I'm curious why people's don't care about dynamic weather, day/night cycle,Enlighten?

Users who are viewing this thread

YES,I don't like the mixture of East and West, not pure.
That´s what he said:

mgid:arc:content:shared.southpark.gsa.de:1a322037-6e62-4b48-ae04-05828d034f96

Regarding the weather impact on troops and combat effectiveness, I think that it could be implemented in a not too difficult way (only speaking about mechanics, not the graphic part).
We already have seasons and different type of environments (desert, mountain, forest, etc...).
Once the encounter starts, the game would take the following factors into consideration : terrain, season + month of the season, troops culture.
And then penalty could be applied to the different skills, morale etc...
Some rough examples:
First month of spring, plain => windy => penalty in riding and athletics + penalty for all range skills
Winter, mountain => snow => penalty in riding and athletics, morale penalty to Aserai type troops.
Summer, desert => penalty to morale for Sturgia type troops.
This kind of mechanics could offer more strategic options and challenges to the player.

[EDIT]
And of course TW could add an option to activate/deactivate it.

So do I, especially the fire in Three Kingdoms. It's just that Total War is mechanically much more suited than Bannerlord for this. It also has stamina system that the weather affects a lot. I guess we can do the wind thing based on the archer's tier. A higher tier archer AI can take wind into account while low tier archer AI doesn't.

Then again it's back to the AI, yes. Thankfully wind wouldn't kill framerate the way a forest fire or flood would.

I think it could work, the problem is Bannerlord's AI is garbage, the game is buggy and the devs don't want to implement anything even remotely challenging (because they are appeasing a different more casual group of people). We are missing out on a lot of potentially awesome stuff because of the limitations of this "new" engine and code.

I think it could work, the problem is Bannerlord's AI is garbage, the game is buggy and the devs don't want to implement anything even remotely challenging (because they are appeasing a different more casual group of people). We are missing out on a lot of potentially awesome stuff because of the limitations of this "new" engine and code.
Not to mention the limitations of consoles

In a perfect world we could imagine an AI actually reacting to the environment...
But it seems quite a lot of work for something that part (most?) of the players will just do not care about.
So a penalty to combat skill could be a simple and effective workaround ?‍♀️

Of all the things that need fixing right now, weather isn't exactly top 10. Maybe they'll have time to look into it once the more pressing issues have been solved.

In a perfect world we could imagine an AI actually reacting to the environment...
But it seems quite a lot of work for something that part (most?) of the players will just do not care about.
So a penalty to combat skill could be a simple and effective workaround ?‍♀️
I think most people would care for it if they thought it was possible.

And just a penalty without any reason why, or visible? I don't think it would take much effort--at least on a working AI--to have some wind effects and then maybe an icon in battle (small) showing that it is windy (and thus giving you a penalty).

the devs don't want to implement anything even remotely challenging (because they are appeasing a different more casual group of people)
I think what's important about that is clarity of rules. In (newer) Total War we always get told with popups that certain terrains/weather affects certain things. I don't think Bannerlord is doing enough of that. The "people think it's a bug" might have happened because of this too.

IIRC Taleworlds specifically removed the penalties when a lot of players reported that feature as a bug. ?
A result of lack of understanding and explanation...
And just a penalty without any reason why, or visible? I don't think it would take much effort--at least on a working AI--to have some wind effects and then maybe an icon in battle (small) showing that it is windy (and thus giving you a penalty).
I was just suggesting something about the mechanics, but I completely agree with you.
The game has to tell the player what is going on (icon, wind effect etc...) otherwise it will be considered as a bug... (see above)
I think what's important about that is clarity of rules. In (newer) Total War we always get told with popups that certain terrains/weather affects certain things. I don't think Bannerlord is doing enough of that. The "people think it's a bug" might have happened because of this too.
This +1

Good point, that's also very true. A lot more would be understood with a bit more clarity. Even an icon in the top left/right screen, or some information before the battle starts telling you so and so. In fact, it goes a long way with everything else, too.

Who can tell me what TW company is doing? Do you really want to surprise us or just fish at work? Or did they actually do a lot, and what we discussed here actually exists, just to surprise us, or did they not do it at all? So this game engine should be very powerful for so long? It should not only be version 1.4, but should be version 2.0 in 2021. As for the mod tool, should it be very stable? Should new technologies be added? I'm really curious about what has taken so long to improve。What's the technical strength of their programmers? They should be very powerful, right? So what happened to those bugs, even very childish and low-end bugs?
What has worn away my patience? Is progress slow? No, the time is out of proportion to the results. I think it's time for TW to prove its strength. Version 1.66 must be a big update. Don't let us down and give us some confidence!
It is reported that Jali is an innovative technology in cyberpunk 2077 to generate character facial animation and mouth synchronization.
The most satisfying thing in the game is blood particles, which is very real.
I want to ask how high the impact of volume cloud and dynamic weather will have on the game. If we set the highest setting of 2000 people, is it possible to add these new images and new technologies?

Last edited:
Who can tell me what TW company is doing?
Broadly speaking they are doing this.
They also mentioned they would release quicker minor updates like 1.6.6 with minor changes and they are saving bigger features for releases like 1.7. So don't expect much from 1.6.6, but expect more from 1.7 and 1.8.
Is progress slow? No, the time is out of proportion to the results.
Most people here agree with this and speculate the reasons might be poor management and/or not enough skilled developers.

Broadly speaking they are doing this.
They also mentioned they would release quicker minor updates like 1.6.6 with minor changes and they are saving bigger features for releases like 1.7. So don't expect much from 1.6.6, but expect more from 1.7 and 1.8.

Most people here agree with this and speculate the reasons might be poor management and/or not enough skilled developers.
No, no, don't break my fantasy, I know, I know. I have read more than 2000 pages of discussion and repeated countless logs and blogs. I know, I just don't want to accept some reality. Tw company's position in my heart is different from other games. It really satisfies my fantasies about the middle ages, which is too important. Tw company is one of the best game companies in Turkey, And it is also close to western countries. Isn't it easy to introduce talents?. I don't think their technicians' technical level is not good, which is unscientific. I know too little about the engine. Is it really difficult to add or modify it?

Last edited:
And it is also close to western countries. Isn't it easy to introduce talents?. I don't think their technicians' technical level is not good, which is unscientific. I know too little about the engine. Is it really difficult to add or modify it?
Apparently they have trouble hiring skilled people and Turkish salaries are low for the Western world.
Some of these jobs were available for a year already.

Apparently they have trouble hiring skilled people and Turkish salaries are low for the Western world.

There are a lot of programmers missing
no way out. Nothing can be done well without money. TW company should be very rich. Just give more money. We all know that we hire talents with high salaries. It's impossible to have less money than our developing countries

I forgot to say that when I enter the town, From above,there are always many big black squares . What's the reason? There are also small snowflake like particles on the wall of the city wall. In addition, why does the red boundary of the town separate the town?

Last edited:
Especially if it is paid in Turkish lira... Conjoncture is far from being favorable for a calm and efficient development...
There are a lot of programmers missing
no way out. Nothing can be done well without money. TW company should be very rich. Just give more money. We all know that we hire talents with high salaries. It's impossible to have less money than our developing countries

I forgot to say that when I enter the town, From above,there are always many big black squares . What's the reason? There are also small snowflake like particles on the wall of the city wall. In addition, why does the red boundary of the town separate the town?
Yeah, there are still plenty of small glitches here and there, I guess it will be addressed post-released.

Back
Top Bottom