Where's this "hope" stuff coming from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Well considering that this is the first patch since launch that hasn't been a disappointment for the majority of the forum
@Horked Your "for me" correction was incorrect. I hadn't tried it. I did after posting this, and it was a disappointment for me because everyone maintaining Tweaks mods apparently gave up on keeping them up to date and there is no replacement.

Please stop this tiresomely-ridiculous hair-splitting about how it's unfair to characterize EA development as "disappointing" because only 70-90% of the forum feels that way... or because we're supposedly dwarfed by a multitude of happy players on Steam or Reddit who have little to no insight into this dev process and a handful of hours of playtime...

The forum has been increasingly negative since launch. This is obvious. Stop pretending it isn't.

If you want to say things grounded in reality, you can say that this particular patch seems to have calmed many of the savagest beasts here.

The forum has been increasingly negative since launch. This is obvious. Stop pretending it isn't.
If everyone who was pleased with the game and updates voiced their opinion on forums, Im sure their voice would be the greatest, like I said, its the nature of humans.

I think that gamers in 2021 is a bunch of entitled cry babies, but then Im also a grumpy semi old fart

If everyone who was pleased with the game and updates voiced their opinion on forums, Im sure their voice would be the greatest, like I said, its the nature of humans.

I think that gamers in 2021 is a bunch of entitled cry babies, but then Im also a grumpy semi old fart
Except there have been countless polls and each one in the past year has pegged the negativity between 70-90%.

Also bruh I'm old enough to remember when games used to have launch dates and also be mostly-functional at launch. I also remember when companies that promised the moon and didn't deliver got rightly eviscerated by gamers.

Between a product that was clearly not beta-tested at all at EA launch and the list of missing features from WB/VC that devs readily admit were never going to make it into final release despite years of promises in marketing... Bannerlord is the Daikatana of M&B.

If you don't see that, then that's a function of your lowered standards rather than the "entitled" nature of the majority of hardcore fans.

Except there have been countless polls and each one in the past year has pegged the negativity between 70-90%.
You're proving that the forum is an outlier in terms of negativity, and not the norm.

"See? See? Everybody hates the game, and no one likes it. Well, except for the majority of Steam reviews, except those people don't matter. They're reviews are stupid, and aren't essays. What do you mean that's basically every game on Steam? No, this shows that they don't care, and the only people who care is us enlightened few on the forums."

You genuinely don't sound like someone who wants the game to fix itself. You sound like someone who just wants the game to fail, and revel in it.

Also this argument has literally been done to death, and Orion already made a pretty definite post about it.

You genuinely don't sound like someone who wants the game to fix itself.
That's because you're not listening.

And I've yet to see you expend anything beyond token effort to improve the game. Your only motivation since you joined seems to have been shutting up people who have genuine complaints by boring them to death with relentless attacks on their character or values or perceptions.

I literally started this post to ask the most negative people on the forum for detailed positive feedback and was happy to receive it as well as celebrate TW for prompting this rare display of enthusiasm.

What are you even smoking right now? Do you WANT people like me to give up on the game again?

Your only motivation since you joined seems to have been shutting up people who have genuine complaints
Except I've genuinely agreed with a lot of criticism. Talking about how the game clearly isn't liked by a good amount of people isn't good criticism.
boring them to death with relentless attacks on their character or values or perceptions.
I've genuinely never tried to do this.
I literally started this post to ask the most negative people on the forum for detailed positive feedback and was happy to receive it as well as celebrate TW for prompting this rare display of enthusiasm.
I also responded with why the update was well liked. The Order of Battle system and Terrain System were both added, as well as sieges working after not doing so for a long while.

And your post really did not come off as just wanting to see if the game was good. And, if you really wanted to see, you could have read the patch notes for yourself.

Bruh this is getting to be too much. Your behavior is more than a little past borderline harassment.

This was a whitepill post. A playful, hopeful whitepill post.

And all I said was that the mood on the forum used to be negative for a long time. Which is an obvious fact. There is no argument with that.

You are are trying to debate the rising and setting of the sun, instead of joining me in being just a smidge happy that it's rising right now.

Regardless of your intent, you are actively reminding me of reasons to hate this game and community. Giving me more reasons to leave and warn every gamer I know to avoid this franchise like the plague.

There's another game I'm playing in EA right now. Much smaller fries. I play every few months and compile a list of bug reports, then test the contours of my bugs to determine where the issues are coming from. Did that on Tuesday night and the head dev - who has personally thanked me every time I've done this - patched the bugs I reported by yesterday afternoon. The game is barely functional but - you know what - being helpful to the process makes me HAPPY.

I'm not expecting that from TW. But you cannot expect normal people to continue supporting your hobby if you constantly flame them when they make complaints until they leave in frustration.

But you cannot expect normal people to continue supporting your hobby if you constantly flame them when they make complaints until they leave in frustration.
I've never flamed someone for having a genuine criticism of this game, and don't say that I have, if you wouldn't mind.

I've never flamed someone for having a genuine criticism of this game, and don't say that I have, if you wouldn't mind.
Yeah and have you ever shared any actual gameplay knowledge or helped anyone? All I see is you posting in these ?:poop: topics, repeating the same junk over and over. And I know how your marbles rub together so let me just say:
"I don't play this game much because I have X Y Z problems with it"~Okay. I'll entertain this kind of post.
"I play this game and don't understand anything about it because I' m a complete casual but I want to shush people who complain about it because I enjoy it and seeing it criticized gives me an inferiority complex "~No, I don't care, this is a junk post.

as well as sieges working after not doing so for a long while.
Oh does it has be working?
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/siege-battle-ai-pathing-isssue.448670/
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...quipment-out-of-reserves.448636/#post-9771114
^WTF is this then? You think me and @Flesson19 are making **** up? No were' playing the game, a lot, and if you did you'd know what works and what doesn't.

Last edited:
Yeah and have you ever shared any actual gameplay knowledge or helped anyone? All I see is you posting in these ?:poop: topics, repeating the same junk over and over.
I've literally never claimed I do anything else.

I don't have enough hours in this game to feel confident about posting responses to technical fixes, so I don't. I like to talk about the game, and when people post things I disagree with I'm going to say why I disagree. I've never tried to provide technical advice because I don't know enough about the super technical side of the game. Hell, not even gameplay advice because that's not really my thing. I like to play the game how I play it, and that isn't really the meta.

And casuals can talk about games that they like. There's literally nothing wrong with people who don't have thousands of hours in the game talking about things. If only the top 1% of the playerbase were able to talk, that would suck. It would suck in BL, just as it sucks in games like R6 Siege.

I literally started this post to ask the most negative people on the forum
45mlxi.png

It's like looking at the negative reviews on Steam first, when you try to figure out if there are any red flags with a game you are interested in.
Too many gamers sing uncritical praises, so you can't rely on fans to tell you the Truth. It's -people like us that keep the devs honest and the moderators busy!

Well considering that this is the first patch since launch that hasn't been a disappointment
It would've been a disappointment if I had expectations. Frankly, I don't see what you mean by this sort of reignition of hope. It gave us more than any previous updates have, but it's still not given much to celebrate about.
What has changed? What has the OoB system changed in the game's essence that made it more enjoyable? The core issues of battles which negated all enjoyment or reward to be had from strategizing haven't been addressed in the slightest. The core issues mean tactics don't matter for the most part, and I made this point in another post so I won't repeat myself. And those are besides perhaps the most glaring issue with battles outside of battles, is that they happen too bleeding often, while taking around ten minutes each, with little thought gone into any of it other than engage or disengage - All this thanks to TW's profound understanding of the casual brain.
Sieges are halfway playable now? Great. Can't wait to throw another army of peasants at another generic castle.
All this to say that, the "enhancements" made to the game being largely centered around battle gameplay, reinforces the notion that that's what TW thinks the game ought to revolve around. I can hardly celebrate even meaningful improvements to battles at this point, when from the start most of my complaints were that the game is too battle-heavy without any weight to those battles and little to do outside of them.
I've heard some call this update "going in the right direction", as has been made clear, the direction it seems to be going is where most of us were afraid it would go: Trivial improvements to the fast-paced action bits of the game, whilst not adding any depth to the game those battles should have been built around. I don't see that this is the right direction; I don't see that anyone who thinks this to be a right direction should be surprised.

What has changed? What has the OoB system changed in the game's essence that made it more enjoyable?
Battles are the core element of the game and I don´t have to waste time in each battle to setup my formation anymore. On some maps it wasn´t even possible because you start to close to the enemy (like 150-200m). This combined with more map variety = improvement.

And F6 doesn´t split up groups anymore, thanks god.

I´ve reached the mid game (2 towns, 3 castle which I don´t want but...) and playing as a vassal. All factions are still in the game and only the southern empire is pretty ****ed. I have no major issues yet with my actual playthrough and still fun.

Battles are the core element of the game
Certainly how it seems to be in the game, but not how it ought to be. Battles should be a core element, not the core.
This combined with more map variety = improvement.
While preferable to seeing the exact same environment every two battles, the impact of terrain in a battle map is marginal at most.
I´ve reached the mid game (2 towns, 3 castle which I don´t want but...) and playing as a vassal. All factions are still in the game and only the southern empire is pretty ****ed. I have no major issues yet with my actual playthrough and still fun.
So you're content with the state of the game? There's nothing to talk about then, I'm not going to tell you how you should instead be displeased and even outraged you payed ~50 quid for this low corrosive lump of fecal horror. Not because it's wrong, but because it'd be a waste of time.

I've literally never claimed I do anything else.

I don't have enough hours in this game to feel confident about posting responses to technical fixes, so I don't. I like to talk about the game, and when people post things I disagree with I'm going to say why I disagree. I've never tried to provide technical advice because I don't know enough about the super technical side of the game. Hell, not even gameplay advice because that's not really my thing. I like to play the game how I play it, and that isn't really the meta.

And casuals can talk about games that they like. There's literally nothing wrong with people who don't have thousands of hours in the game talking about things. If only the top 1% of the playerbase were able to talk, that would suck. It would suck in BL, just as it sucks in games like R6 Siege.
I might be wrong but I think Ananda was referring to the fact that stating what the patch notes says doesn't mean its fixed until it's tested. As sieges are not fixed, much better, but now pathing issues are a real problem. I am late to the conversation so excuse me if I am on the wrong topic but I think that is what was intended

I might be wrong but I think Ananda was referring to the fact that stating what the patch notes says doesn't mean its fixed until it's tested. As sieges are not fixed, much better, but now pathing issues are a real problem. I am late to the conversation so excuse me if I am on the wrong topic but I think that is what was intended
I was referring to the first part of Ananda’s post, not the second, which was ironically just trying to shush me.

Sieges aren’t entirely fixed, yes, but they are a lot closer then intended, with siege towers actually allowing units onto them. Of course, now they won’t enter the gate, but progress is progress.

Back
Top Bottom