Creating a new clan should be expanded on with more features and more depth

Users who are viewing this thread

CrazyElf

Sergeant
I think that while the new clan feature has been added, there should be a lot more depth added into the game in regards to what a new clan can do.

There is an older mod, Lord from Family that allows for this. It is no longer in development though,

For anyone who has played it though, it allows:

1. For more denars, you could found a higher tier clan. (up to clan tier 6, which needed 2 million denars if memory serves)
  2. Sending companions to join existing clans to bolster their numbers.

Apart from that, you can do other things like give additional fiefs or gold as well.

One flaw of the current system is that it spawns 2 companions, but they are not always of great skill and there is no assurance of one of the opposite gender (to continue the family tree and to continue the clan). Being able to send someone over assures marriages.

That's another point that I think that we need - the ability (especially if as a ruler or a powerful clan) to be able to arrange marriages.

The "new clan" function was a good step in the right direction, but it needs a lot more expansion.

My main issue with NCP's

The problem is that none of them stand out they look different but they all act the same. Same dialogue same actions regardless of traits. A coward and a brave ncp are the same and honourable and dishonourable ncp are the same. It would be good if the traits open up different dialogue options and different available actions like Honourable may give you the ability to offer a duel instead of a mass battle or in battle challenge and leader to duel. Dishonourable may let you hire spies to spread rumours on other lords. The ncps could have and use these abilities. It doesn't have to exactly this but you get my drift.

My main issue with NCP's

The problem is that none of them stand out they look different but they all act the same. Same dialogue same actions regardless of traits. A coward and a brave ncp are the same and honourable and dishonourable ncp are the same. It would be good if the traits open up different dialogue options and different available actions like Honourable may give you the ability to offer a duel instead of a mass battle or in battle challenge and leader to duel. Dishonourable may let you hire spies to spread rumours on other lords. The ncps could have and use these abilities. It doesn't have to exactly this but you get my drift.
Its "NPC".....

Aaand another episode of "modders will take care of this".

There are some features that should be included in my opinion that are in the base game.

My main issue with NCP's

I think that there will need to be more dialogue in the XML options. Right now there are some dialogue differences between the "good" and "evil" characters, but yes, it is too generic overall. It's the only real solution to this problem.

To be honest, this is probably another feature that should be added to this game. At least this one is easier to resolve with modding, but again, there should be at least some more variations in the dialogue of the base game.

One flaw of the current system is that it spawns 2 companions, but they are not always of great skill and there is no assurance of one of the opposite gender (to continue the family tree and to continue the clan). Being able to send someone over assures marriages.
Has anybody seen female spawn in the wanderer's 2 clan members? I've been just using strong brave women to make my new parties, but if they can spawn with female members it would worth re-loading to get them, for more babies in gen 2.

That's another point that I think that we need - the ability (especially if as a ruler or a powerful clan) to be able to arrange marriages.
For sure, we should be able to be match maker and also choose to give or receive our clan members, not just determined by sex.
The "new clan" function was a good step in the right direction, but it needs a lot more expansion.
Agreed, I'm having fun with it, but it seems very bare and rough still.

Has anybody seen female spawn in the wanderer's 2 clan members? I've been just using strong brave women to make my new parties, but if they can spawn with female members it would worth re-loading to get them, for more babies in gen 2.

For sure, we should be able to be match maker and also choose to give or receive our clan members, not just determined by sex.

Agreed, I'm having fun with it, but it seems very bare and rough still.

I think that we should have the game automatically spawn the 2 backup companions in the opposite gender of the companion assigned.

Otherwise, for now, it's best to use females to create a new clan with.

I always found it weird that they named them "clans", and not something that sounds more authentically medieval like a "house" or "family" but I suppose they had to make it clear enough for their target audience the COD consoletards to comprehend the concept. (watch me get muted for a month for saying "consoletards")

I think that we should have the game automatically spawn the 2 backup companions in the opposite gender of the companion assigned.

Otherwise, for now, it's best to use females to create a new clan with.
Yeah I agree and I've had some improvement with making all female clan leaders, meaning a bit more couple/babies being made. One thing I didn't know right away was how powerful the female clan leader marrying (taking) male lords form normal clans can be. I also think it would be fun to have policy that man can marry lower class women, so if you notice in you game there's juts not enough woman, you pass it and you faction can get wives from the common people.

also why is this not in the suggestions subforum?
So it can be discussed more. People know if they post in suggestions they get like none or 1 response usually.

I always found it weird that they named them "clans", and not something that sounds more authentically medieval like a "house" or "family" but I suppose they had to make it clear enough for their target audience the COD consoletards to comprehend the concept. (watch me get muted for a month for saying "consoletards")
Hah ah you know if they called it your House people would expect to build a house then too ?
"Bannerlord with no banners, my family house with no family HOUSE?".

