The Class System was Introduced so they could Monetize on the Skins

Users who are viewing this thread

Its pretty clear playing the new class system (especially with the introduction of grindable skins) that the reason why they changed (from Warband) to this system was to monetize on this from the beginning. Funnily enough the perk system looks like it makes up for the lack of customization.
The option of how fast my character is in relation to my armour, what weapons I want at the same time - is limited in comparison to Warband. With this system I have to chose either or, which in Warband I could choose whatever weapons and armour I wanted.

So in essence its a second rate system similar to Warband with grindable skins (that were free in Warband) - only it does it far worse. Not to mention the s**t amount of gold you get for the amount of time you play. So, making a prediction - they will charge stupid amounts of money for ingame currency to purchase these skins (its the only explanation for the grind).

I feel like I'm going mad, does anyone else see this?

Edit - After-thought, I wouldn't be surprised if they refused to allow private servers with full release.

I don't believe that skins are going to be monetized, because Tw has stated many times that it's not going to happen (once there was a "maybe" answer if I remember correctly, but that's that). I guess it simply comes down to the vision and "accessibility" (whatever that's supposed to mean).
Yet again, I wouldn't be too surprised if Tw would introduce currency conversion system with the release, because they have a bad habit of introducing controversial changes and mechanics.

Edit - After-thought, I wouldn't be surprised if they refused to allow private servers with full release.
Personally, I don't believe that private/custom servers are coming until I see them released.

I thought the main reason why they did the class system was to make it so that gold hoarders can't be invincible death machines like they could in Warband. Ideally, a low-cost unit could still have a fighting chance against the 200 gold heavy cavs.

In practice, it's apparent to me that TaleWorlds has snuck in some intentional imbalances so that certain factions and units will for the most part, perform better than others, while peasant units in some cases will actually punish you for dying as an archer, skirmisher or shock trooper.
Personally, I don't believe that private/custom servers are coming until I see them released.
I think we all know that this game will be in Early Access forever.

Well TW stated that they are not even considering microtransactions and loot boxes for multiplayer. If for some reason they would make an option to buy loot with your money in order to avoid grinding, it is up to you to decide whether you want to spend some bucks on them or not. It would be a huge problem if you could only buy certain items that give you otherwise non-achievable benefits (like an armor that you buy for € 5 that gives you +15 body armor when equipped)
Btw, grinding for loot is not that tiresome. Captain mode wins should give the most amount of loot (have not tested it, just read it somewhere), after that skirmish wins should give you at least 35 loot, more if you were MVP several times (in such cases you can get around 45-50ish loot).
If you playing on duels / TDM/ siege servers, you get significantly less loot. Correct me if I am wrong, but in these servers it seems that you get loot after the time you spend there, at least I did not realize that it is somehow connected to your perfomance.

Tbh i don't care about the skins. They're purely cosmetic and nothing else. Not enough reason to play game modes i don't like that much. Ill just stick to what i like instead of grinding captain...

Well TW stated that they are not even considering microtransactions and loot boxes for multiplayer. If for some reason they would make an option to buy loot with your money in order to avoid grinding, it is up to you to decide whether you want to spend some bucks on them or not. It would be a huge problem if you could only buy certain items that give you otherwise non-achievable benefits (like an armor that you buy for € 5 that gives you +15 body armor when equipped)
Btw, grinding for loot is not that tiresome. Captain mode wins should give the most amount of loot (have not tested it, just read it somewhere), after that skirmish wins should give you at least 35 loot, more if you were MVP several times (in such cases you can get around 45-50ish loot).
If you playing on duels / TDM/ siege servers, you get significantly less loot. Correct me if I am wrong, but in these servers it seems that you get loot after the time you spend there, at least I did not realize that it is somehow connected to your perfomance.
The problem arises when you design your game around the skin monetization and reduce depth in the system to accommodate it.

There is nothing wrong with skins until they start designing the system around it and not the other way.

Pretty sure thats not the reason, you could do a cosmetic system with a warband style loadout as well.
For example each faction could have 4 tiers of equipment per slot which can be assigned skins.

....I don't believe that skins are going to be monetized....

....Well TW stated that they are not even considering microtransactions and loot boxes for multiplayer....

....I thought the main reason why they did the class system was to make it so that gold hoarders can't be invincible death machines like they could in Warband. Ideally, a low-cost unit could still have a fighting chance against the 200 gold heavy cavs....

Then why is MP so grindy with a trickle of gold for time spent? Just to access customization options that we already had available in Warband. Even more shocking is that these skins came from SP, they aren't unique in any way - so whats the point? They should be free. The only reasonable explanation for this is that they plan to monetize it.
The main underlining problem is the Warband system was done away for this.

Na I never experienced that with the gold hoarders, most people that were good didn't often wear armour at all. I used to create a light armoured, fast moving character - something I can't really do with this system, especially since they nerfed movement speed and made it same more a less for all classes.

