Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

Users who are viewing this thread

I think this whole "TaleWorlds will only add this requested feature as DLC because they are greedy" discussion is completely unfounded. We saw 1 3D elephant model with the keyword DLC. We don't even know what it will release, could be 6 months after release for all we know. Some 3D modelers working on DLC assets when there is nothing to work on the base game is not a crime.

Has anyone else experienced a bug where lords from other clans in your faction become members of your party and you can't seem to get rid of them? I must have 7 Battanian lords in my party right now. I think they were prisoners and then my companion parties rescued them from the enemy to make them part of their parties. Even when I cancel my companion parties, the lords are then transferred to the MC because they're lords. I figured out that you can leave them at a keep so they don't take up space in your party, but that seems kind of game breaking that they no longer work for their clans, they just sit in my keep.

Last edited:
GoG has only the live versions of the game. 165 is the latest live version. Once Beta 170 moves to live, 170 will be accessible on GoG as well. We don't plan to make Beta 170 available on GoG.
Ah, thanks. Wasn't aware that all the version after 1.6.5 were still in beta.
I suppose that the answer to "when will 1.7 goes live" will be "when it's done", but do you have some rough idea how long it should take ?

I've been playing 1.7.0 some the past few days and I have to say I can see that things are moving the in the right direction. Optimization seems good and very little by way bugs- that I have noticed, that is.

As far areas for improvement: The new order of battle system is interesting but the placement box is so small that it really has very little impact on gameplay, IMHO. Lots of stuff from Warband I'd still like to see: Nice banners, feasts, courtship, etc. There are also a number of quests that I never do just because they're not a good value proposition.

You absolute legends, can't wait to try this patch out. Will be the first time I've installed the game since early this year, seems like it's worth playing now.

i want feasts alliance system and recruiting lords like warband as they join you in there on recruiting lords is so hard right now don't u agree guys?

recruiting lords is so hard right now don't u agree guys?
It's not hard, it's broken. In my old save, Vlandia was at the brink of extinction, having only one or two towns and no more than 3 castles. There were many super poor clans with no fiefs in it. I've stumbled upon a leader of such clan and persuaded her to join - but then she demanded more than a half of my money, lol.

@Duh_TaleWorlds I wonder if bad relationship affects the amount of money which is required for the clan leader to join another faction?

I wonder if bad relationship affects the amount of money which is required for the clan leader to join another faction?
It does! But I feel in recent versions they were more greedy even with good relations too, so I don't know, it needs some revisions for sure. Also it would go a long way to actually display what it is the clan leader is considering, like his relation with play/ruler, his finances, the power situation or "other". I speculate having more/too many clans makes it difficult or impossible to recruit clans too, if so this should be revised as I feel uniting all clans should be a viable goal to end the game, especially if clans will not "leave the realm" like in warband.

It's not hard, it's broken. In my old save, Vlandia was at the brink of extinction, having only one or two towns and no more than 3 castles. There were many super poor clans with no fiefs in it. I've stumbled upon a leader of such clan and persuaded her to join - but then she demanded more than a half of my money, lol.

@Duh_TaleWorlds I wonder if bad relationship affects the amount of money which is required for the clan leader to join another faction?
One thing to keep in mind is that if you are at peace with their faction, joining you will mean the loss of all their fiefs. Hence, it is going to be rather difficult to convince them as they take that loss into account. If you are at war, they get to keep their fiefs. Like Ananda said, relationship is a factor.

@Terco_Viejo what I'm seeing is hope?

1*C0wc8VFoF1jsjHNRUqje3g.gif
Sorry for the late reply, back from a trip.

I don't know if it's hope (you know what that path leads to :iamamoron: ), however they seem to be on the right track. That said, that path unfortunately won't devolve into what many of us thought it would... I mean... of course I like the OoB and it's an improvement upon PBOD but it still needs heavy polishing... and that to this day many folks find it surprising/wow that agents climb stairs or various maps where they see a particular location... boy, that's cool... but that doesn't wow me at this stage of the match.

There are still fundamental/basic problems that need attention NOW... damage/protection system, battle ai, the ****ing wild jitterning, cover diplomacy basics, etc...not even mentioning MP :roll: ... a hamster wasteland wheel.

---

By the way, does anyone have screenshots of these new armour pieces? Any kind soul who may share them, thanks in advance.

Very nice patch, here are some feedback and requests.

Ambience changes for taverns etc.
Ok, that's nice. But the problem is that it's more of the same "wax cabinet" style content where an animation or behaviour is repeated indefinitely on the same place. I still feel like I'm in a museum rather than a town/tavern/village and so forth. People should come and go in the tavern, the barmaid should actually go and get my drink and bring it, it should feel like people have lives that they live, things should be happening. I was hoping this type of stuff was a placeholder and that civilians would become more dynamic and interactive down the line, but when more in the same style is added it seems like it's gonna be the same just with more "dolls" added doing some more loops. It's a little disappointing.

Battle system
Like it a lot. Needs some quality of life improvements but very promising.

Requests
One thing I'd really like to be able to do is prioritise the groups by troop tier, so I can put elite units in one group and rookies of the same type in another. It would also be nice to be able to access it outside of battles to set up the formations and captains and save it whenever you like.
I really want to be able to tell my units which enemy unit to attack or fire at (or maybe already possible but I missed how?). Another nice thing would be the ability to tell your captains/formations what general approach they should use when I delegate command to them, like aggressive/defensive/skirmish/flank or something like that. Another small request is that infantry with bracable spears should brace for incoming cavalry even if not set to hold fire.

