What happened to Bannerlord Tweaks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Nobody could possibly have fun with this game at native XP progression levels, which can only be reasonably leveled by mortal combat - not training or even tournament combat. You shouldn't have to personally kill more people than Ghengis Khan in order to git gud when your character backstory involves archery practiced since childhood.
hes-right-you-know.jpg

I already paid money to buy the game. It's not my or the modders' responsibility to keep making up for the fact that it's dog ****.
preach-brother.jpg

7G2q.gif

Sounds to me you should step in and update then. Coding this stuff isn't free.
Just because you want the game to be different due to the fact you're bad doesn't mean you're entitled to it.
Huh? Mods aren't free? Since when, lol? Do you even understand what a mod is? And demanding quality from something you paid for isn't entitlement. It's common f***ing sense, m8.

images

Huh? Mods aren't free? Since when, lol? Do you even understand what a mod is?
You obviously read the sentence, but it went right back out. Coding, modelling, sound design is not something you just zap in existence, the price of mods is modders free time they could use on other things. If you think mods are easy to make, go on and make on.
I was referring to the mod he was talking about updating, not the game.

And demanding quality from something you paid for isn't entitlement. It's common f***ing sense, m8.
Yes, a game you paid not full AAA price, that has 87% positive reviews is completely ruined because of your lack of understanding of the fact mount and blade relies on slow progress to build up it's game.

I wish i could turn into level 50 as soon as i picked my character. Obviously this is not happening but i am smart enough to know that it would ruin the game flow as how the devs intended it. Thus why mods exist.

Feels to me you just came here to vent and didn't even bother to reading OP

Last edited:
You obviously read the sentence, but it went right back out. Coding, modelling, sound design is not something you just zap in existence, the price of mods is modders free time they could use on other things. If you think mods are easy to make, go on and make on.
I never said mods are easy to make, but they are free, as they must be.

Yes, a game you paid not full AAA price
Irrelevant. It's the price devs chose. If people paid it, people have every right to demand quality. (And btw, this game DOES have a AAA price, even though it's not even fully released... KEK)

[...] fact mount and blade relies on slow progress to build up it's game.
I wish i could turn into level 50 as soon as i picked my character [...] but [...] it would ruin the game flow as how the devs intended it.
Does this imply, that there's not much to do once you reach higher levels? That sounds like bad game design.

Understandable complaint. I typically load my game up with mods because the existing stuff is too slow or jank. I can help with this. Check out these mods on Nexus:

1) Kaoses' Tweaks Updated - someone updated it, a legend.
2) Founta's Tweaks - dunno how good it is
3) The 'True' gameplay mods - all of the mods from this guy, really. They're meant to go together. Also, the complete overhaul he's working on is looking promising.
4) Optionally, above, the "True Arena Experience" if you want a simple mod that simply gives 100% experience in tournaments, arenas and simulated battles and nothing else.

Personally wish someone would update Kaoses' parties sizes, even if it's just one more time, I want an MCM menu for modifying party templates so bad.

I never said mods are easy to make, but they are free, as they must be.
That's my point when i said they are not free to make. They take modders time which is not easy to come by for most. Just like you implied you never said mods are easy to make, i never said mods are to be paid with money.
Irrelevant. It's the price devs chose. If people paid it, people have every right to demand quality. (And btw, this game DOES have a AAA price, even though it's not even fully released... KEK)
40€ is not AAA priced. 60€ is, which is the full price for a videogame. People have the right to ask for changes, they are not entitled to it, which a lot of people here seem to be.

Does this imply, that there's not much to do once you reach higher levels? That sounds like bad game design.
You could say the same about warband. Mount and blade has always peaked at low-mid game in a campaign. After that it's very grindy, unless you're using mods which usually have some kind of events. Once you reach high level it usually means you're on your way to conquer the whole map which to me doesn't sound that there isn't much to do

You couldnt find a mod that changed XP rate? This is literally the one thing that gets updated with every single patch.