Pretty sure thats not the reason, you could do a cosmetic system with a warband style loadout as well.
For example each faction could have 4 tiers of equipment per slot which can be assigned skins.
They didn't do warband system because they wanted to make the game competitive and make it easy to add skins. Warband class system just wasn't good enough for competitive.

They didn't do warband system because they wanted to make the game competitive and make it easy to add skins. Warband class system just wasn't good enough for competitive.
Why do you keep claiming this? Their primary reasons were to make all loadouts available for new players, ease of balancing, and to make classes visually distinct. These aren't "competitive" decisions, they're general gameplay ones.

That isn't to say the system succeeded even at those goals, but it's just weird this bee you have about it being "competitive". It's just the general trend of game design (i.e. bad).

Why do you keep claiming this? Their primary reasons were to make all loadouts available for new players, ease of balancing, and to make classes visually distinct. These aren't "competitive" decisions, they're general gameplay ones.

That isn't to say the system succeeded even at those goals, but it's just weird this bee you have about it being "competitive". It's just the general trend of game design (i.e. bad).
Because they designed this system early on already, it would be ridiculous to say the skins did not affect the way they approached the class system when you consider they are putting the skin system as a long term grind/option for the multiplayer to "lengthen" it's life, indicating this decisions was done early on.

Those points they put may have been relevant at first, but as you can see they did not work out. It's especially hard to redesign your software to accommodate a new class system when you have already created a system on top of it, which is the skin system in this case, same for the perks.

To be honest I don't think it is in TaleWorlds' best interest to not release custom servers. Then again, it is not uncommon for development studios to intentionally not allow people to mod the game.

I like the class system much better than the warband system. Skins were a feature designed later on. I do favor the new system. It's time for people to move on and adopt the new system. It's very noob friendly and I am sure new players enjoy it much more than having to customize their character when they earn or lose gold. It's a waste of time. Even if such a mod gets created it will die quick so just wait for mercenaries mod to be released in a couple years and enjoy making the character you desire.

Like stop crying it will never go back to how it used to be in Warband. Even napoleonic wars DLC had premade classes in Warband so they adopted the Idea long long ago.

Class system was introduced to make new players comfortable according to TW. They could also monetize warband equipment selection system if they wanted? I don't see a reason for TW to monetize the skins, maybe they'll make them free once custom servers come out. Class system is good for skirmish and captain modes but I don't see how current class system will work with the upcoming "one-life mode" aka battle mode.

I like the class system much better than the warband system. Skins were a feature designed later on.
That's not how you design software, you need to make sure your system has the means to accommodate the skin system early on, unless TW did the tiresome decision of having to refactor their class system.

It's time for people to move on and adopt the new system. It's very noob friendly and I am sure new players enjoy it much more than having to customize their character when they earn or lose gold.
Noob friendly doesn't mean you have a good system. I could design a class system with no money and simply pick and go, it would be noob friendly, but it would be terrible.

When the only way of improving for the perk system is memorizing which perk is the strongest, you know the system has no depth.

Even if such a mod gets created it will die quick so just wait for mercenaries mod to be released in a couple years and enjoy making the character you desire.
You can't even make the difference between native warband and mercenaries class systems, are you sure you played warband?

Like stop crying it will never go back to how it used to be in Warband.
No one is asking for that. Asking for an improvement from your previous game instead of downgrade shouldn't be very controversial.

Even napoleonic wars DLC had premade classes in Warband so they adopted the Idea long long ago.
Napoleonic wars DLC made use of the premade for the simple reason it made sense for the period. We're past the medieval ages and standardization of uniforms was relevant during the Napoleonic wars, it was not during the medieval ages.

You say all of this because you're one of those sweats who think somehow this game make is going to make it big. I will tell you now, it will not. You can go ahead and play this game with the 5 remaining people who play it until custom servers come out.

You say all of this because you're one of those sweats who think somehow this make is going to make it big. I will tell you now, it will not. You can go ahead and play this game with the 5 remaining people who play it until custom servers come out.
I myself will probs not play the current MP once MP mods start coming out. But still a mod with the warband system will not be active or alive at all. I don't mind either systems but some warband boomers like you mind it. Why do you waste time and energy on topics that will never happen or if they happen they will lack the interest of more than 100 warband players :grin::grin::grin: . TW will not bother to change their whole MP class system for a couple unsatisfied players like you .

I myself will probs not play the current MP once MP mods start coming out. But still a mod with the warband system will not be active or alive at all. I don't mind either systems but some warband boomers like you mind it. Why do you waste time and energy on topics that will never happen or if they happen they will lack the interest of more than 100 warband players :grin::grin::grin: . TW will not bother to change their whole MP class system for a couple unsatisfied players like you .
Never said or mentioned a mod with an identical warband class system would survive. You again make the assumption i want a 1:1 copy of warband when i clearly told you i wanted an improvement on it, am i talking to a wall?

They didnt even try to make it work with a more customizable system, i think its just bad game design decisions nothing malicious

Back
Top Bottom