Resolved Scene Editor Main_map crashing in 1.6.5 if loaded from a mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e.1.6.5
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded
Having unresolved crashes on my modded worldmap, I decided to rebuild it from Sandbox Main-map step by step to isolate the problem. So, on 1.6.5, I copied Sandbox Main_map into my mod and tried to load it in game (unmodded) as Main_map from there (no harmony, no MapFix etc). It crashed while compiling shaders according to the RGL log. I had no problem doing this in 1.6.4. In 1.6.4. saving Main_map in my mod copied across Main_map's compressed_shader_cache.sack but this didn't copy across with the 1.6.5 editor. @Murat Türe previously advised the absence of a compressed_shader_cache.sack would slow loading but couldn't cause crashes. Either that's changed or something else was the cause.
Next I copied Main_map's compressed_shader_cache.sack across manually and tried again. This resulted in a second crash slightly further on in the RGL log game initialisation.
In both cases the RGL blames an unknown module and unknown source when I'm only loading the unmodded Vanilla map. The mod it was loaded from has no custom code and is only used for editing worldmaps. None of its custom textures or assets were involved in loading Main_map as they are only used on different worldmaps.
As previously I was unable to load the crash dumps so I have uploaded them to MediaFire on these links:

EDIT - I used the editor to create a clean new module and copied Sandbox Main_map into it. This time it copied the compressed_shader_cache.sack without me having to do it manually and the game loaded without problems. This suggests that some unused texture or asset having been loaded without being required may be responsible. I will investigate further but any insight from the crash logs would be useful.

Further Edit: OK my mistake. The crashes were because my mod had my worldmap's settlements.xml and settlements_distance_cache.bin in its ModuleData folder - @Dejan please mark this as resolved.
BTW our 1.6.5 map crashes were caused by Town Manager Scripts, which were harmless on 1.6.0. Our worldmap loads fine into 1.6.5 without them. Saving any map as Main_map from the editor must kick in some hardcoded process, which seems to disable the material layers. I've been side-stepping this using modded_main_map so long that I hadn't previously realised it was an editor process - assumed it occurred in game.

Last edited:
So do I need to copy the Sandbox Main_map to my custom module, and then use the "MapFix.txt" to pull my custom map?
Aurielian's Mapfix is a Harmony mod, which overrides main_map_physics_heightmap to ensure parties stand on the ground of your custom campaign map, rather than being forced to stand above or below it depending on Calradia's terrain contours. Look at the first pin in #bl-scenes of the Mount & Blade modding discord. You might also want to check out these notes re 1.6.5 https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/world-mapping-for-bannerlord.432974/post-9759243

Aurielian's Mapfix is a Harmony mod, which overrides main_map_physics_heightmap to ensure parties stand on the ground of your custom campaign map, rather than being forced to stand above or below it depending on Calradia's terrain contours. Look at the first pin in #bl-scenes of the Mount & Blade modding discord. You might also want to check out these notes re 1.6.5 https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/world-mapping-for-bannerlord.432974/post-9759243
Okay im familiar with it. I'll followed the steps but i may have missed something bc it still crashes. What I ended up doing was placing a COPY of the settlement_cache in my moduledata folder as well as leaving the original in the SandBox/ModuleData folder and it worked perfectly fine(1.6.4)

Okay im familiar with it. I'll followed the steps but i may have missed something bc it still crashes. What I ended up doing was placing a COPY of the settlement_cache in my moduledata folder as well as leaving the original in the SandBox/ModuleData folder and it worked perfectly fine(1.6.4)
Unmodded the game looks at settlements.xml in your mod's ModuleData and the settlements distance cache in Sandbox/ModuleData and crashes it they don't match.

Back
Top Bottom