I agree that progression is glacial. I always use these mods. But seriously, the mod you wanted is literally on the nexus home page as a hot mod.

Are you ****ing kidding me? What kind of glue are you sniffing?

There are over a MILLION downloads of that mod.

For an Early Access game.

Get off your smoothbrain high-horse. This isn't just me. It's a substantial fraction of the entire player base.
The point still stands that the developers dont have to cater to your needs. You are complaining that a mod isn't working, a mod which they didn't make. Indirectly you are saying that the developers should make these mods work at all times. If anything, you should be glad that they even announced that mods will most likely not function properly with each version of the game. They did not have to announce that to the playerbase. Just because 1 million people downloaded the mod doesn't mean that they actually made proper use of it, or even liked it for that matter. Is it hard for you to believe that there are players who want a slower game experience? Not everyone wants the ability to conquer the map in a day, or get to a high skill level in a day. For me personally the game feels too easy, but I'm not going to cry about it on a forum because I know that there are a lot of players who find the game quite difficult.

THANK YOU!!!! :love:
The point still stands that the developers dont have to cater to your needs. You are complaining that a mod isn't working, a mod which they didn't make. Indirectly you are saying that the developers should make these mods work at all times. If anything, you should be glad that they even announced that mods will most likely not function properly with each version of the game. They did not have to announce that to the playerbase. Just because 1 million people downloaded the mod doesn't mean that they actually made proper use of it, or even liked it for that matter. Is it hard for you to believe that there are players who want a slower game experience? Not everyone wants the ability to conquer the map in a day, or get to a high skill level in a day. For me personally the game feels too easy, but I'm not going to cry about it on a forum because I know that there are a lot of players who find the game quite difficult.
I'm complaining because the devs made a **** game that is so spectacularly **** that it needs mods that allow tweaking nearly all the major gameplay variables in order to be made fun. And then the devs communicated so poorly with their most loyal fans that modders have been dropping like flies over the course of development.

You apparently like a SP game with MMO-level grind. Most people don't.

Some people like jamming 6-inch steel nails into their gonads. Most people don't and would be very understandably upset if they paid for one thing but got that instead.
You could say the same about warband. Mount and blade has always peaked at low-mid game in a campaign. After that it's very grindy, unless you're using mods which usually have some kind of events. Once you reach high level it usually means you're on your way to conquer the whole map which to me doesn't sound that there isn't much to do
Don't even. The grind in BL is much MUCH worse than it was even in unmodded WB. You also didn't start the game with an absolute maximum of like 30pts in any skill.

And I *definitely* don't remember grinding looters for 10 hours just to level to a barely-decent combat level. That's not fun. That's grind.

And that's just the combat skills. You could successfully capture every town and castle on the map without leveling Engineering into triple-digits. You need to kill a MILLION peasants to level Roguery to 275.

Are you even playing on Realistic??? Or are you one of those stoner types who likes to get buried in a pile of digital bodies with little effort while you fantasize about killing your entire high school class?
But seriously, the mod you wanted is literally on the nexus home page as a hot mod.
It wasn't when I updated all my mods before playing and then writing the OP. I don't have a time machine bro.

Last edited:
I agree the people the were shilling 1.7.0 were either high on copium or play only 100 vs 100 battles, because big battles that require reinforcements are pretty much broken in 1.7.0.

Devs expect exactly zero agency from player. If you have big army that will have reinforcements, those reinforcements will spawn in same place (or slightly behind) the default spawning position during the deployment phase. So if you decide to change your position in the middle of the fight or during deployment reinforcements will still teleport into the default position, meaning into middle of enemy army or behind it. So 100% immersion break and no tactic possible with larger armies pretty much. Also on some maps you get spawned 130 metres away from enemies, so if you want to use ranged units to their full extent you probably have to relocate which will ruin your experience once reinforcements arrive.

Half the big battles feel like Protoss civil war.

Yes, a game you paid not full AAA price, that has 87% positive reviews is completely ruined because of your lack of understanding of the fact mount and blade relies on slow progress to build up it's game.
Have you tried a different playstyle? As a merchant, perhaps? I don't know, I am just wondering, because what you say makes sense. But I do understand what Boner is saying. Is it possible, in your opinion, to play this game in a way that does not need military grinding? I am just curious.

Have you tried a different playstyle? As a merchant, perhaps? I don't know, I am just wondering, because what you say makes sense. Is it possible, in your opinion, to play this game in a way that does not need military grinding? I am just curious.
The end goal of the game is to conquer the map, you can always not do that and become insanely rich or something else.

But the fact is that the game is designed around you conquering and participating in the game's politics and military. It is a sandbox game in the end but despite the name many sandboxes do encourage you to focus on the main "way" the game is supposed to be played.

Half the big battles feel like Protoss civil war.
LOOOOOL

I'd seen this happen a couple times - reinforcements teleporting into the middle of a battle - in earlier versions and made the same mental connection. If that's happening constantly... well that's... er... "special".

Hey, while you're here, do you mind if I ask you if RBM or maybe DRM mod (which I know isn't you) is to blame for 70-damage headshots to looters with the starting bow not killing them? Or is that a recurring vanilla problem that I repressed as a traumatic memory?
Have you tried a different playstyle? As a merchant, perhaps? I don't know, I am just wondering, because what you say makes sense. But I do understand what Boner is saying. Is it possible, in your opinion, to play this game in a way that does not need military grinding? I am just curious.
I actually have played as a merchant and... well.. it's kinda boring because there clearly isn't a real gameplay loop for it.

At a certain point, you make enough money to literally buy a couple fiefs and there's simply no more point to continuing the merchant empire gig when you can build an actual empire. I then tried to get the persuasion mechanic to work by systematically buying the allegiance of key clans who I'd spent the whole game ingratiating myself to with lame noble quests etc....

And the game just broke down at that point because the persuasion mechanic simply isn't well-thought-out. The end condition for the game always has and always will be total conquest of the entire map.

And even that gets boring because, at the end of the day, it's all just numbers with no soul. Years later, I still resent Alayen and love Ymira from Warband because they had personality that was noticeable in-game.... but every character in BL may as well be a spreadsheet with a face.

The end goal of the game is to conquer the map, you can always not do that and become insanely rich or something else.

But the fact is that the game is designed around you conquering and participating in the game's politics and military. It is a sandbox game in the end but despite the name many sandboxes do encourage you to focus on the main "way" the game is supposed to be played.
Which isn't a proper sandbox game, feels more scripted then freestyle. That's like the story mode, its fixed.

LOOOOOL

I'd seen this happen a couple times - reinforcements teleporting into the middle of a battle - in earlier versions and made the same mental connection. If that's happening constantly... well that's... er... "special".

Hey, while you're here, do you mind if I ask you if RBM or maybe DRM mod (which I know isn't you) is to blame for 70-damage headshots to looters with the starting bow not killing them? Or is that a recurring vanilla problem that I repressed as a traumatic memory?

I actually have played as a merchant and... well.. it's kinda boring because there clearly isn't a real gameplay loop for it.

At a certain point, you make enough money to literally buy a couple fiefs and there's simply no more point to continuing the merchant empire gig when you can build an actual empire. I then tried to get the persuasion mechanic to work by systematically buying the allegiance of key clans who I'd spent the whole game ingratiating myself to with lame noble quests etc....

And the game just broke down at that point because the persuasion mechanic simply isn't well-thought-out. The end condition for the game always has and always will be total conquest of the entire map.

And even that gets boring because, at the end of the day, it's all just numbers with no soul. Years later, I still resent Alayen and love Ymira from Warband because they had personality that was noticeable in-game.... but every character in BL may as well be a spreadsheet with a face.
I miss those heroes, heroes with souls but not used as tools ?