Sieges
Great fixes. Looking forward to further improvements here.

My biggest issue with sieges was actually not the dysfunctional towers but rather the weird AI behaviour where units look like they are magnetically pulled towards their destinations in a really strange way. Of course they should go to reinforce different positions but if a soldier gets close to enemies they should stop and fight back or help friends in combat before moving on. In regular battles if I attack an enemy on it's way to form up it will react individually and fight me in a way that feels pretty natural, you need to replicate that in sieges. Things just feel a bit too scripted and like soldiers don't stop to consider the situation around them at all.

Speaking of that, another issue that happens in both battles and sieges but more in sieges is the way soldiers behave when getting crowded, and this was the same in warband. It just breaks apart and doesn't look real anymore when they start wobbling and bouncing around like crazy. There needs to be a more believable interaction and behaviour between bodies that get crowded, and ideally they should try to make a bit more space for each other before rushing in rather than everyone looking like they don't even know the others are in the way.

I'm glad archery is being looked at a bit, high tier archers are still very overpowered compared to other elite units but yeah. I still feel like I need to use RBM or Drastic battle to make the balance, armours, encumbrance etc make sense.

Addressing the broken smithing economy and overpriced equipment is nice. The rest of the economy is still very much in need of work though, workshops, caravans, trading and fief economy still seem very weak compared to just fighting, selling loot and ransoming prisoners which doesn't make sense. Getting your first fief should be a paradigmatic shift in your clans economy, it should be the gateway to another level of warfare and involvement in the kingdom but it doesn't feel that way at all.

I don't know if it's hope (you know what that path leads to :iamamoron: ), however they seem to be on the right track.

There are still fundamental/basic problems that need attention NOW... damage/protection system, battle ai, the ****ing wild jitterning, cover diplomacy basics, etc...
Agreed, the patch was a big step forward in many areas IMO, but it's true these long running problems all still need attention (and hopefully will be easier to fix than siege pathfinding).
I'm interested in seeing if they will even mention troop jittering at all as the thread about it has been running for so long with no dev responses.
By the way, does anyone have screenshots of these new armour pieces? Any kind soul who may share them, thanks in advance.
Not a screenshot sorry (away from PC) but at 1:55 the new armors are showcased

is it only a fluke in my run as Aserai or is it happen to everyone ?
Every castle or town we conquer is offered to me
at the beginning i had 5 castles 1 town and they still offered me the new one
also
at some point in a long war against the empire the AI stopped creating armies , i think there was a few month without Aserai AI armies

is it only a fluke in my run as Aserai or is it happen to everyone ?
Every castle or town we conquer is offered to me
at the beginning i had 5 castles 1 town and they still offered me the new one
This has happened all the time. Since both their east and west borders are sort of choke points, you're always the clan to hold a fief closest to newly conquered one so you're considered a candidate if not the best. They stop considering you for anything after you eventually own half of what SE/Khuzaits or WE/Vlandia owned or you can always give it back to realm for electing a new owner.

Agreed, the patch was a big step forward in many areas IMO, but it's true these long running problems all still need attention (and hopefully will be easier to fix than siege pathfinding).
I'm interested in seeing if they will even mention troop jittering at all as the thread about it has been running for so long with no dev responses.

Not a screenshot sorry (away from PC) but at 1:55 the new armors are showcased

Oh thank you! Artem's channel is always entertaining as well as informative.
Edit: Oof more armour designs as thin as cigarette paper...again. :roll:

This has happened all the time. Since both their east and west borders are sort of choke points, you're always the clan to hold a fief closest to newly conquered one so you're considered a candidate if not the best. They stop considering you for anything after you eventually own half of what SE/Khuzaits or WE/Vlandia owned or you can always give it back to realm for electing a new owner.
yes and no
i mostly play Aserai and it was not that onesided before
sometimes i got Tumult and Lavenia and they did not offer me Danustica

and just half an hour ago i got a 33% 33% 33% offer of Garantor Castle which is on the other side of the map ...
i shouldnt even considered there

Hotfix 16/12/2021

Singleplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when bartering for safe passage. (Also in 1.6.5 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when bartering with bandits.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when calling all companions in the tavern.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when the player hovered over caravan animals and equipment with the cursor.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred due to player agent being removed from detachments at the beginning of the battle.

Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that caused the dialogue option that displays the next list of options to get stuck.
  • Fixed bug that caused the Preventive Medicine perk to work even when the player didn't enter a battle.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the Parade perk to work in other clans' settlements.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the party name/speed labels to overlap the party size labels for non-main party nameplates.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the escape menu buttons to not show up in some cases.
  • Fixed a bug that caused some items to disappear on drag & release in the launcher and barter.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the "Slow down while giving orders" not to revert back to normal speed in some cases.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the "CONTINUE" button on the launcher to not work properly if the initial video is missing.

Changes
  • Players can no longer grant a settlement that has a voting procedure in progress which can affect the ownership of the settlement.
  • Added the Character Portrait Competition winner faces to the game. You can see them wandering the lands of Calradia under the names of Ghuzid (Battle Hardened), Satros (Philosopher), Minarvina (Sidekick), and Tyliana (Machiavellian).
  • Clan members' location text now says "Governing at…" if the hero is governing a settlement.
  • Added the missing charm perk icons.

Multiplayer​

Changes
  • Balance changes from e1.6.5 have also been applied to e1.7.0.

Modding​

• Made map screen's VisualsOfEntities public which should extend the moddability of party visuals.
  • Removed the error for invalid XMLs which was causing crashes.

Back
Top Bottom