Companions Skills Not Done Right

Users who are viewing this thread

So any ways here is what I think should be done.

So Companion skills are broken, they shouldn't come to us Red with 0 learning Rate. It makes it quite Impossible for them to level up. It would be nice if they could have the correct stats to match the skills or the skills to match the stats. Then when you hire them/marry them you wouldn't be stuck with someone who will never level up. Or at least Give us the option to Wipe their Focus Points/ Attribute Points so that we can place them ourselves and make sure that there aren't as many red skills with 0 or .25 learning rate.

FYI this isn't a new complaint, most people complaining about this have either said give us companions with a reasonable skill set that can level or give us a blank companions we can build how we want or give us low level companions that we can level how we want or some mix of the 3. Honestly finding a companion with good skills and no red skills is like finding a 5 leaf clover.

. It makes it quite Impossible for them to level up.
This part doesn't work the way you think it does: They will still gain the same level up exp from doing stuff, regardless if they're capped or not.
I agree, although wanderers have been improved, they still could be better set up for their roles and a re-spec option for their perks would be a big help.
A good way to get them some levels is to slap a light Xbow on them and just let them shoot all battle from ma stationary horse, landing long range hits for high damage procs high level up exp because it's trigger in from both ranged attack and riding. If you can put a noble bow on them that'll be even better, but a light Xbow is fine at required no Xbow skill. Lesser bows aren't as good for this though, so go noble or xbow. Of course the ones that start at level 20+ are gonna be slower to gain more fp then if you get a lower level one.

Current companions is just a placeholder, so nobody will spend time and resourses to fix them, unless some modding enthusiast will take this burden. But, given extremely slow development pace, we probably never will see finished and working companion system at all, so modders is our only hope.

I agree, although wanderers have been improved, they still could be better set up for their roles and a re-spec option for their perks would be a big help.
This is definitely what I want the most. Some of the companions come with bad synergy between perks sometimes. E.g. If they have a high one-handed skill, then sometimes they have perks for using a shield, using no shield, on foot, and on horseback... some kind of weird multi-role spec.
Current companions is just a placeholder, so nobody will spend time and resourses to fix them, unless some modding enthusiast will take this burden. But, given extremely slow development pace, we probably never will see finished and working companion system at all, so modders is our only hope.
They are? I really hope so, as that's good to hear. I also would like to see Taleworlds revamp their nicknames and add a thousand more options, so I don't have 3 people called 'the sholar' in my party.

I thought my young sister wasn't leveling up as a castle admin,(steward) always at 0 for along time .... then suddenly she jumped to 25 as she finished building a Wall upgrade - bingo -

So Companion skills are broken, they shouldn't come to us Red with 0 learning Rate. It makes it quite Impossible for them to level up.
I don't know about "impossible" but what I personally do when something in the game is screwy is use the Console Commands to rectify those kinds of imbalances and other broken or unfinished things that the devs are still working on.
I don't know what Talewords thought when they decided to give us a command console but I do appreciate it. I don't think I'd play it quite often if the game didn't have that.

Back
Top Bottom