2016 U.S. Presidential Elections: The Circus Is In Full Swing

Users who are viewing this thread

Most importantly, this was never about election fraud, as many Republicans themselves are fond of it when it's in their favor. Stop the count!

Having said that, it's mind-blowing for Europeans (incl. the Republican lady representative here) to see how Americans don't have mandatory state IDs and have to improvise those with driver's licenses. How is the DMV the issuing authority for universally required identification papers? This belongs to internal or state dept. You can have mah freedoms even with a state ID.
America for a long time has had a problem with standardizing things, it has been felt that standardizing things is encroaching federal government, even if for the particular issue it makes sense or is far more convenient of a system. Generally and historically speaking, Americans don't like centralized or nationalized things, it's a common thought that it leads to more tyranny. That's why you have such overly complicated things and different requirements and standards all over the country. A lot of people would likely be pissed at the proposal of mandatory IDs. The vast majority of people have driver's licenses, it's not a massive issue for most people. But it's an issue enough among poor minority communities, for example, to cause concern.

What is elections if not standardization par excellence?
Anyway, the main critique is that elections have been held without photo ID requirements, and no voting fraud of importance has been reported. So it just seems redundant to impose it. Especially since it brings down voting. Democratically you'll want the opposite.

What is elections if not standardization par excellence?
Anyway, the main critique is that elections have been held without photo ID requirements, and no voting fraud of importance has been reported. So it just seems redundant to impose it. Especially since it brings down voting. Democratically you'll want the opposite.
It's funny because elections themselves are not standardized in the US.

Also @dijiTurk Biden is old? I had no idea! What an absolute shock, thanks for bringing us this groundbreaking piece of news. Excuse me, I am going to need some time to figure out a way to deal with this revelation.

Also @dijiTurk Biden is old? I had no idea! What an absolute shock, thanks for bringing us this groundbreaking piece of news. Excuse me, I am going to need some time to figure out a way to deal with this revelation.
I didn't see any news about Sanders or Trump that similar to Biden. Maybe it's because of hard working of Biden. But, didn't see any news similar at other presidential candidates.
Please dont get me wrong. Being old is not a problem. Old age is felt much more obvious at Biden as i see. And, as a world citizen, i wonder how it will effect the next election. Which persons will go next election? Who will win? Which president at the US will make relationships with world. And, how they will approach to world problems. All in my interest zone. But, my interest zone is not -interest-ist- zone, only value based.

being old is not a problem for me. its's natural. and, it's cute. (the girl at tweeted-video smiles the cuteness )
events from being old is interesting for me. it can effect next elections.

Last edited:
I didn't see any news about Sanders or Trump that similar to Biden. Maybe it's because of hard working of Biden. But, didn't see any news similar at other presidential candidates.
Please dont get me wrong. Being old is not a problem. Old age is felt much more obvious at Biden as i see. And, as a world citizen, i wonder how it will effect the next election. Which persons will go next election? Who will win? Which president at the US will make relationships with world. And, how they will approach to world problems. All in my interest zone. But, my interest zone is not -interest-ist- zone, only value based.

being old is not a problem for me. its's natural. and, it's cute. (the girl at tweeted-video smiles the cuteness )
events from being old is interesting for me. it can effect next elections.
Wait you mean to tell me that Sanders and Trump are old too? **** me! Where are all these old geezers coming out from. Thank you for sharing these old news.

Well, he was feeling cute and found a random bit of pro-Trump propaganda on the internet to share as "news", because sharing is caring and he has absolutely no brains. Like and subscribe! Or put him on your ignore list like I did.

Why dont you spin my sharings as basic sharing ? :neutral:
Another basic sharing for another news that carry news value. And, it's linked both with topic & common-future.

Furthermore, the US is not a butterfly.
. It's Apache. It's interesting for many. And, my news are being trashy, again..

Some news from US related with many topics at many sides.

Even if it's tabloid news about elections.. News is news, isnt it?

The trial of Kyle Rittenhouse, the infamous state lines crosser, has concluded and the jury is deliberating. I have stocked up 40,000 calories and 30 gallons of water. Come what may :xf-cool:

Which part of guilty did you not understand? (Intimidate)

binger-gun-courtroom.jpg

Guns and demonstrations don't mix.
- Old European proverb

@kurczak What does Legal Big Brain think will be the jury's verdict? I get this defeatist vibes from The Guardian, which means acquittal.

Last edited:
@kurczak What does Legal Big Brain think will be the jury's verdict? I get this defeatist vibes from The Guardian, which means acquittal.
I didn't follow it closely, but all the signs pointed towards acquittal, yes. The one guy who got shot, but survived admitted at the stand that he was the first to point a gun on Rittenhouse, who then took the stand himself, which is generally a bold move for a defendant in a murder case, implying the defense is very confident and playing to kill. I think he did pretty well, the sobbing was a bit strange, not that he did sob, but the way he sobbed, but maybe he's just an awkward sobber. BUT...no verdict after a dayful of deliberation, that's usually not a good sign. Full acquittals tend to be quick, so....the legal instructions the judge gave to the jury on Wisconsin self-defense were pretty complex, they apparently requested written copies.

There was a very weird moment when the prosecution used AI "enhancement" of a blurry footage, where the software simply guesses what the blur is and they used that artificial image as a proof Rittenhouse pointed at Rosenbaum (the first death) first.

Honestly, I would clearly acquit on the second death, for which he faces first degree murder and up to life in prison.
Is that man seriously aiming an AR-15 in court? Jesus Christ.
Yes :LOL: The prosecutor "reenacted" the shooting for the jury with them as the victims/"victims" in the closing speech. American trials are something else.

If they acquit Kyle, I hope he downs a can of Monster and roars "****IN' KILL" before bursting into childlike crying, while his supporters outside start shooting in the air.

But the judge was of course very impartial and fair and balanced. And the one day long jury selection process was also very thorough. I don't see what could possibly go wrong with this! I would also be curious to know how many if the jurors are white but I wasn't really able to find information on that.

Back
Top Bottom