[1.7.0] Some features of the Order of Battle should be added to the transfer order (F3 + F5)

Users who are viewing this thread

In addition to the Order of Battle that we have at the beginning of a battle, it would be nice to have the same filter option during the battle with the transfer troops order (F3 + F5).
Let me give you some examples:

Example 1:
In the 1.7.0 we know how much ammo our archers have left (white line at the bottom of the formations cards), and we also know how many of them are out of ammo.
Here, on my 2nd group, we can see that the game tells me that I have 23 infantry in my archer formation. I didn't put any infantry in this formation. Those are all the crossbowmans that ran out of bolts (crossbowmans have 20 bots) before the archers do (archers have 32 arrows or at lease more arrows then the crossbowmans). I circled some of them in red. Here they are standing without doing anything, I can't give a order only to them as I would give a order to the all formation.
In this case, it would be nice to be able to transfer all the range soldiers that have no ammo left to the infantry line. To do that, I imagine that we would use the same sliders and filters that we have at the begging of the battle through the Order of Battle, but this time in the transfer troops order (F3 + F5).
27WBo.jpg

Example 2:
Here I'm creating 2 infantry groups from my group of shields and pikemans. I will use the pikemans (Group V) to attack the enemy cav and the shields (Group I) to defend my archers from the enemy infantry. If I manage to kill all the enemy cavalry before the infantry fight begins, I would like to be able to merge my group of shields and pikemans into one for the fight that's coming.

1CNEO.jpg
cPu89.jpg

Currently, we can't do that as the new transfer of troops is not working.
Also, I think that we should be able to do those type of troop transfers even once the battle has started. I should be able to have one group of infantry at the start of the battle to charge the enemy infantry and then, if I want to, I should be able to split my shields from my pikemans and order the pikemans to attack the enemy cav. (For those who don't know, it's possible to target an enemy formation with the F1 +F4 order instead of using F1 + F3 which makes every single unit attack the closet enemy)

Old / New
HQFay.png
ygBTU.jpg

Last edited:
I changed the way I'm uploading the images, is it working now ?
Yes it works well now.

I agree, I played a battle yesterday. I had the vlandians and 30% of my troops were crossbowmen. Due to position, some crossbowmen were not able to fire freely, resulting in a disparity in the ammo consumption. So some had no ammo left and were just waiting, doing nothing. I was facing the Khuzait and they had many archers and guess what, they have 2x more ammo (2 quivers on them), I got literally destroyed because of that.

So yes, we should be able to reassign some troops into different groups.

In addition to the Order of Battle that we have at the beginning of a battle, it would be nice to have the same filter option during the battle with the transfer troops order (F3 + F5).

Also, I think that we should be able to do those type of troop transfers even once the battle has started. I should be able to have one group of infantry at the start of the battle to charge the enemy infantry and then, if I want to, I should be able to split my shields from my pikemans and order the pikemans to attack the enemy cav. (For those who don't know, it's possible to target an enemy formation with the F1 +F4 order instead of using F1 + F3 which makes every single unit attack the closet enemy)
Absolutely agree, it's a fundamental part of the OOB system. I think it might just be a matter of time, it's probably common sense that it should work that way. I would still repost this under the suggestion subforum if I were you, just to be sure :smile:

Let me give you some examples:

Example 1:
In the 1.7.0 we know how much ammo our archers have left (white line at the bottom of the formations cards), and we also know how many of them are out of ammo.
Here, on my 2nd group, we can see that the game tells me that I have 23 infantry in my archer formation. I didn't put any infantry in this formation. Those are all the crossbowmans that ran out of bolts (crossbowmans have 20 bots) before the archers do (archers have 32 arrows or at lease more arrows then the crossbowmans). I circled some of them in red. Here they are standing without doing anything, I can't give a order only to them as I would give a order to the all formation.
In this case, it would be nice to be able to transfer all the range soldiers that have no ammo left to the infantry line. To do that, I imagine that we would use the same sliders and filters that we have at the begging of the battle through the Order of Battle, but this time in the transfer troops order (F3 + F5).
27WBo.jpg

Example 2:
Here I'm creating 2 infantry groups from my group of shields and pikemans. I will use the pikemans (Group V) to attack the enemy cav and the shields (Group I) to defend my archers from the enemy infantry. If I manage to kill all the enemy cavalry before the infantry fight begins, I would like to be able to merge my group of shields and pikemans into one for the fight that's coming.

1CNEO.jpg
cPu89.jpg

Old / New
HQFay.png
ygBTU.jpg
@MRay some good suggestions here...

Absolutely agree, it's a fundamental part of the OOB system. I think it might just be a matter of time, it's probably common sense that it should work that way. I would still repost this under the suggestion subforum if I were you, just to be sure :smile:
Oh you are right, I'm in the wrong forum section... I will post a thread with a link to this one in the suggestion subforum ?

Back
Top Bottom