Bannerlord Abuse of vote to kick

Users who are viewing this thread

Well as title says, some clans and some people are abusing vote kicking system. I collected two evidences for only 2 hours.

1. vote kicked by a clan even though I was already dead.

pmPioFS.jpeg

2. vote kicked by some strangers even though I was already dead and was an infantry.

Some people just wanna try and kill a game's online scene. Happened to Serious Sam and I remember some folks tried to votekick Killing Floor 2 servers to emptiness.

Presumably the clan players are in such cases, as the one you just laid out, displeased with your presence. Although some do the kicking for random reasons, including just trolling or wanting to empty the server, I believe other motives fundamentally relate to one's contribution to the team. That is not to argue it should be allowed, because this is extremely inappropriate behavior.

While I have no doubts kick poll is being abused, you being kicked after dying is not necessarily proof of abuse on their part.

If you had a longer video of the event it would be easier to understand what happend.

Idk if TW can prove there is abuse through logs alone.

Or if others have similiar experience with these people.

What region are you playing in?

Rule of thumb: If the same players try banning different players, then it's problably trolling. If it's always diffenent players trying to kick you and you specially, I would try to adapt my playstyle.
Reading the chat is mandatory. Trying inf and sticking with the blob is recommended for beginners.

And then there are situations when most of the team agrees that getting rid of one player is the only way to win a match, eg. because of solo rushing or absence from the fight until it's too late. Do you think kicking a player under such circumstances is justified, or should it be reserved for intentional trolling only?

And then there are situations when most of the team agrees that getting rid of one player is the only way to win a match, eg. because of solo rushing or absence from the fight until it's too late.
In these situations, what's the benefit of kicking? I get it when the player is actively antagonizing their teammates, but why kick the n00bs in an unranked skirm game instead of letting them learn otherwise? Is it done in the hopes someone better will join?

In these situations, what's the benefit of kicking? I get it when the player is actively antagonizing their teammates, but why kick the n00bs in an unranked skirm game instead of letting them learn otherwise? Is it done in the hopes someone better will join?
Or just to get more gold since you have one less person

Wins are still being conuted and rewarded with badges. From that angle kicking a person actually has a benefit as it gives the remaining players additional troops to get a win.
One might even argue that being kicked only hurts you when you are being kicked from the winning team as being kicked from the loosing team doesn't cost a victory and maybe even saves you time to find a better match.

Custom servers and active moderators playing the game would help correct this issue.

In WBMM and battle servers like IG Battlegrounds, players who didn't get with the program got the boot. If you played the match with your head in the clouds, you were getting kicked. Now that said, these were places specifically designed for players who wished to have a competitive match with both sides earnestly trying to win. If you just wanted to troll or play with your brain turned off, there were literally scores of other servers for you to choose from.

The problem with Bannerlord is that the community is softly stratified. Meaning that players of all skill levels, experience, and temperaments exist within the community, but they're all placed within the same pool of Skirmish/Captain queues. Thus, you can get a scenario where highly skilled players looking to have a sincere match are placed in the same game as trolls, griefers, and players completely new to the franchise. This obviously creates a wildly unbalanced dynamic and causes a variety of problems, including the vote kick abuse issue.

The simple fix is to create more specified servers for these different types of players to go. This already exists to some extent with things like TDM, where you can troll and be a TDM brain all you want, but a further tiering of Skirmish and Captain Mode would be nice -with the aforementioned custom servers and moderators helping out big time.

This of course would also need some effort from Taleworlds' end, and more players playing the game in general....

This thread is a mess people don't kick for no reason, they actual;ly have to tab out and look for your name and click on it. players who don't contibute to the team get kicked or that are playing really bad making their team lose

Not sure it should be possible to votekick in skirmish or captain. Report sure but votekick? :unsure:

From what I have seen in the captain scene, the people getting kicked are the ones not listening to the team or playing very badly, never seen a troll kick but I heard it happens

So I was vote-kicked out by this gentlemen simply for spawning in at the last round of a game while a teammate was still alive. By the time I got to the enemy, the teammate died and had to listen to this baguette telling everybody in voice chat about "kick this noob" "stop wasting my time", whereas I was at the 2nd place of the scoreboard, contributed much more to teamwork then him. What is even shocking, that teammates actually went along with it...like why? Don't you have 30 seconds while the enemy team gangbangs me? Literally, this whole thing is upsetting, it never happened before.
Is there somebody to whom I can report this? If needed, I can send the log files, I have them saved.

So I was vote-kicked out by this gentlemen simply for spawning in at the last round of a game while a teammate was still alive. By the time I got to the enemy, the teammate died and had to listen to this baguette telling everybody in voice chat about "kick this noob" "stop wasting my time", whereas I was at the 2nd place of the scoreboard, contributed much more to teamwork then him. What is even shocking, that teammates actually went along with it...like why? Don't you have 30 seconds while the enemy team gangbangs me? Literally, this whole thing is upsetting, it never happened before.
Is there somebody to whom I can report this? If needed, I can send the log files, I have them saved.
First of all I approve of this post as it calls @Poddicus trash.

Secondly, are you really complaining about Obelix raging? That like complaining that a dog barked at a cat, it's part of life

First of all I approve of this post as it calls @Poddicus trash.

Secondly, are you really complaining about Obelix raging? That like complaining that a dog barked at a cat, it's part of life
That is a good simile to be honest. The reason I wrote this post is to find a potential way to try to stop these kind of actions of players with severe cases of toxicity. These guys have problems that are far more serious than one random skirmish game, and me - plus I believe 99% of the remaining players - do not want to deal with this sh*t, especially not after work when you just log in to relax a bit.
I do not really know if the log-files I saved would help, I just did it to show that I did not teamkill or was afk at all. These are the activities that justify a vote to kick.
Nevertheless I hope devs will - sooner or later - find a way to fix this kind of vote to kick abuse.

Back
Top Bottom