Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2021-01-14_21.05.59_00000000000000000000000000000000
Considering that after i updated the old thread but it got manually moved to the subforum resolved issues a few days later. I'm forced to make a new thread.

Summary: Every time when i go explore a batannia castle the game crashes. When i click on explore the castle everything works fine at first, i can see the castle but the moment i walk to close to the gate the screen becomes white and the game crashes. This only happens with battania castles, battannia cities are fine and also city and castles of other cultures are fine.

The error message that i usually get is:
Direct3D 11 device has been removed or reset. Please restart the game.
Unknown error 0x887A0006
Last Executed Marker: Only supported with nVidia GPU and Windows 10

I have reinstalled the game
I have reinstalled the video card driver and updated it
I have directx 11 installed
i have verified the steam game files
I have turned image sharpening off in the nVidia control panel

I did find out something new.
If i walk into the castle backwards the game actually doesnt crash at the gate, but when i turn around the game crashes immediately. I suspect that a object inside the castle gives trouble and the moment my computer tries to render/load this object the game crashes. Walking backwards has a limit while it doesnt crash at the gate, the game crashed if i follow the path further backwards around 10/20 meters further.

I tried it on the latest main and beta patch 1.5.6/1.5.7 and it still crashes

link to the old thread: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...ploring-batannia-castles.420948/#post-9609730

Unfortunately, there was a problem with our crash uploader system. Because of it, we were not able to log some of the crash dumps we received from the last two days. And we can't access to your dump files. Would you mind reproducing it and uploading it again?

Sure, the only good thing about the problem is that it is easy to reproduce
New dump file code is:
2021-01-15_22.41.10_00000000000000000000000000000000

What we see is same with your error message (DIRECT3D 11 DEVICE HAS BEEN REMOVED), do you have an integrated GPU that you might be switching into? What is the full PC Specs?

I have no integrated GPU that the computer can switch too i only have the geforce GT 740 inside mine computer.

Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 740
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) x4 860K Quad core processor 3.70 GHz
RAM: 8GB
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD

But is it not strange that it only happens at one specific castle type?. With the rest of the game i have zero graphical problems. And my GPU still meets the minimum system requirements for the game,,..

All the batannia's starting castles: Ab Comer castle, Lianoc Hen castle, Flintolg castle, Uthelaim castle, Rhemtoil castle, Druimmor castle, Aster castle, Pendraic castle.
Do note that the batannia castles all share the same model(only difference is the wall tier)
There are no problems with batannia cities nor any problem with cities and castles of other cultures

Its also strange that walking outside the walls of these castles while exploring the castle is totally ok. its only when i come to close to the gate and try to go inside that it crashes. It also instantly crashes if i leave the inner keep through the door,to ouside because it needs to load immediately the inside of the castle grounds instead of spawning outside the castle walls.

And lastly a other importent finding: I can play the sieges on these castles without any problem or crashes. For example If i explore Lianoc Hen castle and come to close to the gate it crashes but when i play a siege battle on this castle with for example custom battle, i experience no problem and can explore the entire castle grounds without any problem during the siege
So maybe there is some object or mesh on the castle grounds that gives problems but does not exist on the siege version of castle?

Unfortunately, the game can't run as intended on GPU's with less than 2GB memory. You can try to lowering performance settings. I would suggest setting the resolution scale to 90 for a start.
Forwarded the castle names, thanks!

The Geforce GT 740 that i have has 2 gb memory..This has been confirmed on the information page on geforce/ on my computer and in the game itself. So i dont know why you are convinced that i have not enough memory....

Did you get it fixed? I was having the same error as you: Unknown error 0x887A0006
After many months i have reinstalled the game and tried it out today and to my suprise they did fix it(I have the current beta installed, 1.6.5). The game doesnt crash anymore at battannia castles for me,
I finally can play a battania campaign

Back
Top Bottom