Jail capacity disbalance

Users who are viewing this thread

Norator

Recruit
Hi folks!

Have you ever encountered a situation(1.7 or higher) when you won a battle, and several enemy lords were captured, and when you went to the nearest city or castle, you observe that the capacity of the local prison is exceeded. And it doesn't matter what the real capacity is, 50 or 1000 lots, because the allied lords are pulling it with the trash troops (level 1 or level 2), so you cannot bring the prison nobles to the city, because the looters and common trash are already taking up all the places! From my perspective, it should be fixed.

Hi folks!

Have you ever encountered a situation(1.7 or higher) when you won a battle, and several enemy lords were captured, and when you went to the nearest city or castle, you observe that the capacity of the local prison is exceeded. And it doesn't matter what the real capacity is, 50 or 1000 lots, because the allied lords are pulling it with the trash troops (level 1 or level 2), so you cannot bring the prison nobles to the city, because the looters and common trash are already taking up all the places! From my perspective, it should be fixed.
Why, so they can escape?
It is better to keep them as prisoner in your party, because they can not escape, if you have perks "Keen Sight" and "Mounted Patrols".
If you have this 2 perks, you can them have for ever has prisoner in your party and they can not marry, so their clans dies out.

Why, so they can escape?
It is better to keep them as prisoner in your party, because they can not escape, if you have perks "Keen Sight" and "Mounted Patrols".
If you have this 2 perks, you can them have for ever has prisoner in your party and they can not marry, so their clans dies out.
transferring prisoners to allied cities gives a number of perks, such as increasing influence and relations with the local lord, also prisoners will slow down the movement of your party

I think this is a bug or something because it seems to come and go with no reason. Also sometimes the AI dumpy 1/2 a faction in the same prison so, it's not a real rule. Also people report a bug of giving and canceling lords form prisons to et free skill and relation/influence. ANyways, I just go to the ransom broker or hold them in my party (if I'm conquering). I don't know why people have want for influence this way, you get so much during war and you get it from ANYTHING in peace too, in a recent game I was able to retain several faction parties in army for a long peace time with no issue because just doing quests refilled the influence if costed to boost cohesion.

The only time I give a prisoner is as a merc so that I can put them in a low security fief and drop my contract and bust then out easily for roguery skill ups. Or the same but to kill unwanted husband early game. These are probably also unintentional uses/bug.

transferring prisoners to allied cities gives a number of perks, such as increasing influence and relations with the local lord, also prisoners will slow down the movement of your party
Relation bonuses or influence bonus is not worth.
They will declare war against you, even you has 100 relation with them.

And prisoner heroes don't really slow down, I have sometimes over 100 prisoner heroes in my party and my speed was over 4.0 by a 400 men party.

Relation bonuses or influence bonus is not worth.
They will declare war against you, even you has 100 relation with them.

And prisoner heroes don't really slow down, I have sometimes over 100 prisoner heroes in my party and my speed was over 4.0 by a 400 men party.
Having a friendly relationship with a lord basically means he/she will never raid your villages.

That aside, it also helps recruiting them.

In terms of influence. Influence is the tool you need to prevent your vassals from dragging you into wars you do not want.

Having a friendly relationship with a lord basically means he/she will never raid your villages.

That aside, it also helps recruiting them.

In terms of influence. Influence is the tool you need to prevent your vassals from dragging you into wars you do not want.
But they will declare war against you even you has max out the relation with them

And influence, you get it better through the immortal charm perk or settlement buildings, every clan member who has this perk produces more than enough influence.

But they will declare war against you even you has max out the relation with them

And influence, you get it better through the immortal charm perk or settlement buildings, every clan member who has this perk produces more than enough influence.
It doesnt really matter if they declare war on you. As long as they dont target your own personal holdings you have alot of freedom to counter them.
Unless you are running a strategy of keeping captured lords permanently under lock and key, it doesnt terribly matter whose prison they get locked up in. You might as well gain some relationship, influence and xp from dumping them.

Back
Top Bottom