SP - General Recruitment balance

Users who are viewing this thread

Praxet

Recruit
I think that the developers need to rethink the hiring system for high-level units. Including a line of nobles. It turns out that the player at the very beginning of the game, having neither fame nor glory, can easily recruit cataphracts and other top units into the army. I am sure that the set of these troops, in addition to the relationship with the nobles, must be tied to the player's level or to his fame.

I have a suggestion that does this and and alot more More T1 upgrade paths.

Here I suggest that player has no access to upgrade recruits into regular troop-lines at all from the beginning but really have to rely on other troops(Any recruit can upgrade into general Mercenary line: Watchman and player can upgrade into militia-lines of their own culture. With skill and relation, other paths opens up like bandits, caravanguards and minor factions)

To access regulars, you need to be in a faction as ruler, vassal or mercenary.

Together with 5 times the price to upgrade troops especially on higher tiers, we would see far less unmotivated hightiered troops

I have a suggestion that does this and and alot more More T1 upgrade paths.

Here I suggest that player has no access to upgrade recruits into regular troop-lines at all from the beginning but really have to rely on other troops(Any recruit can upgrade into general Mercenary line: Watchman and player can upgrade into militia-lines of their own culture. With skill and relation, other paths opens up like bandits, caravanguards and minor factions)

To access regulars, you need to be in a faction as ruler, vassal or mercenary.

Together with 5 times the price to upgrade troops especially on higher tiers, we would see far less unmotivated hightiered troops
I like these suggestion.
alternatively, i had a fun campaign with the De Re Militari mod. This mod is well thought out.
I think that the developers need to rethink the hiring system for high-level units. Including a line of nobles. It turns out that the player at the very beginning of the game, having neither fame nor glory, can easily recruit cataphracts and other top units into the army. I am sure that the set of these troops, in addition to the relationship with the nobles, must be tied to the player's level or to his fame.
yes I agree. It is strange that noble troops would follow some unknown noble without much renown.
At the moment I also find the noble troops to abundant. I know the change to recruit them at castle villages was implemented in response to complaints about the uselessness of castles and nobles where rarer at the time.

I don't like the current system as you don't have to own the castle to be able to recruit noble units (still no need to own a castlle). I think a better system would be to have a small pool of noble units in the garrison that replenish slowly over time.
This way only the owner or allied nobles (option to turn this off) can take noble units in to their party.
This also gives you a goal to strife for. => you would want a castle to be able to get noble units.

If you want to make more extensive changes to the current system, you can make it impossible to upgrade recruits beyond L3.
An extra incentive to own a city would be the option to upgrade your low lever level units (L1,L2, L3) into the militia line.​
besides you should need cities to be able to afford armies (some economic rework is needed).​
Gives castles the option to upgrade L3 units to L4 units.​

I don't like the current system as you don't have to own the castle to be able to recruit noble units (still no need to own a castlle). I think a better system would be to have a small pool of noble units in the garrison that replenish slowly over time.
This way only the owner or allied nobles (option to turn this off) can take noble units in to their party.
This also gives you a goal to strife for. => you would want a castle to be able to get noble units.

If you want to make more extensive changes to the current system, you can make it impossible to upgrade recruits beyond L3.
An extra incentive to own a city would be the option to upgrade your low lever level units (L1,L2, L3) into the militia line.besides you should need cities to be able to afford armies (some economic rework is needed).Gives castles the option to upgrade L3 units to L4 units.
The bulk of any medivial armies were militia or levies.

I would like a system with 3 different "Recruits".

Militia Recruit - T1 Basically current recruits + T2-T3 militia
Men At Arms [Recruit] - T3 - Basically current T3-T5 regulars
Noble/Elite Warrrior [Recruit] - T4 Basically current

They are each bottomlevel in a tree each. The trees are forked.
The trees have requirements to be available

A general/default army/party has ~60% Militia, 30% Men At Arms and 10% Elites.

The bulk of any medivial armies were militia or levies.

I would like a system with 3 different "Recruits".

Militia Recruit - T1 Basically current recruits + T2-T3 militia
Men At Arms [Recruit] - T3 - Basically current T3-T5 regulars
Noble/Elite Warrrior [Recruit] - T4 Basically current

They are each bottomlevel in a tree each. The trees are forked.
The trees have requirements to be available

A general/default army/party has ~60% Militia, 30% Men At Arms and 10% Elites.
Have you tried “de re military” this does basically that. Only without the upgrading paths opening up as requirements are met.

Back
Top Bottom