Resolved Beta 1.5.10 Can't issue commands once enemy start to flee battle field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Forwarded to the design team on May, 7th. That "only recently" you've mentioned here happened on June, 14th. It's July, 31st today. And why exactly are you arguing about it? Or answer at all. Are you in capacity to provide me with an answer to the question that I have initially asked and/or entitled to talk on behalf this game devs?
Idk what are you talking about that happened on June 14th, but wI'm talking about what he said on July 22th.

Yes, I can answer you, but you should be able to answer yourself. They know that it's not how it should be and they were supposed to be talking about this issue after their holidays.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...-flee-battle-field.442649/page-3#post-9709977

doesn't interest,

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...tart-to-flee-battle-field.442649/post-9724321

is the post CannonBoe was refering to. And yes, basically, the problem was reported around the time you said but then it took some misunderstanding by MArdA and some to and fro afterwards, but finally it was July 21st we got a clear answer recognising the exact problem by Dejan, saying he will bring it up AFTER THE HOLIDAYS. So it doesn't even matter if you are willing to show some patience or not, it will take at least until end of August before it will even be looked at but at least now you know THAT and that the right thing will be looked after, so calm down..

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...-flee-battle-field.442649/page-3#post-9709977

doesn't interest,

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...tart-to-flee-battle-field.442649/post-9724321

is the post CannonBoe was refering to. And yes, basically, the problem was reported around the time you said but then it took some misunderstanding by MArdA and some to and fro afterwards, but finally it was July 21st we got a clear answer recognising the exact problem by Dejan, saying he will bring it up AFTER THE HOLIDAYS. So it doesn't even matter if you are willing to show some patience or not, it will take at least until end of August before it will even be looked at but at least now you know THAT and that the right thing will be looked after, so calm down..

Doesn't interest?.. wat?

Dejan reiterated what was said earlier. Because, apparently, people have trouble with understanding things.

Anyway, I don't care anymore. Enjoy being cucked.

I AM NOT LIKING this design choice! I should be able to 'run down' the remnants of the enemy after they start fleeing the battlefield. Whoever thought this was a good idea needs a rap on their noggin'.

This doesn't seem to be fixed yet as of November. It may seem small, but it makes running down enemies after a battle is over is honestly kind of frustrating.

A huge chunk of my troops are wasting time cheering instead of shooting the fleeing units, and those that aren't might just be standing still, holding in place, because I didn't have time to give them the charge order before the entire enemy force routed.

Please fix this ASAP.

The behaviour of this got changed to the latest usage. This was an intended change. Half of the troops are chasing the fleeing enemies. The other part are cheering. And you can't order again when the battle is decided.

The behaviour of this got changed to the latest usage. This was an intended change. Half of the troops are chasing the fleeing enemies. The other part are cheering. And you can't order again when the battle is decided.
What actually seems to happen is half of the troops continue their current behavior, and half start cheering. So if I have my troops in formation and then the battle is decided then they all basically just stand around. I'll go ahead and echo what others are saying, this is a bad design choice. I should be able to continue to order my troops to charge fleeing units, if not they escape in large numbers and continue to be a problem

I am lost on this one, I hate to go back through and find the post, but in a post I was told that this was not intended and planned to be fixed and now its intended, I do not get this at all, enemy are fleeing and being able t control troops can help us take some down especially when its a lord fleeing. I just have to ask, what was so important that this had to be changed at all? Its mind boggling, there was nothing wrong with the old way, so why the change?????
And I also found a thread where you said it was implemented after a feedback meeting, with all the outrage over this, how was there feedback that this decision is a good idea? the community or the developers wanted it?

Last edited:
Just a note to everyone that follows this thread, with e1.7.0 we have implemented the following change in relation to this topic:
  • Players can now command allied units while the opposing team is retreating. When enemies start routing, around half of the units on the winning side start cheering (ally units that are least likely to reach the enemy units) while the rest continue to pursue the enemy. Any order from the player can cancel the cheering behaviour.

Back
Top Bottom