Can't control troops after enemy flees

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe it's time to communicate with the devs via change.org? :iamamoron:
Because this doesn't seem to work well. Sometimes there's a response to an important issue, but many times there's no follow-up.
Someone in a CM role needs to keep alive all the unresolved frequent complaints, get the devs to deal with them and report on the status to the core fans here. I can easily imagine Dejan trying to put across an issue to the dev team, only to be stonewalled because they are not interested for some reason. He probably needs to escalate stuff like this up the chain of command to get the responsible devs to do something, but no one wants to pick fights like that just for the players. So we are where we are.

Maybe it's time to communicate with the devs via change.org? :iamamoron:
Because this doesn't seem to work well. Sometimes there's a response to an important issue, but many times there's no follow-up.
Someone in a CM role needs to keep alive all the unresolved frequent complaints, get the devs to deal with them and report on the status to the core fans here. I can easily imagine Dejan trying to put across an issue to the dev team, only to be stonewalled because they are not interested for some reason. He probably needs to escalate stuff like this up the chain of command to get the responsible devs to do something, but no one wants to pick fights like that just for the players. So we are where we are.
Sounds like common internal issues in any company / institution... even society with a big S...

I'd like to get some feedback from TW on this and since @Duh_TaleWorlds seemed to be the main responder and Marda and Dejan just were replying with your thread I would love to know. Who made this change and what good did it to for the game, since that what changes are for? And after so many people talked about not liking it and Marda admitted not seeing 1 positive post on it and it would be reviewed again after your holidays which was in July, 5 months ago. Why has this not been changed back. I think it is quite clear the community does not like it and TW stated they would listen to the community more on issues. This was done for no good reason I can see and not liked by many and yet after the community voices clear hatred of it, still nothing is done. So why was this done, why after backlash has the community been ignored?
I am not sure if your the main one dealing with this but by post it seemed you were so I tagged you, if not please direct to whoever it as I would love to hear their thoughts on this change happened and why is the community being ignored for 5 months
The decision to change it closer to what players requested happened some time ago and I believe Dejan has shared that previously. Implementation and release of a change is generally dependent on the associated priority of a task relative to other tasks - aka the relevant people simply had more urgent things to work on.

The decision to change it closer to what players requested happened some time ago and I believe Dejan has shared that previously. Implementation and release of a change is generally dependent on the associated priority of a task relative to other tasks - aka the relevant people simply had more urgent things to work on.
So we'll be able to give orders after the battle is won in the future? I'm not following what you are saying. Just some friendly advise there's no need to be so verbose. Just say it will be changed back at some point.

giphy.gif

---
Joking aside, we have already discussed this in previous threads; total control is essential. Many players brought the issue of linking traits to this kind of behaviour to the table for discussion. A player who never allows any enemy bot to live could increase his/her ruthlessness/cruel % by doing so and vice versa.

In my opinion, total control of the user as far as orders are concerned + ai defending themselves when fleeing (like this mod).

The confusion probably arises because although @Dejan said this:
As Duh noted in another thread, this game mechanic will likely see further changes but it's not considered as a bug per se (rather, a gameplay mechanic that needs some more tweaking) - that's why this thread is marked as resolved.
Yeah agreed, I haven't seen a positive comment regarding this change. I will bring up this issue again next week when we're back from the holidays.

We understand what the issue is and sure - you're talking about the fact that after the enemy units are defeated and start routing fully - it's not possible to give orders to your own units anymore (the UI gets disabled). And this prevents you from chasing up routing enemies - since any commands that you gave prior to the UI being disabled stay in effect. Half are cheering and the other half are doing whatever they were doing prior to the UI being disabled. So any cav that previously wasn't on the "Charge" order f.e. will just stay in place.

What I've been doing is trying to anticipate when the enemy will route fully and give the charge order to everyone prior to that - which is obviously not enjoyable but it is a somewhat working workaround for the time being.
Later in the same thread @MArdA TaleWorlds said:
The behaviour of this got changed to the latest usage. This was an intended change. Half of the troops are chasing the fleeing enemies. The other part are cheering. And you can't order again when the battle is decided.

Stonewalling confirmed! This is like an hour of work to revert to the old behavior. The relevant people don't want to fix their mistakes and would put it off indefinitely if not warned that the players are unnecessarily antagonized by devs dragging their feet.

I presume one of Taleworlds hands closed the bug ticket we could see while another opened a suggestion ticket which we can't see.
Dejan and Duh (in a dodgy style as usual) both confirmed that the current behavior will be changed, but not set as high priority.
My guess is that Marda confirmed the issue as resolved but gave the wrong info (aka justifying the current behavior).

I would love to know who and how many people requested this change, instead of controlling your troops you want half of them cheering and being mindless zombies. Seriously, who wanted this feature? and speaking of more important issues, why was this changed with more important issues needing to be worked on. So back then when this was implemented, the list of important issues wasn't big, but back in July when people hated it, then list is now too big. Most of this doesn't make any sense at all

The future plans blog specifies our larger priorities (including performance and stability).
Yes, but I don´t see any specific priority there, that´s what I mean. And I doubt that all of those shown features will arrive in one big update.

At least I´m not really aware which of those features will be in 1.6.6. and 1.6.7 and so on.

My guess is that Marda confirmed the issue as resolved but gave the wrong info (aka justifying the current behavior).
I think he was merely confirming why the bug thread was resolved. It wasn't a bug but intentional. Unrelated to any acceptance that that intentional change was a mistake which should be revisited in the future.
Yes, but I don´t see any specific priority there, that´s what I mean. And I doubt that all of those shown features will arrive in one big update.

At least I´m not really aware which of those features will be in 1.6.6. and 1.6.7 and so on.
Performance and stability trump anything else. Queued suggestions won't materialise if they can't limbo dance under the minimum pc spec or allow a console port. Probably why Devs are careful not to promise anything until it's tested and available to ship.

Last edited:
I have no development experience but how hard is it to make the changes back? does it really take so much time away from other things, I am just still lost how this change came about, really a ton of people made this request for a change when I have seen no one applaud it
I think Althix put it best when he said "I don't like my freedom of choice being taken away." In the old system we had the choice to control or not and you took that away for no good reason but to see people cheering. Didn't anybody in the meeting think this isn't right. All of the comments are negative, non positive, how was this implemented when no one likes it, was this really done just to show off some cheering animation and that's it?????

Last edited:
I have no development experience but how hard is it to make the changes back? does it really take so much time away from other things, I am just still lost how this change came about, really a ton of people made this request for a change when I have seen no one applaud it
TW:
maneuver.jpg

To be fair, this change doesn´t have the highest priority for me but also I don´t understand why TW doesn´t change it back to the old way until they have a better "system" ready. The community would be happy, TW can work as long as they want on the new "system", everybody wins? Maybe it´s too simple?

TW:
maneuver.jpg

To be fair, this change doesn´t have the highest priority for me but also I don´t understand why TW doesn´t change it back to the old way until they have a better "system" ready. The community would be happy, TW can work as long as they want on the new "system", everybody wins? Maybe it´s too simple?
+1

Back
Top Bottom