Resolved 1.7.0 Nevyansk Castle boosting project feature makes the project last longer (ultimately to be never completed)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.7.0
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
N.A.
Summary: Conquered the castle, installed the governor, and boosted the projects with the money. The project will last longer with every additional penny you spend until the end date settles at "Never to be completed".
How to Reproduce: Play the game from the ironman save I uploaded (name of the thread)
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related): Nevyansk Castle
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
Config: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @2.60 GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M; Motherboard: Lenovo Allsparks 5K NO DPK, SSD CT500MX500SSD, Win 10 Pro

Save file has been uploaded.

GzU5h.png

Seriously? What is your source? The project was going on before I boosted it with the money...
Pretty sure that information is correct though, or when loyalty is very low it gets reduced very heavy.

In your case for whatever reason the production shows as being 0.

Basically stop the que, get your loyalty over 25% at the very least, I'd go up to 50 tbh.

The 25% that he mention is where the revolt threshold is going on, while I've yet to see a castle revolt, a town could.

So it simulates taht the ppl are "not working, strikeing, revolting, protesting" take your pick to fill it in for immersion.

To get loyalty up you need to run the Festival & games and only that, no other things in the que(if you arent aware of it, they removed where those passives would run in the background).

Would be nice if this information was present in game
I agree, but it was sort of in patch notes, which I dont think most read? and or if you didnt play the patc that the feature was implemented etc you may have missed it that way.

I'm guessing/hopeing that down the line more of the "basic concepts" of the game is in the encylopeida ingame.

But in this case though its "obvious" enough production on the pic provided do state 0 production.
Now if he'd hover over the value ingame - it would tell him what made it so low if I recall(I dont have a game where I have such low loyalty)
I always focus on gettting loyalty up first.

I agree, but it was sort of in patch notes, which I dont think most read? and or if you didnt play the patc that the feature was implemented etc you may have missed it that way.

I'm guessing/hopeing that down the line more of the "basic concepts" of the game is in the encylopeida ingame.

But in this case though its "obvious" enough production on the pic provided do state 0 production.
Now if he'd hover over the value ingame - it would tell him what made it so low if I recall(I dont have a game where I have such low loyalty)
I always focus on gettting loyalty up first.
I mean all they have to do is put "Low Loyalty!" under Completion: Never and that's job done

Ok, I checked it. It is somehow connected. I changed the governor to one of the same cultures (Sturgia) and the clock restarted... But there is still something wrong going on in here. Look:

1. Changed governor - clock started ticking

AB8LB.png

2. Paid some more money (+10k) to increase the budget

BzS9f.png

3. Paid even more money (another 10k)

_as-h.png

It will take even more time ?!

4. More and more money, it stops...

aufhD.png

I don't know how about you but i find it a bit broken...

Ok, I checked it. It is somehow connected. I changed the governor to one of the same cultures (Sturgia) and the clock restarted... But there is still something wrong going on in here. Look:

1. Changed governor - clock started ticking

AB8LB.png

2. Paid some more money (+10k) to increase the budget

BzS9f.png

3. Paid even more money (another 10k)

_as-h.png

It will take even more time ?!

4. More and more money, it stops...

aufhD.png

I don't know how about you but i find it a bit broken...
The important part here is your "construction" score, it's 2 currently, it's very low so that's why it takes 164 days to complete the building.
Adding 10k doesn't change anything now, you are just adding more money into the "Reserve". The bonus from that reserve is +20 to your Construction score. That cost you 250 gold each day. By adding money here, you will just have this +20 bonus for more time.

Almost every information is directly in the game, as Zorion said:
"Now if he'd hover over the value ingame - it would tell him what made it so low if I recall(I dont have a game where I have such low loyalty)"

Hover everything in this menu and you will understand what influence each score and how to improve it.

The governor with the same culture and perk bonuses can greatly improve all of them.

Edit: if you wait 2 more days your loyalty will be above 25 and you should be ok. I don't think the workshops will really have an impact for you, you should just have +1 added to your Construction score.

Last edited:
The important part here is your "construction" score, it's 2 currently, it's very low so that's why it takes 164 days to complete the building.
Adding 10k doesn't change anything now, you are just adding more money into the "Reserve". The bonus from that reserve is +20 to your Construction score. That cost you 250 gold each day. By adding money here, you will just have this +20 bonus for more time.

Almost every information is directly in the game, as Zorion said:
"Now if he'd hover over the value ingame - it would tell him what made it so low if I recall(I dont have a game where I have such low loyalty)"

Hover everything in this menu and you will understand what influence each score and how to improve it.

The governor with the same culture and perk bonuses can greatly improve all of them.

Edit: if you wait 2 more days your loyalty will be above 25 and you should be ok. I don't think the workshops will really have an impact for you, you should just have +1 added to your Construction score.
Wait, is it really ok for you to invest and expect to prolong the end date the more you invest? I understand what should i do to make it better for me. I actually did it if you haven't read my post...

So to make it easier for you: Investing should allow things to be build quicker not longer.

Wait, is it really ok for you to invest and expect to prolong the end date the more you invest? I understand what should i do to make it better for me. I actually did it if you haven't read my post...

So to make it easier for you: Investing should allow things to be build quicker not longer.
I mean, I took the time to read your post and even created my account just to be able to answer you...

Did you check your screenshots? You are just adding more money into a reserve and the completion time didn't change. It's alway 164 days. It's 164 because your have a construction score of 2.
So I assume you didn't understand the reserve part and it's bonus, my bad.
And I don't think it's perfect like this in the game, I just wanted to explain the logic there.
But I can also understand they wanted to avoid being able to build a building in one day with some money if the bonus was cumulative.

Edit: OK my bad again, I just saw the second screenshot had a different number of days. You're right.

I mean, I took the time to read your post and even created my account just to be able to answer you...

Did you check your screenshots? You are just adding more money into a reserve and the completion time didn't change. It's alway 164 days. It's 164 because your have a construction score of 2.
So I assume you didn't understand the reserve part and it's bonus, my bad.
And I don't think it's perfect like this in the game, I just wanted to explain the logic there.
But I can also understand they wanted to avoid being able to build a building in one day with some money if the bonus was cumulative.
You didn't read it. It is not 164. At first it is 106 days with 26k in the a count. After i add up another 10k it changes to 146 days, another 10k and it is 164 days. After that point it won't move from the reasons you explained a post ago...

You didn't read it. It is not 164. At first it is 106 days with 26k in the a count. After i add up another 10k it changes to 146 days, another 10k and it is 164 days. After that point it won't move from the reasons you explained a post ago...
I have tried to replicate this bug using my own save file, but I wasn't able to achive the same effect as you. For me, the game correctly calculates the number of days needed to finnish the project.
In your case however, it seems like the game is showing you just number of days needed to deplete the gold reserve + one more day, and when you put enough gold that it lasts longer than completing the project, it starts showing you correctly when project will be completed.
Maybe this info will help someone to fix this bug.

Now, let's talk about the other part of the bug. You shouldn't be able to have any construction points with loyality below 25, and I think I might know why you have them despite having low loyality in your settlement.
While I was testing this issue, I have found that battanian cultural effect "10% slower build rate" is incorrectly calculated and makes it impossible to get 0 construction points. So, if you picked battanian culture at the start of your campaign, it is probably the cause of this part of the bug. Altough, if that's the case, I still have no idea why you had correctly 0 construction points with the first governor.

I'll make a bug report for this cultural effect later, and then I post a link to it here as it might be related to the bug from this thread.

I've been informed that the reason behind this is the low loyalty value.
Sorry to say that. But it seems to be very lame detective work :wink:

How can this be a problem with low loyalty, when I'm able to actually build below 25? There must be something else affecting it...

@CptMuppet has already reached out to the "core" of the problem and opened a separate thread.

Back
Top Bottom