Forum Feedback and Suggestions (NOT Game Feedback)

Users who are viewing this thread

we need more than 10 pages search results. preferably, all of the results.
Allowing more search results can potentially cause performance problems for the server, which is why it is limited. Since we use a high performance search engine, though, we might be able to safely get away with increasing that limit. I've increased the maximum to 1000 results (50 pages) as a test. If it ends up seeming to cause problems, I might end up reducing the maximum back down to 200 results.

It's not showing up for you, then? It is present on the server and working for me.
Weird, on mobile it's showing up, but inside desktop Chrome it's absent. Trying to visit the image leads to a 404 page.
CLwKD.png

Weird, on mobile it's showing up, but inside desktop Chrome it's absent. Trying to visit the image leads to a 404 page.
CLwKD.png
It shows fine on Chrome and Firefox on desktop for me. I've checked the image link and there are no problems there, and of course visiting the image shows the image as expected. Everything is fine when monitoring the HTTP headers for viewing the image as well.
I'm not sure what's wrong on your end. Possibly an extension you are running?

It shows fine on Chrome and Firefox on desktop for me. I've checked the image link and there are no problems there, and of course visiting the image shows the image as expected. Everything is fine when monitoring the HTTP headers for viewing the image as well.
I'm not sure what's wrong on your end. Possibly an extension you are running?
That was it! Weird! My adblocker was, for some reason, causing that particular image show up as a 404 page instead.

I see. Now I got the notification but when I login and without any iteration I don't see the new alerts of threads. Then I click on the bell and I have some unread messages.
Edit: Again, I logged in and the notification popped for like 0.5 sec. and then disappeared.
I continue to have some issues with this, does it happen to someone else?
Has someone looked into this?
If it doesn't happen to anyone else and you couldn't quickly find the problem don't even bother with this, not much of an issue.

I continue to have some issues with this, does it happen to someone else?
Has someone looked into this?
If it doesn't happen to anyone else and you couldn't quickly find the problem don't even bother with this, not much of an issue.
You are only notified of new posts in a thread once, until you actually view that thread, then further new posts after that will trigger another notification. When you view your notification list, however, those new post notifications stop contributing to the "new notifications" number, though they at least remain highlighted in the list until you view the thread. Or, the notification eventually falls off the bottom of the notification list if you just ignore it.
Does that explain what you are seeing, or is something different happening?

Does that explain what you are seeing, or is something different happening?
No, when I log in I don't get the notification that I have unread threads and then sometimes it appears later when I don't think it shouldn't, according to the logic you explained.

No, when I log in I don't get the notification that I have unread threads and then sometimes it appears later when I don't think it shouldn't, according to the logic you explained.
Based on that, then, I'm not sure why you aren't receiving notifications at the times you'd expect. I haven't experienced that or heard of it happening. I'm also not sure offhand how it might end up doing that in the first place.

Based on that, then, I'm not sure why you aren't receiving notifications at the times you'd expect. I haven't experienced that or heard of it happening. I'm also not sure offhand how it might end up doing that in the first place.
Yeah I have no idea too. ?‍♂️
It's fine by me.

THAT ANNOYED ME ALOT i'M WITH U IN THAT SUGGESTION
You did notice that the limit is now 50 pages, right? As per my response above to that post:
Allowing more search results can potentially cause performance problems for the server, which is why it is limited. Since we use a high performance search engine, though, we might be able to safely get away with increasing that limit. I've increased the maximum to 1000 results (50 pages) as a test. If it ends up seeming to cause problems, I might end up reducing the maximum back down to 200 results.

A little visual bug happens with group banners (as in Modding -> Modding Groups Activity) - previously they were nicely stretched, but now they are not, therefore the background color occupies more space.

A little visual bug happens with group banners (as in Modding -> Modding Groups Activity) - previously they were nicely stretched, but now they are not, therefore the background color occupies more space.
This is apparently due to changes in an update to the Social Groups addon we use. We'll probably tinker with the look of it.

EDIT:
Tinkered.

Last edited:
Groups on the forum now have a little more functionality to their discussion forums. Group admins and moderators can now move threads between the group's discussion forums if they have more than one. The option will show up in the "..." menu in the upper right when viewing a thread in a group discussion forum, if you're an admin or moderator of that group.
Note that the move dialog for this feature does have a minor oddity that it also lists the forum which the thread is already in as a possible destination forum, but it doesn't actually cause any problems as far as I can tell. That might get fixed at some point.

On another note, there have been a few odd server hiccups every once in a while lately which I think might be due to the search result limit being increased to 1000 results, so for now I've taken it back down to 400 max results (twice the original standard limit) to see if that helps.

When you click on a profile to see someone's posting history, you may get his posts from the last couple of days, then BANG the list continues directly to 2011 or 2010. Why did you delete a decade, Janus? It wasn't a great decade, but the posterity has a right to know how it sucked.

When you click on a profile to see someone's posting history, you may get his posts from the last couple of days, then BANG the list continues directly to 2011 or 2010. Why did you delete a decade, Janus? It wasn't a great decade, but the posterity has a right to know how it sucked.
I'm guessing the search index was being rebuilt when you checked. Should be back now.

I got warned for one post in which I used a synonym of a word "kitty" that starts with the letter "p", while rules state that "use of expletives should not make up the bulk of your posts", and "If you constantly use bad language you may be asked to tone it down or have your posts edited or removed". But if you are punishing people for using "bad" language just once, you should update the rules, because they are very misleading.
Also why is there an option to disable censoring "bad" words, if we are not allowed to use them anyway? Seems kinda pointless.
And if people who don't want to see them, don't see them, why are we punished for using them? It doesn't really make sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom