Whats next after 1.7?

Users who are viewing this thread

But isnt that how it is anyway, ive not really looked too hard into exactly where they spawn on the map but it seems to me they magically appear where the troops originally start before clicking ready.

What i would much prefer is if the troops didnt go all star trek and start teleporting on to the battle map its so immersion breaking, in the early days of M&B i just dealt with it but we`re over a decade on and its still happening, i think its great people are starting to make more noise about it so we can get this pushed up the list of priorities.

Voice acting.
Voice acting
This is you asking for voice acting in a Mount & Blade game
tumblr_n72hsl879p1rvdr3go4_400.gif

It's still ridiculous that they still haven't implemented custom troops and still haven't even confirmed it.
for the love of god, please implement custom troops, it would greatly add to the sandbox aspect of the game. Please make this happen, call armagan personally at 02:00 clock in the morning if necessary.

for the love of god, please implement custom troops, it would greatly add to the sandbox aspect of the game. Please make this happen, call armagan personally at 02:00 clock in the morning if necessary.
We were trying, and some still are, since before Warband. I think the closest it got to official implementation was as a half-arsed feature in Fire & Sword. But it is F&S so no one cares.

Battle reinforcements need a massive overhaul
I still don't understand why the game pauses when you're about to enter a battle. For example when a 600 party of ennemies attacks our Army of 500. Very close by are two seperate Lord parties of 60 each who could turn the balance in our favour but they don't reinforce or help because the game pauses the moment two armies touch, and while in battle it doesn't seem like any nearby parties are reinforcing?

Maybe I have nostalgia glasses but I remember in Warband that nearby parties would still try to help one side while the main parties are engaged in battle.

Maybe I have nostalgia glasses but I remember in Warband that nearby parties would still try to help one side while the main parties are engaged in battle.
Warband automatically added to the battle all parties in a certain radius around the encounter.
Of course, a better way would be if they come as timed reinforcements depending on distance and speed.

At least it´s easy to add voice acting, the game has like 51 different sentences or?

I would love more battle chanter, that really improves the immersion on the battlefield.
Battle chanter, sure, but I kinda prefer the lords remaining silent. Especially given that Lords now randomly generate. It catches me off guard when I hear lords talking in cutscenes tbh.

I recalled, their goal come out of early access was supposedly on somewhere march 2021, but they still working on it, thought, still on early access, so who know they would keep working or done with it. I'm petty sure they still working on it, but it's look like getting near out of early access, then hopeful they still working patch up and maybe add DLC to something new gunpower or even fantasy mode or who know.

At least it´s easy to add voice acting, the game has like 51 different sentences or?

I would love more battle chanter, that really improves the immersion on the battlefield.
I don't care for "cutscene" or "dialogue" va, in fact I'd discourage it. You mean battle chatter? Though some culture-specific calls or battle cries when units charge would be fab
- Can you feel it? The ghosts here are troubled..
- Shut it! You're upsetting the lads!
&
- I'm so happy I could cry!
- Do, and I'll kill you.
or something more suited to BL's tone (allegedly):
- Is there honour in defeat?
- Yes, yes there is...
Battle chanter, sure, but I kinda prefer the lords remaining silent. Especially given that Lords now randomly generate.
I need a mod that 1) makes lords have personalities 2) implements dialogue that reflect their traits - in battle more specifically.
Some classics:
A drunkard lord with an ugly wife: "Have you seen my wife? Bloody ugly woman! Probably fighting with that lot over there! And we're buggered if she's on their side! *gulp* Look, do you wanna fight?
Lord with negative charisma: "Well..yes, then. It's.. time to fight, methinks. And I suppose we do our best! And all that kind of thing.. "

Yeah, just nick them from Total War.

On the topic of VA, I think greeting voice lines like Mount and Blade would be enough. But preferably matching what the looter/lord actually says, or at least the first sentence or so.

Back
Top Bottom