Beta Patch Notes e1.6.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Prison breaks are never used once you progress the game little bit, nobody wants to save scum over and over to get one lord out early
Plenty of people do. I know I do.
Oh and keep battles are just 20 more seconds of the same combat you just did, but worse.
It's an immersive fight, in a cool looking environment with a vertical layout, on a smaller scale where the player's combat skills matter more.
I really want to agree, but I can't concede that these two game things are "good", I will say it's GOOD that they are adding features, good that they added improvements to them and it is possible to enhance these into something more useful and enjoyable.
Let's agree to disagree on whether they are good.
Maybe more options and ways to sneak into the prison and more results too or proper quests related to it. perks or civ gear related to it, fun stuff, perk for releasing multiple prisoners engineering to tunnel into it? For keep battles, and actually all battles a big improvement would be a "do not deploy" check so we can just keep put our special boys and girls. ALso if there is any lord there a parley would be good, maybe a duel depending on stats and traits or a surrender. They can obviously make these good and fun and useful, I just don't think it's there yet.
Totally agree that improvements are needed. Infiltrating towns and breaking into prison should be made much easier/cheaper by your roguery skill, and have the option of killing the guard to break in. And I like your general idea for being able to exclude troops from battle.

As for lords, I don't tend to see them defending castles/towns much :sad:

If players are save-scumming, you have a badly designed feature that you should either:
- derandomize and make it skill-based
- lower the cost of failure (which applies here) so players would take the loss and try again instead of reloading
Oh sorry, I meant using the feature, not savescumming. My bad. That said though you're right.

If players are save-scumming, you have a badly designed feature that you should either:
- derandomize and make it skill-based
- lower the cost of failure (which applies here) so players would take the loss and try again instead of reloading
Funny thing that in Warband you could use your skill and try escaping from town when you are noticed. You could even try and beat the guards and then disappear in the alleys, sucesfully infiltrating the town.

Bannerlord has only one option and there is nothing you can do about it. Why, Taleworlds? Who thought that it would be a good and fun decision?

My guess is that it got tagged as "low priority" but not as a final decision/design.
It's really strange. I don't think it requires the whole team and 2 code refactors to add an old feature back. But then again, I do not understand some of their descisions at all.

Commanding troops while enemy is fleeing? Rejected.
Armor and weapon loadouts? Rejected.
Escaping the city while being recongnized? Rejected.
Truce? Rejected.

And the list goes on and on.

It is quite weird that so many issues the community feels are important are considered "low priority" to the TW team. And you wonder why people get fired up, their voices are not heard, ignored or told they are important enough. After awhile of that, frustration sets in. I am guilty of it and have gone too far but I can understand why people do it. You should listen to your customers but that is the main problem with early access compared to an alpha/beta situation, they have your money so there is no incentive to listen to you since they have your money. Sad what business has come to these days. Still love the game though, just need it full release so moddders can work their magic.

It is quite weird that so many issues the community feels are important are considered "low priority" to the TW team. And you wonder why people get fired up, their voices are not heard, ignored or told they are important enough. After awhile of that, frustration sets in. I am guilty of it and have gone too far but I can understand why people do it. You should listen to your customers but that is the main problem with early access compared to an alpha/beta situation, they have your money so there is no incentive to listen to you since they have your money. Sad what business has come to these days. Still love the game though, just need it full release so moddders can work their magic.
? :grin: thank you very much for your words, in a polite way i think you have represented a good part of us

when new patch i think we getting a big update hope for only single-player sorry for mp players i don't play bannerlords mp bannerlord is single-player game

when new patch i think we getting a big update hope for only single-player sorry for mp players i don't play bannerlords mp bannerlord is single-player game
Well, it isn't new for Taleworlds to delay the updates, so everyone thinks something big is coming. Yeeeet..

What happened? You used to be more cheerful!
I came close to getting frustrated once but then i chose to just chill and be busy with something else in my free time. It gave them a bit of time to work on a lot of fixes and added some really cool features. Maybe you need a break too. I am telling you this because i care about your wellbeing. I sometimes fixate on stuff and when nothing is being done to address my specific problem it sure feels disappointing but then i realize they must have a lot on their plate and ,in due time, it will either be in the base game or will be in a mod.
Not everything is sinister, a healthy amount of skepticism is fine but be careful not to go too deep in the rabbit hole :wink:
Anyways, take care and like i said. You would be surprised what a little break would do to your mental health :smile:

What happened? You used to be more cheerful!
I came close to getting frustrated once but then i chose to just chill and be busy with something else in my free time. It gave them a bit of time to work on a lot of fixes and added some really cool features. Maybe you need a break too. I am telling you this because i care about your wellbeing. I sometimes fixate on stuff and when nothing is being done to address my specific problem it sure feels disappointing but then i realize they must have a lot on their plate and ,in due time, it will either be in the base game or will be in a mod.
Not everything is sinister, a healthy amount of skepticism is fine but be careful not to go too deep in the rabbit hole :wink:
Anyways, take care and like i said. You would be surprised what a little break would do to your mental health :smile:
yeah I turn 50 today, no prolly a mid life crises

Back
Top Bottom