Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Wow, 1.7 drops on a Friday, didn't see that coming. Very surprised, but happy. (and conflicted because Chronicles of Myrtana drops today as well)

Other - Miscellaneous
  • Updated the kick poll rules. All teammates must now agree to kick the target player in Skirmish and Captain modes.
That's what happens when you have a company where devs won't touch their own game with a ten foot pole, lol. From now on, good luck kicking a griefer/teamkiller where you need "all teammates" to agree. You already needed 4 "FOUR" votes out of 6 "SIX" players including the culprit, if 4 out of 5 players votes to kick chances are the player in question deserves to be kicked. This type of BS is like you are trying to piss people off on purpose.

Patch looks mighty fine.
Will be very happy to stream this game for months to come and welcome new and returning players to this developing gem.

Also Twitch Wants To Say Chat:

Baggleboo: "I am from Buenas Aires and i say kill them all:"
Yiomu: "W E L C O M E."

Keep it up Dev Team.

UI
  • Added a new game option "Hide Battle UI" which disables the mission UI automatically for better immersion.
Hey ?:xf-smile:
As a content creator, I LOVE this feature! ?

However, there are 3 things that, I think, should be added to enhance it.

1: The most important thing to add to this feature is to let the player enable/disable it by pressing a key.
I'm already using the RTS camera mod to add/remove the UI from my gameplay when needed.
Here is a example:

I press a button on my mouse whenever I charge into battle to disable the UI and when I'm commanding my troops I press the same button to bring it back ?

2: When we remove the UI we still see the name of the troops in front of us at the bottom of the screen.
1ihMNdXh0gjsjZlgLpyRfDAjPyqUebgvS=w2560-h1440-iv1

3: Being able to show/remove the banners at the top of our troops with an other key would be awesome as it is very useful even when we have the UI removed. The thing is that there is nothing more immersion breaking than Banners on top of the troops.
AAWUweWwdMQcQ48fWsMCtfaoS2S0BEl9jJK3hhPzjwUE3fPhQxe6_QyYT5M-bqq3K2pDE08VMtZFb06XG5gIxwUU2uO92Lc11KyFrDtg0hf5kjcNN0u7UeFOoOAjtZPwU1uYxN5AZV5pkS0Dk_yCngXkn8t8k2mCJIuPoCiXurTfr0AxvmXMs77dWYrXXMgCjF6jULlI5r1wB4FiRbtfR--Rl_FLTc5gMhXI5_K5P2AcfxJA_GlUQMUvxfbCKfvnhCNGrVMSLLYyc1R7oMk01qq0M5Q4Rm1rcoHsR-Mw7S9RgnovR55KzsMZhgz-M9mWnwaHEs8jFw7oDRP9Hwrq7jLL813oo3oHLIAUdSz5TMVWBpA42M0xOGg23mPpREivE_HUqNRxunpA_dv8Nb3QlLSg1hPgogk1BYParcDmdU5b8R8Ijh1OLLT2e0lWqbXcjv05LdK3Q7-9bhxftVnkhBtBZle6c8FHkwPgxj8JfnlDjOnlwli8O6nPB_vmzo25KSlSMxOdYW2KsChTgYFE1wTbdyRU2aSoQXWROrsWJBPZ1GjJ1sqLXHjcLddqHZHd1HywRkCGJtr-1KV4QNHunOjc5hmeZfgFrzP_Maw5wI1NBX0KAMIe86IXtFArJ85NA0Ix6GwibcjDwIqycAh0nAMkO84fiOmbicAeZ3SEynqJiAt1RNRI26Xt6zf3dObMGNjht4X20LUFD1jWoOfhy_OgwP7Xa5wQ1iCvOw=w2560-h1440-ft

PS: congrats for the update, all those new features are very enjoyable to test ?

The most important thing to add to this feature is to let the player enable/disable it by pressing a key.
If the "Hide Battle UI" option is selected, a pause menu option is added so it can be enabled without going into the options screen. I can bring up tying the general enabling/disabling of this feature to a key, internally.

When we remove the UI we still see the name of the troops in front of us at the bottom of the screen.
We kept this so players can understand when they can get on or off a horse, HP of a siege engine etc. We can remove these as well depending on the feedback.

Being able to show/remove the banners at the top of our troops with an other key would be awesome as it is very useful even when we have the UI removed. The thing is that there is nothing more immersion breaking than Banners on top of the troops.
Since there is already an option to remove these in game, we decided to exclude them from this option.

We kept this so players can understand when they can get on or off a horse, HP of a siege engine etc. We can remove these as well depending on the feedback.
Then perhaps turning them on only interactive objects (horses, siege engines, etc) could be a good solution. The name of troops serves the player no purpose because they can't "interact" with them.

@Dejan a question about the new Battle Terrain System: as I remember form the "Future Plans" blog, the team plans to add new scenes partially. So, do they plan to add a few new scenes every new update from now on or will the new scenes be added occasionally?
As mentioned in the patch, we are looking to further expand the pool of these scenes over time. Can't really specify in what manner or how frequently that will happen though.
Is the "(doesn't affect the Siege game mode)" meant to be "(affects only the Siege game mode)"? The flags in skirmish are fine, it's in siege where you have huge 50 man battles happening on the flag that end in the middle because the morale ran out, or matches that end because 1 defender horseman ran past 20 players and touched the flag for 0.1 seconds, draining the last of attackers morale. I hope this is just a typo, can someone confirm? @Dejan @NIN3 @Callum
It's intended as it's written.
@Dejan
Is it possible in near future that we can have "horse inventory system"?For example; horses that has max 2 inventory slot which can carry little shields, bows, quivers,swords ect and can accessible in battles via inventory button?
We don't have any plans for what you're describing but I can bring it up as a community suggestion.
From now on, good luck kicking a griefer/teamkiller where you need "all teammates" to agree. You already needed 4 "FOUR" votes out of 6 "SIX" players including the culprit, if 4 out of 5 players votes to kick chances are the player in question deserves to be kicked. This type of BS is like you are trying to piss people off on purpose.
We received many complaints from players that were kicked in-game by their teammates for various reasons we don't consider kick-worthy. If someone is truly a griefer & teamkiller, you will have no trouble getting them out of the game by a unanimous vote. And as always, report the player so that they can be processed by our support team.

Wait, can you still get the dragon banner in sandbox mode? I'm confused.

On my story mode campaign, i failed the quest but still have the first dragon banner piece. what happens now? it just stays in my inventory?

Back
Top Bottom