SP - UI Character creation RnG is holding this game back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Reiksmarshal

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Can you guys seriously consider adding these UI options to the character creation menu. The current RnG is really lame and not necessary, it is really frustrating and holding character creation back.

1. Select Home Settlement (where you start by and your home town)
Add a drop down menu in character creation to allow you to select the town you spawn by based on culture you pick.

2. Look of parents and brother (campaign)
Add a dice on the page that displays your parents and brother in character creation that allows you to re-roll their appearance. You get some really bad mismatches with the current system.

3. Number of starting companions (or just give each culture 5 starting companions)
Please display in character creation the list of starting companions and maybe have an option to re-roll the companions. There is NOTHING worse than spending 30 minutes making your character to only have 0 or 1-2 companions of your culture spawn.

4. Horse color (if we can’t buy the color we want at least let us select it)
Add a drop down menu in character creation that allows us to pick our horse color. The character's horse color is determined in character creation for the entire game, we should be able to select which color horse we want.

Thank you,

1. Select Home Settlement (where you start by and your home town)
Add a drop down menu in character creation to allow you to select the town you spawn by based on culture you pick.
Probably not. This option will not mean much when the player doesn't know where these settlements are or for first time players they haven't seen yet. Showing a world map and selecting from there was already suggested internally but rejected.

2. Look of parents and brother (campaign)
Add a dice on the page that displays your parents and brother in character creation that allows you to re-roll their appearance. You get some really bad mismatches with the current system.
I'll bring it up internally.

3. Number of starting companions (or just give each culture 5 starting companions)
Please display in character creation the list of starting companions and maybe have an option to re-roll the companions. There is NOTHING worse than spending 30 minutes making your character to only have 0 or 1-2 companions of your culture spawn.
Probably not. The number of companions generated or their cultures are not related to CC in any way. It would be really out of place. A mod is a better avenue for this.

4. Horse color (if we can’t buy the color we want at least let us select it)
Add a drop down menu in character creation that allows us to pick our horse color. The character's horse color is determined in character creation for the entire game, we should be able to select which color horse we want.
I'll bring it up internally but I don't see this getting approved.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Probably not. This option will not mean much when the player doesn't know where these settlements are or for first time players they haven't seen yet. Showing a world map and selecting from there was already suggested internally but rejected.

That world map sounds amazing, but a drop down list would be fine. I get the argument for first time players and the first pick can be random for them, but for your loyal fans it is a terrible system who want to role play a character with a back story. For example if I play a Vlanadian character and in character creation I make my clan name "dey Prevend" my character will have a random home city usually Sargot, but sometimes Ocs Hall. I restarted a campaign once over 20 times trying to get Ortysia my home city for an Empire character.

I'll bring it up internally.

Just a dice on their page would be fine to re-roll their look, some players will keep going back and changes their character's eyebrows or something to force a re-roll for parent's looks or copy their character's looks with Crtl-C and go back to the main menu then start a new character and paste with Crtl-V.

Probably not. The number of companions generated or their cultures are not related to CC in any way. It would be really out of place. A mod is a better avenue for this.

They are randomly generated at the start of each campaign and it is a very unfair system, I can't tell you how many characters I have re-started because I had 0-2 companions from my culture. All I am saying is there could be a minimum of say 5 companions that generate for each culture when the player starts a new campaign. Nothing worse than spending 20-30 minutes making a character and there are no companions of your culture. That is an automatic re-start.

I'll bring it up internally but I don't see this getting approved.

Thank you for your suggestions.

This is something that I have seen several players mention and the only workaround to change your horse color is to start a NEW campaign which is kind of ridiculous.

All of this things combined are unnecessary pain for your player base and will only extend re-playability when players can get through character creation and get desired results. Thanks for the reply, I have over 1300 hours in the BETA and still going strong.

Thank you,

Last edited:
Showing a world map and selecting from there was already suggested internally but rejected.
why-preacher.gif

They are randomly generated at the start of each campaign and it is a very unfair system, I can't tell you how many characters I have re-started because I had 0-2 companions from my culture. All I am saying is there could be a minimum of say 5 companions that generate for each culture when the player starts a new campaign. Nothing worse than spending 20-30 minutes making a character and there are no companions of your culture. That is an automatic re-start.

Hmm.. What about an innkeeper dialogue that when solved "spawnes" a companion with a skill/skillset you asked for.

MC: I´m looking for someone with specific skills
IK: What profession are you looking for?
MC: A Businessman(Trade, Smithing)/ A Steward(Stewardship, Engeenering)/ <Several different warrior types>/ A Commander(Tactics, Ledership) etc
<Game looks up matching charachters of towns culture. If there are none: >
IK: Hmm. Skilled *selected* is hard to find but....I think I know someone...
<Game spawnes a wanderer in a village and makes leads to the player to follow, as an issue/quest>

I made a suggestion like this once... Will seach..
EDIT: Here it is!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom