Should They Revamp the Last Trait in the skills and not allow us to go over level 300 in skills?

Should they revamp the last skills in each skill tree and make the maximum level 300 for each skill?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Should we revamp the end trait for all skills and max it more meaningful and less about getting even more levels? Maybe make the end trait more meaningful? Honestly I don't care for the traits at all, I kinda liked the old system in Warband more. Your starting character seemed a little more meaningful since you could have so many different types of starts depending on what skills you wanted. How do you guys feel about this? I think it should be revamped but not entirely sure how.

I'm all for all sorts of revamps in the skills, I think many are too weak. I also don't like the attributes, I feel like it undermined the whole point of "do to learn" type character building if you're restricted to "sets" of skills, many of which are redundant (vigor/control) or radically different in power level and "player route". For instance leadership and trade are very different activities, you probably don't want to lead a huge slow army while trading good all over the map so why should these be welded together in SOC? It'd be much better if attributes went away and FP would cover then entire skill, letting players pick and choose what they want.

At the least, the point at which attributes get to perks needs to be more reasonable, some break points leave just a skill or so off form a perk, it's really lame. But really attributes aren't needed and don't add anything to the game. If I had it my way it would be just FP and not even actual hard caps per FP, just very very slow if no FP or past FP range. So what if somebody with no FP is 1 handed slowly gains a little skill every time they do a tournament, it's not going to break the game.

I also think the char creation choices should be better and more, it's always "what sucks the least" "what gives me the least wasted attributes and FP", that's not a good way to start your character.

I also think the char creation choices should be better and more, it's always "what sucks the least" "what gives me the least wasted attributes and FP", that's not a good way to start your character.
So ****ing true!

And yes, the skills are "unbalanced", there are some "must have" perks and some are just useless.

And yes, the skills are "unbalanced", there are some "must have" perks and some are just useless.
They are also sorted in a strange way. You cannot avoid any "Governor" perks in your skill tree, because the perks are placed randomly. Why not sort them somehow better, like, place all the battle perks at the upper line, the governor perks at the bottom line, maybe?

The thing that actually annoys me most are the numbers. Not sure about you, but 300 is a weird choice for max skill.
I'd definitely prefer a system where skills would range from 0-100, or 0-100.0 if you will.The sense of progression is much clearer and faster to evaluate how good a certain character is.

I would like to be able to go over 300 skill for immortal charm alone.

Perks like that give you ongoing reward for going over the final perk level... perhaps other perks should do this too. It's weird to have a cutoff point. I can go to universities for the rest of my life and continue to learn. Why can't my character?

What might be good, is that after age 40-odd (No offence) The physical traits start losing increasing amounts per day - so you have to work harder to keep your physical skills up. Slowly at first... just a little per day - then accelerating as you age so that at age 70 odd (again, no offence), your physical perks are back to baseline... it would make your character's non-physical traits more valuable as you age.

Last edited:
The thing that actually annoys me most are the numbers. Not sure about you, but 300 is a weird choice for max skill.
I'd definitely prefer a system where skills would range from 0-100, or 0-100.0 if you will.The sense of progression is much clearer and faster to evaluate how good a certain character is.
True I really liked the max level being 10 in Warband with the ability to get it a little higher from companions, I think.

True I really liked the max level being 10 in Warband with the ability to get it a little higher from companions, I think.
Opposite, you got a bonus if you had the skill on your MC, but the bonus carried over if you had companion with the skill higher. Getting skill to 10 on MC gave you 14 skill from all 4 bonuses though, giving very powerful effects for some things like surgery and engineering, that gain more and more effect as they get higher.

They are also sorted in a strange way. You cannot avoid any "Governor" perks in your skill tree, because the perks are placed randomly. Why not sort them somehow better, like, place all the battle perks at the upper line, the governor perks at the bottom line, maybe?
Having perks that are useless to the player is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever seen in a video game.

Having perks that are useless to the player is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever seen in a video game.
Dontcha just want go to their design meetings and roll your eyes and say condescending stuff in a sarcastic voice.
" Oh wow, so your new Idea for the Aserai is that they get some money from one thing, and then have to spend some money on another thing.... oh no no it's really good, you go on make up the khuzait one too, oh yeah so they save a little money and then lose 20% of thier income... yeah that seems really great, I bet players can't wait to try the NEW KHUZAITS."

"Oh ow, that mind blowing, so in your vision of the skill system, you level up from your skills, you get a point that only.. ONLY serves to let you level up a skill MORE but, * and this is the revolutionary thing other games are missing*: when you level up it also slows down how fast you learn skills, the skills that level you up, the skills-that which learning more of are the sole reward for leveling up.... " Look out morrowind, here we come changing character leveling forever!
I so glad they finally changed that, but wtf, why did they do that in the first place?

"I just HATE how so many games have some triangle rock paper ✂️ system, I love to see something fresh like this were stuff with arrows or little sideways arrow things, just kill everything else ands there's nothing they can do about it, they even bob their shield up and down, here I am peeka boo shoot me."

The last perk thing is literally the best thing on the skill tree system.
Many perks and skills require being touched on, but the last perk is fine.
I think they all need a secondary effect that benefits troops or the clan. Some have them, but for weapon skills it's just useless "you do even more and more damages, boy what big boy you are, yeah" that's not good enough for such a high attribute investment and also the damage effect is not needed at all anyways.

I think they all need a secondary effect that benefits troops or the clan. Some have them, but for weapon skills it's just useless "you do even more and more damages, boy what big boy you are, yeah" that's not good enough for such a high attribute investment and also the damage effect is not needed at all anyways.
I personally like last perks in all vigor and control skills, but I agree that it is not enough in the current state of character development system. Additional non-personal effects to the existing ones there would be great.

I would like to have some additional effect to the last perk in Trade too which would scale with the skill level.

Also, I think it would be a nice idea to add some secondary governor effects to the last perks in some of the cunning, social and intelligence skills. Some people might not like the idea of having effects in perks for governors, but in my opinion Bannerlord lacks good, game changing perks which would make leveling skills for governors worth the time needed for doing this.

Maybe having more than two effects at least in last perks is the way to go? For example at least one personal or clan leader effect, one for party leaders and one for governors in every last perk. I think it would give a lot of options for character builds to the player, it would make randomized stats of companions less painful, and it would make the late game slightly more interesting.

"You're already one shotting everyone, want to one shot them even harder!?"

Specially considering how much of a pain it is to level skills to and past 275, it sucks that the majority of these perks are just "we grabbed what leveling up this skill would normally do and turned it to 11"

Yeah that is weird. 1 to 100 does seem a bit better. I still think they need to remake or do away with traits though since progression is all over the place with them. Some of them being OP and some of them being useless. Why not just make a skill do what it is supposed to and nothing else, maybe add mechanics that are directly related to said skill. One handed has arrow catcher, why did they add a trait that increases the hitbox of the shield? I think doing away with the trait system completely is for the best and adding actual mechanics to the skills and maybe add more skills if necessary.
The last perk thing is literally the best thing on the skill tree system.
Many perks and skills require being touched on, but the last perk is fine.
I think some of them are clearly too broken. Minister of Health for example can give 50%+ troop HP, idk about you but I think that is kinda broken. I think they should add mechanics that make the game more engaging through skills to feel like you are making progression and not just becoming broken.

Back
Top Bottom