Multiplayer is dead, and TaleWorlds killed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Why did everyone played warband? Cause of the community and the mods, this will be the same with bannerlord
I played a thousand hours of warband in the beta, before any mods were made. Sure, might've been the community, but what made me want to play warband sure wasn't the mods. The mods were extra spice and variety to an already enjoyable game. Base game is way more important than mods will ever be.

Why did everyone played warband? Cause of the community and the mods, this will be the same with bannerlord
Warband's vanilla Mp was actually fun though, I didn't like the combat but it was still an entertaining fun experience All they had to do for Bannerlord was improve upon what was already there and somehow they have produced one of the worst multiplayers I've ever played

I played a thousand hours of warband in the beta, before any mods were made. Sure, might've been the community, but what made me want to play warband sure wasn't the mods. The mods were extra spice and variety to an already enjoyable game. Base game is way more important than mods will ever be.
True, mods were extra spices to the game, but I still believe without the community, warband would be dead with custom maps and events all brought warband to life. Warband was a unique game at the time, but now with bannerlord, it's different.
Warband's vanilla Mp was actually fun though, I didn't like the combat but it was still an entertaining fun experience All they had to do for Bannerlord was improve upon what was already there and somehow they have produced one of the worst multiplayers I've ever played
I didn't mind the combat, sure it was basic but it worked well, bannerlord feels a bit weird to me and doesn't feel right. I think the problem with bannerlord is that, it's a game where they try to fit in with today's mp games. Whereas warband, was a unique game, it was different, simple but great.

I think the problem with bannerlord is that, it's a game where they try to fit in with today's mp games. Whereas warband, was a unique game, it was different, simple but great.
Yeah 100%, I keep saying this for SP, they're trying to make the game easily accessible for new audiences, sadly it's only for more income and it's impacted the game massively in a bad way

Mods will prevail at least

Still get nostalgic from that beta, didnt get access to the multiplayer one but damn I sunk way too many hours into it

My first 200 hours in Warband was in native, didn't even know mods existed for it. I get what you mean though, and hopefully the modders for Bannerlord stop abandoning their projects (because of TW), so that it can reach that same level. I really do hope that.

The real question is, can it be revived? My guess is no, or at least not revived in any significant capacity.
It can most definitly. I don't agree thats the real question though. I think the question is: does TW deem it worthwile to give enough resources to the MP team. At the moment it can be revived but it won't with the way things are going. ? Sorry Terco for stealing your violin

They definitely could give the resources to the team if they wanted, but evidently MP seems to be their lowest priority.
What would happen if the resources were available? Would this actually change anything for the better? The past two years show how all the community feedback has ended up in the trash can. BL MP will never be good if this continues, and even the most stubborn soul will be driven away at some point.

What would happen if the resources were available? Would this actually change anything for the better? The past two years show how all the community feedback has ended up in the trash can. BL MP will never be good if this continues, and even the most stubborn soul will be driven away at some point.
People are pretty stubborn, the siege server has been crashing every round relentlessly and im still seeing the server almost full every night, genuinely surprised people arent just waiting for a patch

People are pretty stubborn, the siege server has been crashing every round relentlessly and im still seeing the server almost full every night, genuinely surprised people arent just waiting for a patch
Well it is a lot of fun tbh. But at some point.. Less players will come back.. Its a disgrace, cant say anything else about it

[...] ? Sorry Terco for stealing your violin
The sad violin sound is still applicable to Bannerlord, use it at will no problem :lol:? . Also let me point out the use that can be made of the ?:iamamoron: that sounds like this... very useful for commenting about wtfs derivatives of The Bannerlord experience.

I think No Man's Sky proved trying after failure can be beneficial and successful.
That's true, but I simply don't see TW dramatically changing their development, pace, or plans. Only the modders could do something at this point. Plus No Man's Sky got much more of the backlash it deserved than this game did, the criticism is in a corner and shunned whenever mentioned outside of spaces like these.
Nah, I moved on from bannerlord, spent the 30 euros at the start, spent over 67 hours, now I play MMORPG or Warband. Don't think I will ever return to bannerlord.
Yeah, I'm doubting that I'll ever try the MP again or hope for its redemption. If mods can't fix the SP then I might just permanently stay away from that too.

That's true, but I simply don't see TW dramatically changing their development, pace, or plans. Only the modders could do something at this point. Plus No Man's Sky got much more of the backlash it deserved than this game did, the criticism is in a corner and shunned whenever mentioned outside of spaces like these.

Yeah, I'm doubting that I'll ever try the MP again or hope for its redemption. If mods can't fix the SP then I might just permanently stay away from that too.

Oh yea, that's a different thing altogether and agree that it is unlikely to occur. I'll have hope until the end of this year though. If nothing big changes by then, I'll know it's quits.

Back
Top Bottom