. It's not like caravans or workshops have much going on. You really could have just left the mod at just "Generate gold based on Prosperity-Security" and the entire system would be as "good" as Native. Thankfully, you didn't.

I find it interesting the functionality to take them over does exist though, and they've just stopped at what we currently have. I wonder what the story is there.

even the battles are bad lmao
I hate how true this is
Zero opportunity for tactical depth when everyone dies in 3 minutes and archers have depleted uranium armour piercing arrows

Even the core of the game from Warband doesn't work right let alone the feature they advertised as expanding upon Warband

I hate how true this is
Zero opportunity for tactical depth when everyone dies in 3 minutes and archers have depleted uranium armour piercing arrows

Even the core of the game from Warband doesn't work right let alone the feature they advertised as expanding upon Warband
Thats where mods comes in. Ralistic battle AI and combat mod.

Remember folks, they are keeping it simple for the console crowd. Thats where the money is. We already paid them, remember? They don't want nothing from us anymore, game is prepared now for those who will pay again.

I will necro this thread because i want to show the devs that im ( we are ) still waiting for the building a criminal empire gameplay...
It was the main reason that me and 3 of my friends buyed the game the first day that it released in EA.
I hope that you will keep your promise.

Regards.

I don't want to be pessimist but I think criminal playthrough is not coming anymore, as well as other features like feasts.
I'm still hoping to have a overhaul in conversation/dialogues before release even if it's quite delusional at this point...

I don't want to be pessimist but I think criminal playthrough is not coming anymore, as well as other features like feasts.
I'm still hoping to have a overhaul in conversation/dialogues before release even if it's quite delusional at this point...
I get I'm an optimist at times (I know, disgusting), but any criminal addition wouldn't come during the EA period. Nothing besides what's in the Future Plans post is getting added on release. Post launch, who knows, depends on how much TW wants to support the game post-release.

Back
Top Bottom