I'm so quiet these days. In fact, I'm on the forum every day. I don't dare urge version 1.66. I'm afraid it's another small update. After another week

Users who are viewing this thread

What happened? Is 1.6.5 getting pushed to main soon? If so then good. I'm locked out from multiplayer because I'm running 1.6.5 beta right now lol.

It´s so quiet because TW now completly stopped communicating with us.

It´s nothing new but it would be possible for TW to tell us what to expect with the next update, but nope. We are not worthy enough.

It´s so quiet because TW now completly stopped communicating with us.

It´s nothing new but it would be possible for TW to tell us what to expect with the next update, but nope. We are not worthy enough.

It's strange how it comes and goes in waves - they try to communicate more for a little while and then after another few weeks - we return to almost total silence.

The word to describe how TW in general regard their community is 'disdain'. I think they regard us as mostly 'toxic' on the forums.... but on the other hand they know that they need us. Of course, they need us a lot because of future modding which will hugely extend the life of their game - and make money for them in the long term.

But I really get the feeling that TW wish the community didn't exist or wasn't necessary.

Last edited:
I think they regard us as mostly 'toxic' on the forums.... but on the other hand they know that they need us.
That´s one of the reasons for this silence I can imagine. But then there are guys like @Flesson19 here (just one example), providing really good feedback, not beeing toxic. And for me it seems, that even he thinks that TW isn´t listening (not claiming he said this, just what i´ve read and think)

The other one is, this forum is a very small voice compared to all players who bought the game. We all know that the game sold a good amount of copies, reviews on steam are pretty good. So why should they care, no offense.

If you lead a company and had a successful release, why listen to those few guys that are dissapointed or speak to them?

The game already paid itself and made them enough money (I can´t prove this, just my opinion). So what´s more worth, around 100 guys that are not satisfied or this:

Screenshot-2021-11-19-181210.png

EDIT:

Also don´t forget, this game has no competetion, there is nothing else like Warband / Bannerlord. It´s not like that you can buy FPS Shooter 231 if you´re not satisfied with FPS Shooter 512. So it´s more than good enough to have a game like this on the Market.

Last edited:
The word to describe how TW in general regard their community is 'disdain'. I think they regard us as mostly 'toxic' on the forums....

To be fair, the feedback about their updates they get on the forums, both here and on Steam, are often negative. And that's not really anyone's fault either. Bannerlord is such a big game with an incredibly large and diverse community who all want different things. Some people want multiplayer improvements, others want modding improvements, while others want seige AI improved, and others want the economy fixes, etc. It's such a big game with so many moving parts and issues that need addressing that when an update does drop, most people are going to be disappointed.

But I really get the feeling that TW wish the community didn't exist or wasn't necessary.
Look at the last update and balance for multiplayer, based on player feedback... NIN3 is really involved and considering the "community" needs.
To be fair, the feedback about their updates they get on the forums, both here and on Steam, are often negative. And that's not really anyone's fault either. Bannerlord is such a big game with an incredibly large and diverse community who all want different things. Some people want multiplayer improvements, others want modding improvements, while others want seige AI improved, and others want the economy fixes, etc. It's such a big game with so many moving parts and issues that need addressing that when an update does drop, most people are going to be disappointed.
You got a point.
There is no one "community", only a bunch of different profiles with different needs.
The only big bug that really annoys everyone atm is the broken siege tower (including the ladder).

The siege AI needs to be fixed and not improved, since the start of EA. After they´ve fixed the broken siege AI they can improve it.

That was a bad example.

The siege AI needs to be fixed and not improved, since the start of EA. After they´ve fixed the broken siege AI they can improve it.

That was a bad example.
Both is possible.
With 1.6.4 they improved the AI (not only for siege though) by giving them more brain so they can evaluate nearby threat while moving to a new position.
The reason they still did not release THE fix, is probably because it is inherent to several other factors (poor AI, scene glitches, etc...).
Certainly not, like we can read sometimes, because they don't care...

Ive said this on my channel for a month.....I think we are looking at 1.7 for battle orders and battle terrain. Might we get one earlier, that is entirely possible. I have gotten this from statements given by devs and have no proof but I feel really strong that the information is valid. They can drop little zingers like companion clan parties but they really want bigger content to drop on branches like 1.7, 1.8, 1.9. Like I said I could be wrong but this is the info I have gotten and wanted to share it here..my statement of the year Temper your expectations

I believe the list of changes will be huge and significant since the patch takes so much time to release.
Time will show ofc, but let's hope for the best! :smile:

To be honest I don't have much hope rn, I'm just waiting next year. The main feature of this game : siege, Is completly broken and it doesn't look like they really want to fix it... I don't think that grumbling on this forum has any impact on the dev. Everything is taking more and more time, it looks like the development is becoming slower after every patchs. We are so far away from having the full game we pledge for I'm just fed up to maintain hope...

We are so far away from having the full game we pledge for I'm just fed up to maintain hope..

It can be frustrating waiting for broken features to get fixed, especially for a game we all really want to play. But don't give up hope, Taleworlds wants to make Bannerlord as awesome as they possibly can. But it's a massive project and just finding problems and figuring out how to fix them can take a lot of time. And programming competent AI is some of the hardest programming to do. They'll get there, but it is going be a long wait. We'll probably see big improvements in late spring or early summer next year.

Thankfully we can still enjoy Warband, and a thousand other cool games while we wait :smile:

Back
Top Bottom