A bunch of petty complaints. I get mad every single game. I hate this stuff so much. I get so mad.

Users who are viewing this thread

I hate medicine, every game it's a tedious chore just to get it to 25, before getting a real surgeon for troop survivability. I wish so hard it was just like warband where you could just DO GOOD-> level up-> build character, not this this abomination of "bad parts" of other RPGs that makes it "do stupid time/money wasting thing -> get skill ->get tiny advantage" I hate it so much. Like wtf do I have to learn to mod to make it level up a different way? Is there a file with a 2 I change to 3 to make it just level up like steward? Everyday it's ? inspection, line up time to get medicine skill! DO you get how annoying it is to have to get troops KO'd? First you need the troops (there's barely any in many new games) then you need to catch the enemies, so you need horses or else they're too fast (why?), but then you lose the troops and you get a herd penalty... and repeat because that's what you have to do. Months, years go by and still no improvement or quests for medicine!

Too many bandits in sandbox starting area! To big of bandit parties, too small of bandit parties, no recruits anywhere, just useless garbage! Oh I guess I'll just fight em, now I have prisoners and too much grain, now I'm too slow and I have fight 20 more and again and again..... I'll do it, I'll murder my way 1 step at a time, but it's complete garbage and horrible game play! I want to get to the ****ing store, I need to talk to clan leader, I have big plans and I just want to walk on the map! And if you start on campaign you start in a big open area and can easily go where you want, if you start in battanian land you're stuck at the lake and when you try to leave it a cluster **** all over the outlet paths
KjMGq.jpg

the little 3s are too fast and the 10s are too much and they all pile together and it's dum! Oh and if there's forest bandits they just kill you. In warband there were "places you don't go" because of the forest bandits, but in banner lords there's like 5 man forests bandit party at every bridge just waiting to gank you.

Blunt damage can gtfo. Looters n hillmen have too many rocks! they throw too fast, too far and it does it does too much damage through armor, it's dum! look, it would take a big heavy rock like a brick to hurt somebody in heavy armor, a skinny dehydrated POS looter or hill man isn't gonna chuck a brick that far! And the spawns are all over the lace some times there 2 guy with rocks and it's okay, sometimes there's like 10. Really TW you need to look at what the starting character and loadouts are, how does it feel to aim the noob bow? How does if feel to throw you noob axes/javs, you have to balance looters against that, it's not okay for a looter to be all big iron quick draw with a rock in your face while you're trying to aim the bow in the first fight! Do you realize sea raiders are easier then looters because they can't aim thier javs a good as looter do rocks?

Blunt damage gets a second round of hate, now I understand getting hit with a blunt sword would hurt someone, but it's not going to make them ****ing explode in a wave of blood and gore, as seen in tournaments! People get ran over by trucks and have less damage then a Cataphract getting BONKED in a tournament! It's Bananas, B-a-n-a-n-a-s!
But tournament get more hate because having a 2 on 2 teams ruins it because there's no commands to make them hold (in WARBAND you could do it!).....wtf? "oh hold on guy I have like 2 athletics!" "oh don't worry I don't want to win I just wanna get bonked and explode and make you lose! You're never getting that new poney chump!"

The culture perks are bad, except battania. It really bothers me so much when the perk and malice are the same category of thing, like Aserai get more money (via trade penalty reduction) but have to pay more for wages..... how did somebody propose this and not get made fun of? "Hey there thing is they get some money but the catch is.... they gotta pay some money" Ditto for khuzait! Bad! I'll concede on paper the others look alright though, they stink in game, but they look alright.

Roguery, like above it really annoys me that it's only purpose is basically +money but it costs a bunch of money and campaign time to raise it up.... not only is it often 2-4k to do a prison break, since the AI dumps everyone in the same prison the only way to enough prison breaks is to be a merc and capture an enemy, dump em in a prison (like a low security castle) and then break contract and bust em out! That means I'm giving up my ransom, my merc wage and paying 1-4k to get a pop of roguery exp!

Steppe bandits are too fast. I did a million prison breaks and got the 150 perk to make bandits always join me, now I want all the steppe bandits, but they just run away. I feel ripped off and cheated. I feel like everything need to have a purpose or use and it's a huge waste to have all these parties you can't usually catch.

Ranged troops suck at shooting horse archers. Being still is supposed to have more accuracy then moving, but in bannerlord it much easier for horse archers to land stray hit all over a formation then for 10X as many ranged units to shoot the horse archers. I makes every fight against khuzait like 2 fights that takes the time of 10 fights. I get so bored and tired of it, have to move every one to the back left, every one face direction, oh here they come please shoot at them, okay not other group get behind them, okay now other groups move on top of them.... it's like a puzzle game every battle to just make you troops kill the ****ing horse archers.

And speaking of this...this crap here
i0pJs.jpg

Stop copies me! All these jokers who up with khan's guards! It doesn't matter if it's only like 5, it completely distorts the battle! It's like he's making fun of me! "Oh yeah I can get them too what now?" no no , minor clans are for being walking money bags! KG is for me only!
Everybody comes to Khuzmart! Every one comes and gets thier troops because they hardly get raided, so khuzmart is open 24-7 for the whole world! remeber Camel troops? Well now they're all khuzait junk!

It's too hard to kill you husband now! Remember killing your spouses? I do. Miss it? I do. You know what I had to do to get rid of a husband in 1.7, I had to take a merc contract and siege a caslte of his family (how has +relations with me other wise I won't be able to get back in) surrender to the garrison, break the contract, then break him out to have the gaurds kill him......
sRYzO.jpg

^but this MF'er killed all the guards while I watched! I had to re-load and go buy throwing knives and do the deed myself during the break! Also in case you didn't know there's a bug where prisoners will just die to non blunt damage in prisoner breaks, that okay though. Also you can't get them stuck in prison just by putting them in a fief and joining the enemy, they just let them chill.

Sad thing is I know there was way more but now I'm all tried from hating all this stuff so much!

Yeah i remember those , i thought they were evocati or standard bearers. Now they no longer show up. I miss those guys.

It's too hard to kill you husband now! Remember killing your spouses? I do. Miss it? I do.
I hope they increase the death rates in battle again, the 2% is starting to piss me off. I liked when the battles really look like a battle and ppl died on it.Also I do hope they also make the player pay for their mistakes by adding the Player Death in battle

I hope they increase the death rates in battle again, the 2% is starting to piss me off. I liked when the battles really look like a battle and ppl died on it. Also I do hope they also make the player pay for their mistakes by adding the Player Death in battle
But ppl are dieing!! Well the troops are xD
I feel like lords are to exposed, they should be more cautious like behind friendly lines or move only with a formation at the last/safest moment unless they have the valor trait. Cunning lords should avoid battles unless they have the upper hand and only if no other clan member can field a party. I think Camp battles would be cool where certain lords with certain traits will tend to build camps and heal up when weakened and break up when healed/troop party number is in 20+ again.

Maybe add the companion system to AI lords so they can use these companions as military commanders or as a bodyguard.

I haven't posted in ages, and I logged in just to reply to this glorious post.

Wow. You really hate these things, and yet I have a single question: Have you tried...getting gud? Really. Every single one of your complaints is...well, let's just say you can fix it by getting gud.

I hate medicine.
Just hire a surgeon until your skill is high enough. They're not that hard to find.
Too many bandits
Not sure exactly how this is a problem. Fighting at the beginning of the game is almost a complete joke (especially in realistic mode), and the smartest thing to do is trade early on. You don't have any troops, so why would you try fighting? You can make enough money early on by trading until you have enough troops to never have to worry about bandits. Just be sure to get enough horses to keep your speed up, and enough mules to raise your carry weight so you're not overburdened. I'm not kidding here, fighting in the beginning of the game is one of the worst ideas and will probably get you killed.
if you start in battanian land you're stuck at the lake and when you try to leave it a cluster **** all over the outlet paths
There are major trade routes here. Again, trade until you have the troops to not have any issues with bandits.
Looters n hillmen have too many rocks
If you're getting your troops killed by rocks, then you're letting them get too close. Get some archers and cavalry and force them to flee before they get in range. You only have to kill a few bandits for the others to retreat.
Do you realize sea raiders are easier then looters
Lol
People get ran over by trucks and have less damage then a Cataphract getting BONKED in a tournament! It's Bananas, B-a-n-a-n-a-s!
?????
The culture perks are bad
They're really not. Each culture has ups and downs (except Khuzait, we all hate them)
Steppe bandits are too fast
They're meant to be. They have the fastest horses in the game, and you can be super fast, too, if you have better horses. Stop buying cheap horses (probably attainable lategame, en masse)
It's too hard to kill you husband now
Yes, this here, officer. But really, if I'm not mistaken you can just kill them on a battlefield...not sure why you...want to, though... :/

MiWSO.png

Just hire a surgeon
Surgeon doesn't provide personal perks for you
until your skill is high enough
You won't gain any medicine skill if somebody else is assigned the surgeon
why would you try fighting?
I kill anything in my path, that's why I have insight into the disbalance and annoyance, if you go trade horses or smith s like a noob, what do you know about it? Nothing.
If you're getting your troops killed by rocks
I want them to, I want medicine from it, this is about damage to me through armor.
They have the fastest horses in the game
On the campaign map smart guy, do you not read? You think I'm trying to grab them in combat and get them to join me?
Each culture has ups and downs
They have sucky ups that only a noob would choose, or Battania

You seems to have no comprehension of basically anything in the game and you don't read anything.
I haven't posted in ages
Oh no, what a huge loss to everyone to not read you misunderstanding of both the game and other people's postst.
Have you tried...getting gud
I can't because I've always been the best around. Opps I guess it's time to start a new game on a new update!

Last edited:
I hate medicine
You're trying to get to 25 for the perk right? Never had too much trouble getting there by slapping one FP on medicine. Really, it's one of the easiest to level. Leadership is bs you can only level mid-to-late game (though that's exactly where its perks are most useful, except for Veteran's respect which was a real headache for my bandit playthrough)
Too many bandits in sandbox starting area
Not really my experience in the sandbox, and while yes, Battania does seem to have a load of bandits going around at the start, you also have the forests to outrun them. Never had problems going away from Battania. Balancing your troops with sumpter horses isn't that difficult even at the start, especially after you do one of the caravan quests, literally don't know what you're going on about. I guess you can't fling yourself at the enemy like in vanilla warband but that's it.
Blunt damage round 1
It's not that hard to ride around them and waste their rocks. You can get unlucky with the blocks, but unless you're doing it alone it's already a guaranteed victory since they will fight your infantry piecemeal. It's no longer the cakewalk it was in Warband, but that's okay. You have to mantain a respectful distance from the looters if you want to avoid getting shredded, it's a good teaching moment for newbies, unlike before where you cut through them like butter but then get roflstomped by all other bandits. Sea raider parties are yes easier to manage, I sought them out for my bandit playthrough because I intentionally threw away all i had and had to use their javelins to fight, but it's really because they come in smaller numbers than looters. I barely ever find forest bandits nowadays.
Blunt damage round 2
Actually have no clues what you're going on about. Do you have a gore mod? Also, winning a tournament that early is a significant gamechanger. Got a t4 sword from a tournament in Varcheg the same day I started my playthrough in Sturgia, destroyed my plan to use axes.
Culture perks
The Battanian perk is definitely useful even from the early game, and the militia is quite nice, but the others just aren't pushovers either. Influence looks easy to stack up but whenever I started using it for real it dried up very quickly, and that garrison upkeep bonus the Empire gets looks real good now that I spend 6k to garrison 2 cities and 1 castle. I don't get the Aserai hate, 10% more income from trade (I'm certain that applies to loot as well) is more than enough to pay off the 5% extra upkeep, that is if you are active enough in warfare and trade to take advantage of the bonus, probably they thought of that because Aserai players can go on to amass milions if they don't have that.

Man this is boring i'm out now

I was also frustrated with medicine. Download Kaoses tweak and crank up *100 lvl gain on medicine to get last perk. It was not fun, it is the same as lower difficulty game (your unit have more HP is the same as damage reduction) . The more I think about it, 250 athletics and 250 medicine is just bad/lazy design. I did the same with engineer and wanna test metallurgy 225 engineer which I do not think it works. I still get all negative modifiers stuff :roll:

Bandit problems can also be solved with Kaoses tweak just lower their map movespeed. Lords will start hunting them when they are faster than bandit parties. I gave -0.7 move speed to all bandits and -1.2 to steppe bandits.

Agreed, culture perks suck. Only battania seems to do something.

I find dealing with khuzait HA is super easy with your own khuzait noble HA(Does not need to be khan guard just torguud is already ok). AI loves to hold on to bow while you can tell your HA to hold fire and swing glaive/long glaive oneshot instagib them. Loose formation, follow and run to their incoming HA. Turn back before you and melee HA crash with infantry line.

