Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2021-12-11_09.39.52_d4b83d84aeaff55937fa24804aa1368e

High Solar

Veteran
Summary: I get a crash when i try to defend Poros against the Western Empire. Defenders around 500 vs attacker 1200. This is from a new game on the current version. I also tried to defend a castle against the WE but it also crashed with half the defenders and attackers. Tried changing graphics and battle size but to no avail. So far only sieges are the problem, normal battles are fine on 800 units. I just updated my GPU drivers with 497.09 - Latest version as of 11.12.2021, and it still crashes.

How to Reproduce: Try to play a siege battle on campaign, i uploaded the crash report:
2021-12-11_09.39.52_d4b83d84aeaff55937fa24804aa1368e

Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related): Poros

Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia 1050Ti
GPU Driver Version:
CPU: Intel i7-7700HQ
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD 1TB

After a bit of campaigning we (SE) attacked Poros after it was captured by WE. So as an attacker there was no crash and we finished capturing the city. We had 1 siege tower and 1 battering ram enemy defender had like 2 ballista. IDK whats the problem when defending, crashes could be a problem with the catapults maybe, or something else.

I can now confirm the game crashes only on defensive sieges. If i attack a city or a castle no problem. If i then defend the captured city or castle the game crashes. Doesn't matter what city or castle i defend, it only happens on defensive sieges. No problem on custom games only campaign.

Same exact issue. I first encountered it on a modded playthrough.
I crash when defending Mecalovea Castle.
Once they finish setting up sieges and I click attack. Game loads, but then boom crash.
I've tested this on non modded, it happens on every siege.

I read somewhere that someone had a similar issue in the past in version 1.6.4 I think. What he did is unninstalled and reinstalled. He said it could be an issue with steam not validating.

Just before leaving work today, a defensive siege worked. I was defending Lycaron from WE with only ballistas on the walls. I didn't have time to play the siege or test more but the game didn't crash. I'm starting to think it might be something to do with catapults on the walls or some unit type division.

Same issue happens to me I can't load into any defensive sieges, I've tried the same siege multiple times and at least 3 different sieges and it always crashes at the load screen. Attacking is fine.

Can confirm it works. But game crashed when i went to help a besieged castle. I attacked the sieging army of Onica castle, clicked help Onica castle and game crashed.
2021-12-16_18.54.38_d4b83d84aeaff55937fa24804aa1368e

Back
Top Bottom