Development will probably go on after the full release.

Users who are viewing this thread

epil

Recruit
There is no reason for Taleworlds to stop developing / adding new contents and features to Bannerlord as free updates or DLC's after the full release, unless they plan to stay their 100~ developers idle or move to another new IP. I think both of these cases are implausible, Bannerlord is their most successful IP and they have no reason to go for Mount Blade 3 or another uncharted IP after the release. I think they will go Paradox style and keep adding contents to the game.

I speculate that they have already some plans regarding contents that will be added after the release (like elephant DLC) but at the moment they're fully focused on delivering stable base game experience to fulfill their initial promises. Therefore I speculate that full release will happen within 6~ months with the fulfillment of roadmap published in August, but full release will not mean the end of development phase.

Of course there is no promises regarding that issue from the devs but they're instructed to not to promise anything since they are already under the burden of fully delivering initial promises. So obviously, they don't like making more promises. We will see whether my speculation regarding 'development will go as usual after the release' is true after the release.

They would be really stupid to not work on DLCs, they have sold millions of copies of the game and will sell even more with the final release. So DLC means even more $$$.

And why is everyone so obsessed with elephants? Reminds me of Cersei Lannister.

They already said they will continue supporting banner lord for years after full release
"supporting" is a narrow statement. Most of the big branch games are supported by developer companies throughout years, but that does not mean they get new contents. My specific claim is that, Taleworlds will continue developing (adding new contents/features etc.) to Bannerlord after the full release. For example after release of Warband, they kept supporting it but they moved on to developing Bannerlord, but now it seems that Bannerlord will remain as their main IP for years to come so they will keep developing it.

They would be really stupid to not work on DLCs, they have sold millions of copies of the game and will sell even more with the final release. So DLC means even more $$$.

And why is everyone so obsessed with elephants? Reminds me of Cersei Lannister.
every company that doesn't support a franchise that has many players are loosing opportunity, I believe they only going drop dev on Bannerlord when they move on for the next title of the franchise, and who knows when that going be

I believe they'd benefit a lot in make partnerships to other studios as well or open minor (branches) studios for TW

They half-arsed a game, charged top dollar and made a ****ing fortune out of it. Very few game development studios have resisted going the way of "milking" after this happened, I've no reason to believe TW will be able to, as there's clearly no passion that drives them.
They sure as anything will make DLC's, remains to be seen if they'll try to sell us what should already have been in vanilla though, aka "milking", aka "Paradox Interactive model", aka "ambiguous enough scamming-business practice".
But hopefully it's still too early to talk of full release.
every company that doesn't support a franchise that has many players are loosing opportunity,
What has TW done that you put them beyond losing an opportunity? Lost opportunity is the national hymn of Mount and Blade forums.
And why is everyone so obsessed with elephants?
**** do I know. People who request elephants and voice acting in this game are more alien to me than algae is.
They already said they will continue supporting banner lord for years after full release
If the last two years has been them actively engaging with the community and working intensively to improve the game then I don't even want to imagine how their "support" would look like. It honestly feels like only 20 people are working on the game anyhow.

They half-arsed a game, charged top dollar and made a ****ing fortune out of it. Very few game development studios have resisted going the way of "milking" after this happened, I've no reason to believe TW will be able to, as there's clearly no passion that drives them.
They sure as anything will make DLC's, remains to be seen if they'll try to sell us what should already have been in vanilla though, aka "milking", aka "Paradox Interactive model", aka "ambiguous enough scamming-business practice".
But hopefully it's still too early to talk of full release.

What has TW done that you put them beyond losing an opportunity? Lost opportunity is the national hymn of Mount and Blade forums.
**** do I know. People who request elephants and voice acting in this game are more alien to me than algae is.

If the last two years has been them actively engaging with the community and working intensively to improve the game then I don't even want to imagine how their "support" would look like. It honestly feels like only 20 people are working on the game anyhow.
Bro, have anice weekend and take a chill... It's just a game at the end of the day, eventually will stop playing because real life will take hold...
Besides if you want improve talks about the game and I suggest you start being the minimal polite to people and have minimal respect for ppl works
Have nice weekend and holidays, take time out with real peopl will do you good

They have to add more than elephants to made us bought the DLCs, a new era, a new continent or something like that.

What is the point of this thread anyway? Sure, they will continue. Some patches will be here and there. There will be definitely DLCs. But would that mean they will overhaul their diplomacy feature which has no diplomacy at all? No. Would that mean their soulless npcs will start to act like human? No.

I will only buy a DLC of BL if the mod I want to play requires it.

I will only buy a DLC of BL if the mod I want to play requires it.

Thats if the modding community actually comes back when they fully release the game i feel like if the game is still as bland as it is now at launch not many people will come back to play the game never mind creating there own content for it

Boy, its a real damn shame that this didn't fully release on time because I am certain this would have been the next damn SKYRIM!!! And I am certain it would have topped Skyrim in sales and other records. They kind of blew it.

What is the point of this thread anyway?
Because as I observe, significant portion of players in this forum thinks that end of Early Access phase is pretty much end of development for Bannerlord. So fanbase is unsure about whether game will be finalized with very little content. I argued in OP that end of Early Access is probably just a symbolic phase for Bannerlord, development will go as usual after the release. Contents which are suggested by fanbase but not added to game in full release could be added after the release.
Sure, they will continue. Some patches will be here and there. There will be definitely DLCs. But would that mean they will overhaul their diplomacy feature which has no diplomacy at all?
You don't know that. We currently know pre-release plans but we don't know what are they planning to add or change post-release.

Because as I observe, significant portion of players in this forum thinks that end of Early Access phase is pretty much end of development for Bannerlord.
It´s more about getting more major features for free after the release, which I don´t think will happen (for free).

It´s more about getting more major features for free after the release, which I don´t think will happen (for free).
I think they will add contents which are demanded by fanbase for a long time (like feasts, diplomacy, in depth quests & dialogues etc.) for free after the release, but I also think they're going to charge money for bigger DLC's, which wouldn't bother me slightest if content of the DLC is worth it.

BRO THE GAME ISN'T EVEN FINISHED YET WHY ARE YOU ALL OBSESSED WITH DLCs

I have been enjoying the heck out of 1.7.0, no crashes, very few bugs, insane siege battles. It's all good but I would say the game needs at least 1 more year of development (scenes + dialogue options + more variety in NPCs+ fixing bugs).

Man I sure would totally pay a full £60 for an elephant dlc and much more on top of all the things taleworlds has delivered on and the game isn't even finished isn't this amazing guys guys isn't this amazing :meh:

Because gamurrrs have been conditioned to believe that once a game passes an arbitrary release date, it will be on the verge of bankruptcy unless it sells broken piecemeal game fragments for £20 a pop.
But ELEPHANTS!!!!!!

yLcQKrg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom