MP Changing "Control Attack Direction" Setting Mid-Combat

Users who are viewing this thread

It can be very difficult to hit players that are good at blocking. One strategy that high level players use is to set the "Control Attack Direction" setting to "By Inverse Look Direction". You can change this setting while already in a scene by going to gameplay settings and modifying the setting, however this takes a few seconds.

I would like to be able to change the setting mid-combat, using a hot key or macro or similar.

I tried changing the config file while in a multiplayer scene, but that doesn't change the setting in-game. I also went through all the console commands, but unfortunately I couldn't find one for this setting that could be changed mid-combat (with a macro for example).

Does anyone have any ideas on how to achieve this?

I'm not pro but I'm above average. Gameplay here, skip to 2:12 for the first duel.

I'm not looking for "macro abuse". The way that the attack direction mechanic works now makes attack directions a bit orchestrated, I think what I've proposed as an intentional game mechanic would increase the combat depth.

@biattirinen the point of the suggestion is in the post and does not need repeating.
Why have an option to change to inverse mid-combat? Inverse won't make you any good at blocking. It's just op because of the feints you can do, if you're not used to using inverse you'll become worse. You're willing to use macros and wonder why people are good at the game.
Useless suggestion tbh

Why have an option to change to inverse mid-combat? Inverse won't make you any good at blocking. It's just op because of the feints you can do, if you're not used to using inverse you'll become worse. You're willing to use macros and wonder why people are good at the game.
Useless suggestion tbh
Per my original post, this is for attacking, not blocking. Per my earlier comment, being able to change to/from inverse attack direction mid-combat would make attacks less orchestrated. There is no reason attack swing direction should be limited to either mouse/movement direction or the inverse thereof, it is a silly limitation that only exists due to the lack of a key binding to change an in-game setting that already exists.

Also, if you think inverse attack direction is OP, perhaps you're the one that needs to "git gud". Useless comment tbh.

Back
Top Bottom