You're trying to get to 25 for the perk right? Never had too much trouble getting there by slapping one FP on medicine.
Yeah but EVERY GAME.... which can be like 3-5 a week makes you not like the strategic "get enough guys hurt but not much for herd penalty". I'm really good at getting it, but it still sucks to have to level medicine by wounded.
Balancing your troops with sumpter horses i
Sumpter horses? I'm a full imperial changer player, I don't **** around with casual horses, but do you need the image I posted of the many bandits in a cluster ****? That's just dum to have so many at the start of the game. I can get around them or kill them all, but I think they need to be redesigned in how they spawn.
I do deliver the hard and either sell or turn in the horses and just buy chargers.
It's not that hard to ride around them and waste their rocks.
They have so many rocks that If I fight say 30 looters, they're still showing rocks at with last one, meaning I've kitted and killed them all, alone and they been chucking rocks the whole battle, that's too many rocks, they should have 1/2 that many. It's like an un designed unit they just made superficially and didn't bother with adjusting it.
Actually have no clues what you're going on about
Blunt damage is dum, it does too much damages.

winning a tournament that early is a significant gamechanger
Well my game is significantly changing a lot then because you can defeat everyone in 3 hits thanks to the blunt damage. Also I have no athletics and heavy armor but I can still run away easily, TW punish me, I was bad and didn't invest in athletics I need to learn a lesson! Don't let me get away with this !
10% more income from trade (I'm certain that applies to loot as well) is more than enough to pay off the 5% extra upkeep
That's not the point, the point is why design it to have the pay off and the malice be the same type of effect? Why can't they be the MONEY choice and have say "Troops need 20% more exp to level up""20% more speed penalty in snow" as their penalty? It just irks me.
that garrison upkeep bonus the Empire gets looks real good now that I spend 6k to garrison 2 cities and 1 castle.
Empire perks is a "win more" perk, if you have enough fiefs that you can really benefit from it then you could easily stabilize you passive income and of course have the means and opportunity to make massive money from warfar.
Influence looks easy to stack up but whenever I started using it for real it dried up very quickly
I need a fact check on Empire perk, is it all influence gained while in an army or just the passive "you in an army" influence, also and m ore importantly does it could leading an army? Because if you get 25% from all sources if influence (particularly battle) and can be leading the army, that's something, if anything else... well you know with more map speed you could catch many more parties and get influence from that....
I find dealing with khuzait HA is super easy with your own khuzait noble HA
Yeah, they become a pushover then, you can just drag and drop KG onto the HA (when they get stuck ion the edge of map) and it's over. But with other ranged (or less KG) it's like you have to trick you ranged into shooting at them, by going to the back left of the map (OOB helps this a bit though) and pointing them so they see the HA. I just think they should be a little better and firing arrows into the massive clouds of HA in front of them and have more proportionate result.
Agreed, culture perks suck. Only battania seems to do something.
I feel like people don't even get how good the battanian perk is and how it lets you earn so much more money just by getting around a bit faster, catching parties, whatever, that it's better then all the money perks and it has a martial advantage too. If you look at the big picture of all the advantages and extra earning and saving campaign time, there's no way to defend the other perks.
Man this is boring i'm out now
Talk'n bout Bannerlrod is boring? No way!

Last edited:
Wow. You really hate these things, and yet I have a single question: Have you tried...getting gud? Really. Every single one of your complaints is...well, let's just say you can fix it by getting gud.

Not sure exactly how this is a problem. Fighting at the beginning of the game is almost a complete joke (especially in realistic mode), and the smartest thing to do is trade early on. You don't have any troops, so why would you try fighting?
Did you stop and ask yourself whether it's desirable though?
In a game which is about fighting at the core, if fighting at the beginning of the game is a complete joke, would that then be something worth complaining about?

By the way telling Ananda to git gud is ironic. Based on the many exploits I've seen him discover I'd say he's much better at Bannerlord SP than most people on this forum. I don't always agree with his takes but he's pretty qualified to talk about issues with the game.

Talk'n bout Bannerlord is interesting from the technical point of view of watching a potentially great game consolidate from an embryonic EA ( with player feed back, really ? ), but we all just want to play and the game is taking way too long to get to even a sensible state ........... no wonder we are all fed up.

Back
Top Bottom