On Prison Breaks...

Users who are viewing this thread

AngryPanCake

Sergeant
Hello,

I have recently started playing and taking advantage of this content and I can say that I like it very much. It's been leveling up my ROG skills and providing some decent perks! It has also been improving relations with other lords/clans a great deal. I reached 100+ relations with some clans...not sure what it really does or mean, but it looks like a whole bunch of people like my MC quite a lot.

My first few attempts at breaking Lords out of prisons were met with ignominious failures, I was quickly cut down by the guards!
The main problems were poor armor and inappropriate weapons. As far as the armor is concerned, there isn't much we can do about it, I got whatever my MC was allowed as a civilian. However, the main thing that made a huge difference was the weapon and the MC positioning.

My sword proved completely inadequate for enclosed quarters combat. With it's 100+ length, my sword would hit the wall, the low ceiling, columns and whatnot...same for the enemy, but when I got hit with the mediocre civilian armor...I was done.
So, I switched to shorter weapons. I tried a small axe, a falchion [sp?], and another short sword (I don't recall ATM the name). The axe, I didn't care for much. The falchion was much better and later on the short sword was the best.

The other thing I did was to choose the spot where I fought the guards. I thought to myself "if my swords hits the walls, their will do too" and it worked great. I trigger the guards then lure them to a doorway where I stand keep stabbing at them while the hit the walls, low ceiling and door jambs! I was able to stab and hit them in the face while I was practically just standing there receiving very few hits.

So since I figured it out, I've been breaking out people right and left.

This feature is boring, it needs far more Sneaking - Sneak into castle, sneak into prison, sneak up to and behind guards, bash them on the head, release prisoner then sneak out.

You could wear a ghillie suit (barrell or large box) to fool guards.

Please add this.

I mean, it's not that bad...I hear you also, it needs more content and variety.
They put in a lot of work in those prisons, the corridors, stairs, rooms...etc. There is room for a lot more content, not only prison breaks, but some other things.
There are torture rooms, they should be used for something!
But at this time, it's not a bad start I think.

I honestly would enjoy it if instead of starting right at the cell with the lord freed up, it started at the beginning of the dungeon and have to find the lord's cell first, then maybe a key nearby or something like that, free the lord and then have it all work just as it does right now.

I find it really fun but the whole solo gauntlet thing gets a little bit old quickly.

That said, it provides so many rewards that it's one of the best things to do in the game. You train your combat skills, athletics, get a lot of roguery experience making it level up pretty fast, a lot of charm experience as well which is great, and a lot of relations. It also doesn't feel very cheesy either since you need to find lords imprisoned, can only free one per settlement every so often and have to pay.

I honestly would enjoy it if instead of starting right at the cell with the lord freed up, it started at the beginning of the dungeon and have to find the lord's cell first, then maybe a key nearby or something like that, free the lord and then have it all work just as it does right now.

I find it really fun but the whole solo gauntlet thing gets a little bit old quickly.

That said, it provides so many rewards that it's one of the best things to do in the game. You train your combat skills, athletics, get a lot of roguery experience making it level up pretty fast, a lot of charm experience as well which is great, and a lot of relations. It also doesn't feel very cheesy either since you need to find lords imprisoned, can only free one per settlement every so often and have to pay.
And it is the easiest way to kill entire clans, because of every character in prison breaks dies with a 100% chance.

When I read about this feature in the release note, I was quite happy, at last something to spice up quite tedious gameplay, when I tried it - it was just a mini-quest involving killing 4-6 guards (if you use exploits) in the prison while prisoner whom you are saving just dies.

Hopefully, they improve this somehow, maybe implementing multiple options like talking/bribing your way out, hiring a local gang to do it for you or the classic whack them all way.

@Ananda_The_Destroyer (I think) had given me a useful tip to make the prisoner wait by the cells while the MC went ahead to eliminate the guards, the first few times the prisoner died every time when he followed me!

So now, I always make the prisoner wait, then I'd come back to get him when all the guards were dispatched.

@Ananda_The_Destroyer (I think) had given me a useful tip to make the prisoner wait by the cells while the MC went ahead to eliminate the guards, the first few times the prisoner died every time when he followed me!

So now, I always make the prisoner wait, then I'd come back to get him when all the guards were dispatched.
Yeah it depends on the fief and security/walls and amount of guards and what actual guards spawn. Some you can use a pillar or doorway to out play the guards, but some there's just a guy with a 2 hander in the middle of the room and you're probably not getting past him. If you don't mind re-loading you can use the prisoner to help you stun lock the guards, if you both have stuff like blacksmith hammer it works pretty well, but that's only in fiefs where I just can't fight the guards very well. Also, if you kill the guards and can click the door, you don't actual need to go back and get the prisoner. And if I just can't beat the guards, I will have prisoner stay and run far away and let guard beat me up so the scene ends before they attack the prisoner and I still get some skill ups.

I would still rather they add special guards balanced for prison breaks and add mechanics to make it more fun. Also a non-lord prison break or similar activity so you could get roguery faster, sometime the AI dump all the prisoners in the same fief and it sucks because of the cool down to do it again.

It needs some minor improvements - make bribing the guard cheaper, make the player's roguery skill lower the bribe cost further, and possibly the ability to kill the guard to avoid paying the bribe - but I think it's a very good feature otherwise.

You do not have to come back to him. Just leave and he is free too. You want to finish the prison break ASAP for the highest XP gain in roguery. The faster you break out, the more roguery XP you get. You're welcome :wink:

Is this part true, like it times you? Or you just mean do as many as you can?
Youtuber "Strat gaming" tested it ()
Check out his videos, he does a lot of testing in the game.

For example, it is way faster to level up your tactics by sacrificing troops rather then fighting, though you should first get rid of all of your items as you will loose them in retreat. Just keep some grain on you so you do not go hungry. I pair this with the 150 roguery perk that lets me recruit all the bandits. I get full party of looters and sacrifice them. Rinse and repeat.

For example, it is way faster to level up your tactics by sacrificing troops rather then fighting
Just kill enemies with your troops in live battle, it's not hard to get 300+ tactics in normal gameplay. That's interesting if it times you in the prison though, I don't think any other part the game has a time element.

You do not have to come back to him. Just leave and he is free too. You want to finish the prison break ASAP for the highest XP gain in roguery. The faster you break out, the more roguery XP you get. You're welcome :wink:

Thanks for the tip, definitely going to keep that in mind.

Back
Top Bottom