So it can be discussed more. People know if they post in suggestions they get like none or 1 response usually.
Yeah that's.. true. I recall a time before the "suggestions" subforum was pushed into the deepest, darkest and least accessible corners of the forum, when it was still visible on the main site, even being more active than the individual SP or MP subforums. Well I guess it speaks to utterly unneeded changes no one asked for turning out garbage almost all the time just because some forum editor or whomever had too much time on his hands.
"Bannerlord with no banners, my family house with no family HOUSE?".
The accidental but also laughably poetic irony that is "Bannerlord" can be interpreted as a commentary on the game's situation:
- The first half representing half of the game that was supposed to be there but isn't and likely never will be, in that banners aren't implemented in game,
- whereas the second half stands for all features that exist but are so half-arsed and boring you might as well drill into your own skull, in that you can by a technicality become a "lord" but at that point you want to off yourself off the nearest cliff with the knowledge of having wasted real life hours on such an unenjoyable and meaningless piece of garbage weighing down on you.

TW: *new feature added*

Forum: "that should be expanded on with more depth"

TW: *smacks forehead*

rinse... repeat...

TW: *new feature added*

Forum: "that should be expanded on with more depth"

TW: *smacks forehead*

rinse... repeat...

At this point, there isn't much in the base feature unfortunately.

The game pretty much forces the use of a female clan head, unless you don't want the clan to have kids and continue, and limits you to only the 1 companion to start, with no option to add future companions.

There's also no real way to advance the clan upwards.

It's a necessary feature sure, but it's clear that it's missing a lot.

Yeah I agree and I've had some improvement with making all female clan leaders, meaning a bit more couple/babies being made. One thing I didn't know right away was how powerful the female clan leader marrying (taking) male lords form normal clans can be. I also think it would be fun to have policy that man can marry lower class women, so if you notice in you game there's juts not enough woman, you pass it and you faction can get wives from the common people.

There are some decent female companions out there (the companions are all based on templates), but yes, overall we do need more options.

The only other option is to use a mod to edit the gender of some companions.

At this point, there isn't much in the base feature unfortunately.

The game pretty much forces the use of a female clan head, unless you don't want the clan to have kids and continue, and limits you to only the 1 companion to start, with no option to add future companions.

There's also no real way to advance the clan upwards.

It's a necessary feature sure, but it's clear that it's missing a lot.

There are some decent female companions out there (the companions are all based on templates), but yes, overall we do need more options.

The only other option is to use a mod to edit the gender of some companions.
Why should a powerful faction leader agree to marry his daughter off to another clan, the lesser important character should join the important character's clan, the gender of the characters should have no influence about this.

Why should a powerful faction leader agree to marry his daughter off to another clan, the lesser important character should join the important character's clan, the gender of the characters should have no influence about this.

If we're looking for historic precedence... the woman is being traded like property between the two men (father, and future husband). Usually as the icing on the cake for some sort of agreement between the two men - be it an alliance, or peace, or something else. The only time the woman being traded stayed with her own was when she was the ruler, and even then sometimes her new husband took her throne - almost how it works in-game (with the exception of the loss of the throne)

It would be nice if a marriage was an option in peace negotiations...

If we're looking for historic precedence... the woman is being traded like property between the two men (father, and future husband). Usually as the icing on the cake for some sort of agreement between the two men - be it an alliance, or peace, or something else. The only time the woman being traded stayed with her own was when she was the ruler, and even then sometimes her new husband took her throne - almost how it works in-game (with the exception of the loss of the throne)

It would be nice if a marriage was an option in peace negotiations...
This is a game, not the real world.
The Devs should add options to keep female clan members in the clan after marriage for player and AI, the gender of a character should have no influence who leaves the clan.

Some clans can die out because they have only women left and their clan leader is a infertile 45 year old woman, if they would allow matrilineal marriages for all females, this clans would have a chance of surviving.

Or make marriages based on importance of the characters, by checking their clan tiers.

And your argument that they don't attack you after you have a marriage alliance is not in the game.
Currently they will take your female clan members and declare a war against your faction at the same day.

I had this happen with the southern empire, have my little brother married with Ira, who joined my clan and after one month, the southern empire declares war.

Last edited:
This is a game, not the real world.
Right, not as if it's a one on one copy of a simplified medieval europe, can't even tell where they got the inspiration for all that extraterrestrial armour, huh. No no, this is a game that shouldn't have to conform to such materialistic things as "historicalities" and "biologisms" or "sociologisms", what is it trying to be? Believable?

Back
Top Bottom