Whats next after 1.7?

Users who are viewing this thread

Now that 1.7 has been released what is next for the future updates? I know they have to bring in the banner system but other than that we havent heard anything. Here's a couple things that still need to happen before the game fully releases:

They still have some issues related to the siege AI; when the towers arrive only 1 or 2 go up first to drop the ramp then the rest follow shortly after.
Diplomacy is still a hot mess; peace system is totally FUBAR
When at peace as a vassal or as a king there is nothing to do during peace time that is relevant
Order of battle still needs some more love to the system to flesh it out
Battle reinforcements need a massive overhaul

This is a small list but trust me, we still have a long way to go boys.

I don't think anybody thought, that this is anywhere close to the end of development. Given that they have quite some time before release implies that there will be many updates coming.

What I would like to see:

- Diplomacy, including alliances
- Reinforcements reworked
- Banners
- Cut scenes (wedding, death of nobles, major events)
- Arena tournaments reworked, there should be special tournaments, there is a tournament ladder but it is quite useless at the moment
- Plot of assassination

Most likely 1.7.1, i doubt they will jump to 1.8.0 right off the bat.

When it comes to features, most likely banners, banditry, ai improvements, multiplayer rebalance, new maps to accomodate for not-yet done terrain combinations (anything with river), and so on.

I think there's still a huge amount of work on the Battle Terrain System ahead, so I believe it's far from full release.

I know you are all excited for the battle terrain system but hear me out:
More music files.
You know when you go into a town and you hear authentic music from the culture?

Well get ready for authentic medieval street music!
That's right, broken instruments being banged together followed by the hoarse croaks of the deranged/hopeless, the instruments vary depending on the culture of the settlement.

What I would like to see:

- Diplomacy, including alliances
Alliances were proposed but rejected according to TW, thankfully mods do exist for it
- Banners
- Cut scenes (wedding, death of nobles, major events)
You probably already know this, but just in case you don't, I can say these are confirmed to be coming in their Future Plans!
- Plot of assassination
This is listed in the game files with a note next to it saying it was cut for being too complicated, but it's a feature I would like too which modders can probably implement reasonably easily

Game need peace conference. There is difference between owning and occupation. Now during war enemy when conquer it immidietly owns fief and getting advantage. That would fix snowballing and would make wars more interesting.

It's still ridiculous that they still haven't implemented custom troops and still haven't even confirmed it.
Maybe because its not being added to the game?

As for what's after 1.7.0, it may be another longer wait until the next patch, as the final touches are added to another promised feature. I wouldn't be shocked if it is another month wait, but I'm not really annoyed by that whatsoever.

As for the list of features that still "need" to happen before release, none of those will probably be touched upon. What's going to be added is what was in the future plans post a while ago. Things like the system of effects with the Banners and the Claimant quests are going to be the bigger things that get released. Post launch is when these things will be addressed, if ever.

Yep, this is the biggest issue of the game during big battles ?
It's sad that a new feature that was so highly anticipated and promoted by Taleworlds turns out to be one of the biggest issues. Don't get me wrong I don't think anyone thought it would be bug free, but that it's actually worse in many ways than the old system says a lot.

Now that 1.7 has been released what is next for the future updates? I know they have to bring in the banner system but other than that we havent heard anything. Here's a couple things that still need to happen before the game fully releases:

They still have some issues related to the siege AI; when the towers arrive only 1 or 2 go up first to drop the ramp then the rest follow shortly after.
Diplomacy is still a hot mess; peace system is totally FUBAR
When at peace as a vassal or as a king there is nothing to do during peace time that is relevant
Order of battle still needs some more love to the system to flesh it out
Battle reinforcements need a massive overhaul

This is a small list but trust me, we still have a long way to go boys.
Voice acting.

Battle reinforcements have been an issue in M&B for as along as i can remember, having them magically spawn on to the map is the single most immersion breaking thing in the game and whats worse is it happens in the biggest focus point in the game ...the battles, absolutely crazy its not yet been resolved, im not even sure its on the radar?

Battle reinforcements have been an issue in M&B for as along as i can remember, having them magically spawn on to the map is the single most immersion breaking thing in the game and whats worse is it happens in the biggest focus point in the game ...the battles, absolutely crazy its not yet been resolved, im not even sure its on the radar?
all they need to do is make it like warband where your reinforcments spawn at your spawn on the map and run to you at least then you can plan around it better than oh look my men spawned in the middle of the enemy and now there dead GG

Back
Top Bottom