Help with menu

Users who are viewing this thread

Kaiser_SG

Recruit
Hello everyone! I'm new in modding world, and i like so much this game. I play a lot of servers in witch this menu appears, and i decided to make one for my server, but i don't know how. Someone can recommend me some guide or template.

thx

Imagen

Like Dalion wrote at the Modding Discord:
to understand how presentations work you should create your own. Trust me, it really helps. What you are trying to modify is a complete, connected and working system, being a novice it's hard to even get how does it work, let alone change the way it works. Start with something smaller, learn what an overlay is, why it is always a global variable, read the text at the top of module_presentations, download a header_operations pinned in this channel and see the presentation part in it. Practice makes perfect, there is no ultimate guide on how to achieve the thing you want via MS

For presentations there don't exist any real tutorials which explain the basics. Most of it is trial and error, so you need to dig into the presentations which are already around and change them a bit to get slowly a feeling for how they work.

You can find some crude basics explained here:

Here you find a tutorial of how to create a new unit section to NW multiplayer:

Upvote 0
Like Dalion wrote at the Modding Discord:

For presentations there don't exist any real tutorials which explain the basics. Most of it is trial and error, so you need to dig into the presentations which are already around and change them a bit to get slowly a feeling for how they work.

You can find some crude basics explained here:

Here you find a tutorial of how to create a new unit section to NW multiplayer:
I only want that menu to spawn items like a musket or pistol, because i cant find custom commands in the forums to spawn it.

Upvote 0
I would have been surprise if it would have worked since it has been developed before NW has been released :razz:

There is no easy solution which you can just put on your mod and it works fine and perfect. I gave you all the informations which are available, doing presentations is challenging, even for experienced modders. The rest is now trial and error which requires work from your side.

Upvote 0
I would have been surprise if it would have worked since it has been developed before NW has been released :razz:

There is no easy solution which you can just put on your mod and it works fine and perfect. I gave you all the informations which are available, doing presentations is challenging, even for experienced modders. The rest is now trial and error which requires work from your side.
I already found the sourcecode of napoleinic wars but I still don't know how to change the items of the admin tricks

Upvote 0
Menus in modding world mean single-player game menus (like in villages or battles), the thing shown above is what is called presentations.

Making such presentation work like on Tropical Paradise server would be quite tough for you if you have just started scripting Warband. Like really, really tough. Creating a standalone presentation would be quite easy, but making client/ server events would be very hard to do. You may look at Minisiege's source code or some Caesim's scripts that handle item selection server-side to learn a thing or two (the scripts, however, are not the same with the above shown by you). Just go to FSE forum and take a look around its modding resources section.

Upvote 0
Menus in modding world mean single-player game menus (like in villages or battles), the thing shown above is what is called presentations.

Making such presentation work like on Tropical Paradise server would be quite tough for you if you have just started scripting Warband. Like really, really tough. Creating a standalone presentation would be quite easy, but making client/ server events would be very hard to do. You may look at Minisiege's source code or some Caesim's scripts that handle item selection server-side to learn a thing or two (the scripts, however, are not the same with the above shown by you). Just go to FSE forum and take a look around its modding resources section.
I only want a simple thing to spawn items. Like a command, menu or something but with the posibility to spawn somes items.

Upvote 0
Above you have the source code linked for a simple spawning of items, you only need to implement it into your mod. The better question would be if you already managed to set up the module system for your mod and managed to compile it succesfully. Is that the case?

Upvote 0
Above you have the source code linked for a simple spawning of items, you only need to implement it into your mod. The better question would be if you already managed to set up the module system for your mod and managed to compile it succesfully. Is that the case?
I only want to spawn items for my NW server

Upvote 0
by an admin
The above presentation seems to be triggered by players. Anyway, if it has to be triggered by admins, that is a lot better for you because there are already many admin scripts for that.

The best admin tools are found in Adimi Tools, check them out but you will have to port them to NW: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/adimi-tools-v1-52-for-1-174.275440/.

Just go to FSE forum and take a look around its modding resources section.
As I said, that is the place to go.
So you actually don't want to mod but have some finished product
Yeah, in this case, @Kaiser_SG has to rely on what has already been done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
So you actually don't want to mod but have some finished product. Perhaps try this here, just found it at the FSE forum:
The above presentation seems to be triggered by players. Anyway, if it has to be triggered by admins, that is a lot better for you because there are already many admin scripts for that.

The best admin tools are found in Adimi Tools, check them out but you will have to port them to NW: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/adimi-tools-v1-52-for-1-174.275440/.

As I said, that is the place to go.

Yeah, in this case, @Kaiser_SG has to rely on what has already been done.
guys i try with all the admin tools but its impossible

Upvote 0
If none of the current admin tools is working fine for you, you have two options:
1) Start learning how to mod yourself and implement it by yourself. Starting point is:
2) Accept the fact that you won't have it like you want it and continue playing as is.

Upvote 0
If none of the current admin tools is working fine for you, you have two options:
1) Start learning how to mod yourself and implement it by yourself. Starting point is:
2) Accept the fact that you won't have it like you want it and continue playing as is.
Agree, one can either try out existing tools, leave them alone and be content with not having them or learn how to mod.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom