Stabbing feels weird

Users who are viewing this thread

Horked

Is it just me?

Stabbing feels slower than other attacks and the way it connect feels strange, hard to explain all this especially when im not native english lol

Warband stab is the fastest connecting attack but im not sure same is true for Bannerlord stab. If its indeed different it could be the intention however.

Was just wondering if others feel the same :smile:

Yes I feel like stabbing with a two handed feels rather slow and weird, like the animation from the body moves back then forward, a bit weird especially if your character is already moving forward. It would make sense if you're standing still, then the rocking back and forth makes sense for momentum.

You could do a quick video showing what you're talking about

Stabbing does feel way too slow, I think it's because after you release lmb the attack animation winds back even further before thrusting forward.

I wonder if the stab is active from the beginning so that it may connect while the character is doing this 'wind up' animation part.

I cba to make a video about it, just that if others feel the same and some dev could confirm that stab (or any other attack for that matter) is not really tuned, if others feel the same and the attacks should be tuned already, I request that its being reworked eventually :grin:

Edit: Err, this 2nd part of the post came out really weird I now see, but I think you get the point lol

Last edited:
Stabbing has felt off since I started playing tbh, there is some kind of hold integrated with the animation which makes it feel slow.
It is very rarely used in skirmish with 1h swords which is a shame I think

Shame indeed. If theres such a thing as the best opening attack, that would (should) be the thrusting attack.

Its actually crucial in the sense that its what makes the difference between axes/maces and swords. If the trusting is off/not used, then why have different 1h weapons?

Please TaleWorlds, rework thrusting attack please ???

Last edited:
Agreed it needs to come out a bit quicker. While testing some kick mechanics, I found that you can often land your kick faster than a thrusting weapon, even when the thrust starts first.

you can often land your kick faster than a thrusting weapon, even when the thrust starts first.
This may be the intention. Kick is low/no damage super close-range interruption.

But the stabbing thrust attack is deffy off, I refuse to believe that this is how TW really intended it to be.

This may be the intention. Kick is low/no damage super close-range interruption.

But the stabbing thrust attack is deffy off, I refuse to believe that this is how TW really intended it to be.
Hm, you may be right. It just makes kicks feel very low-risk, since you can still block high/left/right without a shield equipped, and it lands much faster than your #1 threat. I always thought of kicking as more of a feint counter, space-maker, can opener vs. shields, or a rhythm-breaker, rather than a viable reaction to an incoming attack.

Personally my issue is that it feels strange and I dont trust it very much. Often I lose an attack exchange, for example opponent swing and I thrust in the same moment but she is the one connecting first, same weapons and movement. If the way the weapons connect is tied to the animations timeline, Im sure it would fix what I think feels strange about it

Back
Top Bottom