Loot System needs fixing

Users who are viewing this thread

9F9E189252AFA396B48CE061828421BEBBE0C23B

EC613AFBAF57E8084AD1A14A21FA5A899BFFEBA2

Really? 16 loot from 55 kills and 28 assists in tdm. It would take me 63 games at that rate to get the 1000 loot gear. It is rare enough to get a lobby this full anyways with how often the servers crash. It did crash on that match even.

That is approximately 21 hours straight of playing with that full of a lobby for one piece of gear.

Last edited:
I suspect that loot in TDM and siege are primarily based on the amount of time you spent there and not your performance. Just try it out, you can run around the map for a game without any contribution, you will still get that amount of loot (I am not sure if being on the winning / losing side influences the loot you get).
It works differently for captain/ skirmish mods. There you roughly get double loot by being on the winning side + MVP mechanism also grants you more loot.
Maybe the reason behind this is that skirmish / captain games are way more sweatier than TDM/ siege, players need to prioratize teamwork and assess situations when to attack/ retreat etc.

I suspect that loot in TDM and siege are primarily based on the amount of time you spent there and not your performance. Just try it out, you can run around the map for a game without any contribution, you will still get that amount of loot (I am not sure if being on the winning / losing side influences the loot you get).
It works differently for captain/ skirmish mods. There you roughly get double loot by being on the winning side + MVP mechanism also grants you more loot.
Maybe the reason behind this is that skirmish / captain games are way more sweatier than TDM/ siege, players need to prioratize teamwork and assess situations when to attack/ retreat etc.
You are correct unfortunately, it seems that it is a time based mechanic that gives you pitiful rewards even for completing a full match or two.

I am level 104 now and did not get any loot from the 1k hours I put into multiplayer before launch of the skins system. I find this highly unfortunate as back then I played more skirmish. I would love to play NA skirmish more, but there is never anyone on. High ping on this game feels horrible and makes EU unplayable even on the east coast. In Warband playing with high ping was easier. I have fun playing some aspects of bannerlord, but it seems acquiring all the skins will be an impossible goal even with the amount of time I put into the game already.

You are correct unfortunately, it seems that it is a time based mechanic that gives you pitiful rewards even for completing a full match or two.

I am level 104 now and did not get any loot from the 1k hours I put into multiplayer before launch of the skins system. I find this highly unfortunate as back then I played more skirmish. I would love to play NA skirmish more, but there is never anyone on. High ping on this game feels horrible and makes EU unplayable even on the east coast. In Warband playing with high ping was easier. I have fun playing some aspects of bannerlord, but it seems acquiring all the skins will be an impossible goal even with the amount of time I put into the game already.

Give up all hope ye all who try to make sense of Taleworlds' perverted game design logic. In fact, I would argue that making numerous iterations in design and getting all 100 percent of them wrong must take a very special talent rather than mere incompetence or blind chance.

This loot system was clearly intended to incentivize more people to play their precious competitive modes. However, in the sad reality where 90 percent of skirmish matches result in one team getting obliterated by the other, the only thing that it managed to achieve is incentivize a handful of sweaty tryhards to sweat even harder and stomp the opposing team as fast as possible to farm loot and badges. Since no sane person would ever find this kind of gameplay remotely fun, this has led to skirmish being even more dead than before, which, again, is an amazing feat in itself.

I say, vote with your legs and invest your time in better things than this dog turd of a game.

Back
Top Bottom