Beta Patch Notes e1.6.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Guys, I haven't received good news about the game update for a long time, maybe you will please me today? And release 1.6.6?
We have some more blocker issues to resolve before releasing the next live/beta patches. The moment that happens I'll be happy to let you know.

As I said long ago; Q2/2022 is pretty much impossible so don't expect anything anymore after this near 2 year long pointless EA. If you're lucky, maybe it'll be released Q4/2023, maybe...

We have some more blocker issues to resolve before releasing the next live/beta patches. The moment that happens I'll be happy to let you know.
Now this is good communication. Knowing the reason for a delay is much better than being told "when it's ready".

Now this is good communication. Knowing the reason for a delay is much better than being told "when it's ready".
What's the difference? It's always a blocker issue, a universal catch-all. It's never because it rained or the test team was sad.

Edit: And this is because the details are secret for some strange reason and they can't say things like "our pathfinding has some problems with triple ladder queues that need to be fixed". That the content of an upcoming patch is a secret is inexplicable and indicative of lack of confidence in the dev team to deliver.

Last edited:
Edit: And this is because the details are secret for some strange reason and they can't say things like "our pathfinding has some problems with triple ladder queues that need to be fixed". That the content of an upcoming patch is a secret is inexplicable and indicative of lack of confidence in the dev team to deliver.
This what I'm talking about. No info whatsoever. It is hard sometimes to know if we can expect the patch this week or not. Many arguable changes are made without even trying to ask the community if they want it or not. Take it or leave it.

No info about the upcoming changes is the next irritating thing. "We don't tell anything, because we're not sure if we can include it in the next patch". Lol, nice. You have announced the Battle Terrain System half a year ago - did it make any bad for you, except for rare occasional question about its status (which you are also give no answer to!). At least we know that is coming, it is planned, it is being devleoped and we know what to expect in the future. All other updates are pure coffee reading for the community - speculations and hopes born of no information from the devs, which are ruined by yet another sheep-update.

Communication of the year.

Communication of the year.
Communication of the year goes to the team at Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnaughts.

While the TW communication is lackluster, it could be much worse. This update is going... well, I can't really say anything. I'll just wait and see what is actually included before I make my full judgements. However, in terms of communication, well we know what is going to be releases before the game releases. That's kinda all we really need to know.

And in terms of release dates, I can't really blame them for not being specific. Given how much pushback they received over delaying the game, which is one of the moves that should be universally liked, I can't blame them for not giving a date. If they had to push a patch back, I can already see the "Lol delayed" threads popping up. When the patch is ready, the patch is ready.

You have announced the Battle Terrain System half a year ago - did it make any bad for you, except for rare occasional question about its status (which you are also give no answer to!). At least we know that is coming, it is planned, it is being devleoped and we know what to expect in the future
Maybe they're perpetually starting some feature or another and giving up every two weeks because it's not working right and they don't want us to know.
I mean they dropped castle building a village upgrades for........ I don't know why..... it sure looked like they had it figured out when they showed it in that interview. ⚫?

No, but at least it´s some kind of communication. Good communication would be something like:

"While we are working on feature X we discovered problem Y. We work as hard as we can and expect the update to be ready in around 2 weeks. Things may change though. You can expect the following features for the next update: Better sheep texture and improved chinese translation."

And nope, again there won´t be any ****storm if they would fail to deliver it in 2 weeks if they would just communicate this upfront again.

And nope, again there won´t be any ****storm if they would fail to deliver it in 2 weeks if they would just communicate this upfront again.
Indeed, that's what we're trying to say here.Taleworlds is so afraid of any negative feedback, they've built a great wall between themselves and the community. They throw us a bone from time to time. which is something like "We're working on it" and then go back to being silent and no info or communication.

Throughout the whole EA I haven't seen a single discussion with the community, something simple like "What is your most favourite change for the patch 1.XX?" or "What is the most disappointing change for the patch 1.XX?". Almost none of the team or CMs discuss with the players anything, all I see is the players discuss anything among themselves and sometimes a dev shows up just to say something like "Hi, this inentional, bye!".

Is that a communication and involvement?

Back
Top Bottom