Tutorial: Adding deaths / losses (STUNNING!! I ALMOST DIED!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

I just wish they made an option to choose if I wanna see MY deaths and losses. That's my statistic, I could do it manually if I wanted to, I should be able to see it.
It's a good suggestion / compromise but as usual, a thing some people seem to deny happens, they will not listen to things like that.

The silver lining to this is that your digging reveals that some of the worst changes that have been made havent been hardcoded in and once some actual competent members of the community get their hands on the game they will be able to undo many of these changes in whatever mod we are forced to play multiplayer on.

I tried to copy/paste the dll file to Win64_Shipping_Client folder, but for some reason it didn't work and game just crashed when launching. I got it working when I did it manually as you instructed. Just for your information.

Anyways huge thanks!

I tried to copy/paste the dll file to Win64_Shipping_Client folder, but for some reason it didn't work and game just crashed when launching. I got it working when I did it manually as you instructed. Just for your information.

Anyways huge thanks!
the losses one or the leaderboard

Leaderboard. The losses worked just fine when replaced
k i fixed it.

The silver lining to this is that your digging reveals that some of the worst changes that have been made havent been hardcoded in and once some actual competent members of the community get their hands on the game they will be able to undo many of these changes in whatever mod we are forced to play multiplayer on.
Depends if they change the modifiers at some point, but generally leaderboard would be a thing that you leave open to modding, i would be honestly very surprised if they decided to not let us mod that. It would for sure be a big trouble for mods like Kingdoms or any persistent mods.

The whole losses thingy would be mostly in taleworlds hands though, as they could just simply not send the losses anymore in the PlayerData from their database. If they do that i don't see any way to go around that. Doesn't prevent a supposedly mod that improves upon native to take that database role from taleworlds though

Depends if they change the modifiers at some point, but generally leaderboard would be a thing that you leave open to modding, i would be honestly very surprised if they decided to not let us mod that. It would for sure be a big trouble for mods like Kingdoms or any persistent mods.
I throw "general" gaming practices out the window when it comes to Taleworlds because they have done nothing recently to show we can just assume that all will be as expected

Hell, from what we saw in the modding livestream last year its possible we wont even be able to import custom maps into multiplayer mods.

Anyways huge thanks!
k i fixed it.
Actually I don't know what you fixed, but the reason why it didn't work for me was that Windows doesn't trust your file and was blocking it (lol).

NnizD75.png

The text in the box says something like: "This file is from another PC, and it's blocked for your protection." It works after you allow it.

Actually I don't know what you fixed, but the reason why it didn't work for me was that Windows doesn't trust your file and was blocking it (lol).

NnizD75.png

The text in the box says something like: "This file is from another PC, and it's blocked for your protection." It works after you allow it.
It actually does the same to me when i tried to upload it, windows loves false positives. Also when i downloaded it, it did have an error though now i am not sure if i was opening that file or another dll of the same name lmao. anyway it works

It actually does the same to me when i tried to upload it, windows loves false positives. Also when i downloaded it, it did have an error though now i am not sure if i was opening that file or another dll of the same name lmao. anyway it works
I guess the other dll file works fine without any hiccups is because it was packed

DLLs are just great ways to import virusses thus windows doesn't trust them without an extra interaction, fair I would say.

Today for the first time my TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.dll got blocked while I was playing tdm. That was the crash reason I got mid game.
Followed your guide and made changes myself(just for tdm). Gonna check if it's still happening or if it was some random unrelated crash.

Today for the first time my TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.dll got blocked while I was playing tdm. That was the crash reason I got mid game.
Followed your guide and made changes myself(just for tdm). Gonna check if it's still happening or if it was some random unrelated crash.
Blocked by battleye?

Not sure. If the window looks kinda similiar like normal crash I might have had not noticed. Next time if it happens I'll make screenshot. But it seems it wasnt problem with this 'mod' itself as whole server crashed.

Just posted for those interested that they might want to give it a day or so before continuing using it. Not sure how bans might get handled in this case

Edit: Didnt have same thing happen again. False alarm. Seems it was just serv crash.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom