Skirmish Skill based matchmaking?

Users who are viewing this thread

its population-based matchmaking. which means, you wait for a half-hour, finally have enough ppl (because they just finished a game), get started.
what do you mean by that, so ranked games should start 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3 ? if there is enough players you dont wait 30 mins to start the game. Normally ranked games have different pools that divides players. Bannerlord has low playerbase and should use same pool of players to find a ranked game like warband web matchmaking does.

I have yet to see a decent argument in support of this idea. It should be clear that in the current situation of Multiplayer, subdividing the already microscopical remainder of the population is not a very presentable idea. If, or when, the population grows, such a system could most definitely be implemented.

I have yet to see a decent argument in support of this idea. It should be clear that in the current situation of Multiplayer, subdividing the already microscopical remainder of the population is not a very presentable idea. If, or when, the population grows, such a system could most definitely be implemented.
I think adding some sort of skill-based balancing system to the existing skirmish mode is the first step and probably would be the most beneficial to making public games more fun. Even something as rudimentary as using levels, K/D or other stats to come up with a rough balance would be helpful. A full ranked mode would have been nice when the playerbase was larger and probably would have filtered a lot of the players that are too good out of the normal queue so new players could enjoy skirmish more, but as you say at this point it seems like it would be more detrimental than beneficial to add.

Some kind of ranking would be nice, It just gets boring to play against 'low level' opponents. And it is not fun for them either. They get trashed because they have 10 hours in mp and don't know how to play the game mode and combat.

what do you mean by that, so ranked games should start 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3 ? if there is enough players you dont wait 30 mins to start the game. Normally ranked games have different pools that divides players. Bannerlord has low playerbase and should use same pool of players to find a ranked game like warband web matchmaking does.
In NA usually, you have 2 ongoing games. 1 is pickup guys they rarely play with the outside world. So if you are a random guy hit the "play" button and queue. there is usually only 1 game you can join, sometimes there are 2. (usually 6v6 + 3v3).
So I don't think anything really matters except population.

I think there is plenty of players but the mode just doesnt interest them. It doesnt interest me at all personally, I feel Im playing M&B in a Counter Strike setting. 6 players just isnt enough for a proper melee. It will eventually become 6v6 2hander battles as the skirmish population skill develop and thats boring.
I would be much more interested in a mode like Captain but no bots only players, THAT would be a more proper M&B competitive mode for me. Skirmish feel too small, narrow or shallow in lack of better term. Its just a big duel to me.

I think there is plenty of players but the mode just doesnt interest them. It doesnt interest me at all personally, I feel Im playing M&B in a Counter Strike setting. 6 players just isnt enough for a proper melee. It will eventually become 6v6 2hander battles as the skirmish population skill develop and thats boring.
I would be much more interested in a mode like Captain but no bots only players, THAT would be a more proper M&B competitive mode for me. Skirmish feel too small, narrow or shallow in lack of better term. Its just a big duel to me.
6v6 won't become 2 hander battles. Since archers/throwings punish it hard. Also With shock being nerfed it is more a heavy inf meta at the moment.

What I meant was that the meta will eventually end up being 1 type of class. Inbalances and 'meta' will be much more aparent and have much bigger impact in such a small mode.

Skirmish is only tactical, not strategical. I think a M&B competitive mode should involve somewhat equal amounts of tactic and strategy.

We are semi derailing thread,

but the realistic evolution would be xbow galore :iamamoron:

Wll TW implement a feature that will affect 0.x% of the playerbase ??? No stonks there i think, sadge :sad:
Most of the games i get are like not even 6v6 :grin:. So maybe put 3 good player against 5 nooblets, and then also remoof the bonus gold from tryhard nerds. Leif is suffering

I think adding custom servers is overall a much better idea for MP pop than adding skill-based matchmaking, but skill-based matchmaking doesn't necessarily have to create any subdividing. It could for example be used to make sure that there isn't stacks of great players on one team and only bad players on the other team.

The reality however is that skirmish in particular and MP in general is practically dead but get a small boost for a couple of days after every update. I do not think skill-based skirmish would give the needed pop boost to MP and maybe TW is better focusing on other things.

I am Xtremely offended by this comment.
Oke no but seriously I do agree with you on making better matchmaking as it is undoubtedly unfair for all players involved which is why we do our own pickups in our server. But I disagree with you on not getting the extra gold as that is stupid and makes people rage quitting have more power negatively towards the team. Basically if someone wants to leave the game and punish his own team, the team should therefore get a benefit of the extra gold. It is only fair.

I think adding custom servers is overall a much better idea for MP pop than adding skill-based matchmaking, but skill-based matchmaking doesn't necessarily have to create any subdividing. It could for example be used to make sure that there isn't stacks of great players on one team and only bad players on the other team.

The reality however is that skirmish in particular and MP in general is practically dead but get a small boost for a couple of days after every update. I do not think skill-based skirmish would give the needed pop boost to MP and maybe TW is better focusing on other things.
In simple terms, what makes this hard to pull of is that there are two types of players here: clan players and non clan-related players. The latter are routinely the lower skill people who casually play the game on the odd occasion. Then there are the clan people who are of a higher skill level and frequently stack up. The proposal to employ a system which evaluates stack strength that could potentially give the more casual players a respite ostensibly effectuates that waiting times for not one, but both sides of the community are dramatically increased. Non only that, but queuing times become highly unpredictable and despisable, more so than they have been. Precisely as you indicated the most seemingly logical option, for now, is to add custom server to breathe life into the community and take it from there.

I am 100% agree. 6v6 is impossible to create a fun melee game.
Because you need to create a sustainable scenario to let ppl enjoy.
Why is FPS able to do that? because in FPS games ppl are hiding!
(In a melee-based game, you prefer to hide? then what's the point you even play?)

Why is MOBA able to do that? because they have healers!
(healer in a hardcore medieval game? pls don't)

6v6 is impossible. IMPOSSIBLE

Hate me all you want, but uncapped skillgap can only work for so much time.

Also, people come to MB for massive battles, not for endless 6v6 competitive masturbation every modern game has.

Back
Top Bottom