Reduce the noble line troops

Do you want TW to make it harder to find the elite troops? (fians,cataphracts)

• Yes

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 21 58.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Grinding, recruiting from prisoners or, even worse, silly mechanisms like converting bandits...

Nahh, new good, old bad.

You missed the point of my message it seems.
I'm not saying the old one was perfect, but I guess it still needs some fine-tuning somehow.

People complained, rightfully, about that grind.

Yes but there isn't a binary solution to cater this problem, as you can guess from my message.

Maybe they could add a slider or something before you start a new game so you can choose yourself how many noble troops should be available.

I´m personally liking it as it is right now. But please don´t restrict it for everyone without an option.

Yeah this is the perfect solution to me, generally the more choices you give to the players, the better the game experience is. So everyone can fine-tune their experience as they please.

You missed the point of my message it seems.
I'm not saying the old one was perfect, but I guess it still needs some fine-tuning somehow.
I dont think I did, it is just a case of differences of opinion.

I approve of how the new system moves the process of recruiting from one involving prisoner conversion to a simpler one of just recruiting/force recruiting (the journey).

And I have no major issue with the general availability of elites on the grounds that it is likely to make it less painful to work with melee (heavy cav) centric armies.

I hear both of you, personally I welcome the change but still think some values need to be reevaluated, 5 hours into 1.7.0 and I'm able to levy an entire battalion of Cataphracts, doesn't fit right to me. Given I have the finance, the game is still offering that possibility, by a large margin.
I kind of liked the fact that Elites where some sort of rare trophies, even if the grinding was boring.

I definitely agree, elites should be a reward, something worked for and a difference on the battlefield and special. Right now everyone just immediately starts with the best cause they are everywhere! So boring ?

I don't know, I think at least for Khuziats they get pretty skimpy after the first few years of the game. On a trip to stock up on HA recruits I found far less nobles and had to take mostly normal recruits. Of course with forced recruitment I could snag a few more, but I wasn't doing that. You could also take the train troops quest and keep the troops to get a few more too, but I don't think there was really too many, collecting about 150 troops, only about 25% were nobles.

Back
Top Bottom