Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2021-11-26_21.19.35_50e093a59b8ebcec4d310c2ba9c5192b

Squidymon

Recruit
I've tried all the fix suggestions in the Crash Checklist and Common Issues and Workarounds posts.

I purchased the game at launch and played for several months with no issues using the same hardware as listed below. I ultimately uninstalled the game to make space on my PC but last week I got the itch to play the game again so I re-installed and much to my dismay I can't even get the game to start. Since then I've attempted everything in the crash checklist and common issues and workarounds posts including multiple clean re-installs.

Summary: Game crashes on first load screen every time I click play on the launcher.
How to Reproduce: Every time I click play from the launcher and it goes to the first loading screen
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super
GPU Driver Version: 496.13
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard: ASRock B450M/ac
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Lexar SSD 500 GBs

This crash is the same crash as in the thread I quoted. Here is how the other user fixed the issue. You can update your drivers.
Hey there, so I am able to start the game again. I don't know how exactly I managed to do that, but it seems it was connected to my drivers (probably GPU). I did reset the drivers, updated them and tried this like 2-3 times and the problem disappeared for some reason.

Unfortunately, after some time I was able to play the game I now face some severe connection problems due to unknown reason. As this is another thing, I may open another thread on it as the original issue is solved. Thanks anyway!

This crash is the same crash as in the thread I quoted. Here is how the other user fixed the issue. You can update your drivers.
Thank you !

It appears you were right, the issue was related to my GPU driver being installed incorrectly. I uninstalled and re-installed the driver and now the game is launching without issue !

Please feel free to mark this thread as resolved :smile:

Back
Top Bottom