How do I kill myself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Grank

Master Knight
My heir has just come of age and I want to change character. My current character is 52 and he's still kicking. He's not getting sick (still too young for that maybe?), and I've been save-scumming a losing battle for a while. Only knocked unconscious so far. Is there an easier way to kill myself? Or just things that raise the death chance I guess. He's been chopping heads off and the opponent I'm save-scumming against hates his guts, but he still won't execute my character.

there is a command.

make character ill or something like this.

this is the command
campaign.make_main_hero_ill

you need to turn on cheating first
i think this is the command
config.cheatmode 1

If possible I'd like to avoid console commands.
the player can't die in battle. either keep savescumming your rival or keep savescumming in general. i think characters start dying at the age of 50.

the player can't die in battle. either keep savescumming your rival or keep savescumming in general. i think characters start dying at the age of 50.
If the player can't die in battle, so I'm left with only execution and sickness? Welp.

You could wait for MC retirement to be implemented and do it properly, just ask the nice devs when they are going to get it done. ?
If you are in a hurry, don't skip this.

My heir has just come of age and I want to change character. My current character is 52 and he's still kicking. He's not getting sick (still too young for that maybe?), and I've been save-scumming a losing battle for a while. Only knocked unconscious so far. Is there an easier way to kill myself? Or just things that raise the death chance I guess. He's been chopping heads off and the opponent I'm save-scumming against hates his guts, but he still won't execute my character.
If your character has high endurance, he will live longer and if you have the perks "Cheat Death" and "Health Advice" your character can ignore two Death rolls.

So if you want your character to die, don't pick this two perks and have low endurance, because the player can only die from old age and not in battles.
And the old age death checks happens at the age of 47.

Corporal punishment has a chance to kill your character.
Increase your criminal rating with a kingdom you are not part of until it is over 30 and then try to enter one of their towns. Then select to speak with the guards and select corporal punishment to pay for your crime. Repeat until dead.
Edit: oh, and the easiest way of gaining criminal rating without causing a war is to extort villagers, but never fight them.

So if you want your character to die, don't pick this two perks and have low endurance, because the player can only die from old age and not in battles.
And the old age death checks happens at the age of 47.
Ah crap. He's a smith so he has high endurance. None of the two perks, but my surgeon has one of them.

Corporal punishment has a chance to kill your character.
Increase your criminal rating with a kingdom you are not part of until it is over 30 and then try to enter one of their towns. Then select to speak with the guards and select corporal punishment to pay for your crime. Repeat until dead.
I see. That's neat. Unfortunately I've united Calradia by this point. I just want to play my heir to be a swashbuckling adventurer.

Ah crap. He's a smith so he has high endurance. None of the two perks, but my surgeon has one of them.

I see. That's neat. Unfortunately I've united Calradia by this point. I just want to play my heir to be a swashbuckling adventurer.
If the surgeon has them, this has no impact, because the "Health Advice" Perk effect for death chance ignoring is a clan leader perk effect, it has only an effect, if the clan leader has the perk and the other is a personal one.

pefOTKY.jpg

Oh? Can factions go "extinct" or "eliminated" at this point in the development of the game?
Yep. Clans can be wiped out if all of their adults die. The only way to destroy a faction is to wipe all of their clans. They won't disappear even if they have no fiefs left, like in Warband. They will just respawn at a small number near their old capital. Clans can still defect to that faction, even bringing their fiefs with them, so when you have this situation, just execute them all. Finish the job.

If the surgeon has them, this has no impact, because the "Health Advice" Perk effect for death chance ignoring is a clan leader perk effect, it has only an effect, if the clan leader has the perk and the other is a personal one.
I see. I tried waiting and I still didn't get sick. I think it would take me about 5 years or so, which would be too long for me. I ended up using Doc's console commands, which I will now thank him for.

@Grank you could just save scum, walk around for a week or two and the re-load and try again, although at that age the chance of illness may be very low, but if you were determined enough you could do it.
I had waited 5 in-game years and I'd not wait for another 5. Just to be a man who would wait 10 game years to fall down my own grave. DADADA~

Does it?
@Bannerman Man @SadShogun is this stuff true? ??❓
It does and happened to me.
1) Get a criminal rate above 30 but below 60 (to avoid war declaration).
2) Enter town and accept corporal punishment.
3) Repeat.
The problem is that it is quite difficult to keep a 30+ criminal rate for multiple tries (every punishment will reset your rate to 30) with vanilla quests.
I managed to get my character killed after less than 10 punishments in a row (but I was modding testing the criminal rate stuff).

It does and happened to me.
1) Get a criminal rate above 30 but below 60 (to avoid war declaration).
2) Enter town and accept corporal punishment.
3) Repeat.
The problem is that it is quite difficult to keep a 30+ criminal rate for multiple tries (every punishment will reset your rate to 30) with vanilla quests.
I managed to get my character killed after less than 10 punishments in a row (but I was modding testing the criminal rate stuff).
It is difficult, it used to be easier I think but something changed and it drops off easier. I used to have to be careful with the "deliver the herd" quest to not start a war super early by stealing from the same faction too many times, when I first started doing this I think it would be only 2 in a row and a war would pop, but in the last 10 or so version at least I can never get war started no matter how many I do and they let me in the town with criminals rating, not sure but I think I've got it to 40 as the highest. One thing is you could just save scum when you know you can surrender to the guard and re try until it kills you. I never heard that it could kill you before.

You should switch with clan member when you want, retirement should only mean that your character isn't the leader.
If we're heading to that direction I'd like to have a feature that lets us to play as a non clan leader. For example, we can join a bigger clan and receive orders from the leader. We can have clan drama and competition. If we can choose to change to play as our heir, we can let the AI take control of our former character while we conspire to kill our siblings.

If we're heading to that direction I'd like to have a feature that lets us to play as a non clan leader. For example, we can join a bigger clan and receive orders from the leader. We can have clan drama and competition. If we can choose to change to play as our heir, we can let the AI take control of our former character while we conspire to kill our siblings.
Sounds an interesting idea, with some good potential.
But I doubt common players would actually accept to lose control of their main character...
A lot can not even accept to lose a few high tier troops during battles.
And more globally those who can not accept "real" death in a game...

Back
Top Bottom