OK so I have a somewhat embarrassing admission:

I did not actually play 1.7 like I thought I did. I was playing 1.6.5, which was indeed dog balls terrible.

1.7.0 is not half bad so far, though I still haven't finished the tutorial. I didn't even have to use the global XP tweak to not hate myself. It only took me twice as many hours to get my mods to work as I've spent playing it.

But it looks like the devs are even worse than I thought: arena XP is set to 6%.

SIX PERCENT!!! And I thought they were bad when they set it at 15%!

There is no excuse for that. The entire point of an arena is to be a training ground. And there's no justification for making the player fight nearly 20 times as much for the same XP just because it's more convenient than battling it outside. It's also not remotely as lucrative as battle in the field. They could even balance it by allowing some persistent damage OR making time skip ahead for each fight so it can't be spammed forever (though I hate to put even more terrible torture ideas in their heads).

Some of the Bannerlord design choices can only be explained by the devs purposely trying to make the game as grindy as possible, even if it goes AGAINST realism. To me, it says that they're not confident enough in their product to let the game stand on its own, so they make it a torture machine so players who put up with it feel like they're accomplishing something.

OK so I have a somewhat embarrassing admission:

I did not actually play 1.7 like I thought I did. I was playing 1.6.5, which was indeed dog balls terrible.

1.7.0 is not half bad so far, though I still haven't finished the tutorial. I didn't even have to use the global XP tweak to not hate myself. It only took me twice as many hours to get my mods to work as I've spent playing it.

But it looks like the devs are even worse than I thought: arena XP is set to 6%.

SIX PERCENT!!! And I thought they were bad when they set it at 15%!

There is no excuse for that. The entire point of an arena is to be a training ground. And there's no justification for making the player fight nearly 20 times as much for the same XP just because it's more convenient than battling it outside. It's also not remotely as lucrative as battle in the field. They could even balance it by allowing some persistent damage OR making time skip ahead for each fight so it can't be spammed forever (though I hate to put even more terrible torture ideas in their heads).

Some of the Bannerlord design choices can only be explained by the devs purposely trying to make the game as grindy as possible, even if it goes AGAINST realism. To me, it says that they're not confident enough in their product to let the game stand on its own, so they make it a torture machine so players who put up with it feel like they're accomplishing something.
Mr Boner, just shoot some looters, do some quests, game's easy peasy, just take it easy. The hardest pitfall is honestly upgrading troops to much tooo soon and having to high of a daily bill.

I mean, use whatever cheats and mods you want. Go crazy.

Mr Boner, just shoot some looters, do some quests, game's easy peasy, just take it easy. The hardest pitfall is honestly upgrading troops to much tooo soon and having to high of a daily bill.

I mean, use whatever cheats and mods you want. Go crazy.
Yeah I'm going to experiment with 100% arena/tourno XP and 3x xp for Leadership, Engineering, Medicine, Roguery, Tactics.

I used to play with that and a global 2x xp modifier. It seems like the devs followed my lead and either doubled or tripled global XP. If so, an additional 3x for those pesky impossible noncombat skills should do the trick nicely.

One thing I noticed that was incredibly bizarre is that vanilla xp for Castle Training Grounds is 1/2/3 but for Town Training Grounds it's 30/60/100.

Does that mean that one is 30x more xp than the other? Or are town TG's still on the per-stack rather than per-unit system? If so, that means they even out at stacks of 30 which is... wild to say the least.

My benchmark for tweaking troop XP was thinking a very competent commander should be able to train fresh recruits to a basic level (march in formation, hold a shield --> Tier 2) in about 2 weeks. That means 300 xp or 21xp/day.

So I generally enable the "Leadership gives xp/day" set at 10%, so 200 Leadership means 20xp/day - on top of whatever perks there are (which keep annoyingly ****ing changing).

Back
Top Bottom