Skins - Should the current ones really cost ingame currency?

Users who are viewing this thread

Shouldn't the skins currently available for ingame currency be free, especially if they can be found in Single Player?
Its not like it required extra developer time away from their current vision (and they aren't exactly unique), they just ported them over from SP?
Am I missing something?

My worry is, they will eventually allow people to purchase ingame currency with real money and then people will end up paying for those skins ported from SP...

Edit- ....and how long does it take to grind those skins?

I get your point about micro transactions, but I think they have to make more money for:

1.Keep the MP game alive
2.More updates.

It also wouldn't hurt if they make 2X Loot weekends, events and other thing to increase earnings.

My worry is, they will eventually allow people to purchase ingame currency with real money and then people will end up paying for those skins ported from SP...

You shouldn't be worried, its not even an actual thing, unless you are prone to overspending in video games. Let others spend their money/ make their money however they see fit. If they create an inherently evil loot system maybe I would change my mind. Another aspect is if they open player trading, (speaking from personal experience) you can get expensive items you don't want and trade them. Made $80 off black Veloces In rocket league so theres that side.

Captains gives the best loot so I have all but maybe 1 or 2 1,000 cost item left to buy after ~400 hours

62OLzvz.jpg

I get your point about micro transactions, but I think they have to make more money for:

1.Keep the MP game alive
2.More updates.

It also wouldn't hurt if they make 2X Loot weekends, events and other thing to increase earnings.
They don't need to make money. They need to make a healthy MP which they are failing miserably at.

Shouldn't the skins currently available for ingame currency be free, especially if they can be found in Single Player?
Its not like it required extra developer time away from their current vision (and they aren't exactly unique), they just ported them over from SP?
Am I missing something?

Worry do not, since MP is kinda dead at the moment , and even if Taleworlds will add $ skins , i guess we could also have a option to get them for free buy just playing. (Same monetization that tons of games have atm)

I think people are missing the point, the skins that are in MP to grind are already in SP...shouldn't these just be free?
You mean they should have used the wide variety of armor from the singleplayer to make a good class system and then supplement that system with new skins added later down the line instead of simply having skins locking basically the whole game unless you grind?

Madman

When SP is done, game will be released. Or are they actually going to transfer and train devs for MP and hold SP? That sounds so unlikely.

Just hope somehow we get servers before people take a 2nd look at this game come release

Just hope somehow we get servers before people take a 2nd look at this game come release
Server files are definitely not happening before full release (they stated this several times), but I also think calling the full release a "2nd look" is pushing it a bit. Sure, there will be a temporary bump of players, but there's no way it can be compared to its initial release.
But yeah, that's the real fun part, isn't it? Proper MP matters so little to them that they won't even ensure it works properly before giving the green light to the (relatively) biggest influx of players they can muster.

Bonus loot weekends, yeah. Something like bonus loot when level up, "I need just 500 xp more for next level and then I can afford X, I must grind!" Maybe loot yield increase with levels.

Not sure what their plan is regarding the point of XP/levels, skins and so on, but im really curious :grin: I wouldnt be surprised if TW keep quiet about this to avoid unnessesary hype and risk backlash because hype was too great and people got dissappointed

Back
Top Bottom