disappointing about the game..

Users who are viewing this thread

Today I realized my character's governer and captain perks has no effect at all..

I was never get into the town managment from my old gameplays. and after starting again the game since 1 week, I just realized they aren't effective in my character.. after all the grinding for to idea that would increase my town prosperitiy and loyality.. darn.

and there is one too, in my humble opinion this game has lots of opinion lackness on the diplomacy. and it's highly effect the gameplay and thus game become more primitive.. Developers can look to popular mod websites to realized what is missing on the game.

I wonder when the game would be fully released. it is still fun though.

Edit: Also lack of battle commanding is a disappointing too, while the AI lords can use many tactics, I can't even give command my cavalry to invade their ranged units. pff.

Last edited:
Yeah that happened to me too lol
In my opinion some of the perks need some serious rework, like high level charm perks that both give bonus to only governor is a serious eye sore and discouraging. Perks Moral leader/Naturel leader
There should be always a bonus to the main character even if the bonus primarily applies to gov/captain (Maybe a % of the bonus)
For diplomacy, i am using the diplomacy mod and for cav, if i don't care so much about micromanaging i would give the command to a sergeant in the heat of the battle. F6

The captain perks do apply when you are a captain.

I’m of two minds of the governor perks. 1st is allow you assign yourself as the governor of one place still, even as you are running around the map.

The second is to allow you to retire your character and take over a younger family member sooner (this may have been implemented. Still getting up to speed on a few changes). That way the efforts do go wasted, and you can retain a powerful character as an administrator after they are done fighting wars for 10-15 years

Yeah it's a disappointment, many people finish the game still assuming their captain perks were doing something the whole time.

The captain perks do apply when you are a captain.
TBC this is when you join another lord's army and are set as the captain of a formation. It's unclear if this will change much with the order of battle update, but for now it's a very niche situation.

I’m of two minds of the governor perks. 1st is allow you assign yourself as the governor of one place still, even as you are running around the map.
Yes I also think this would be good, 1 fief, place a "minister" that is your proxy (for immersion) and lets you use your governor perks.

The second is to allow you to retire your character and take over a younger family member sooner (this may have been implemented. Still getting up to speed on a few changes). That way the efforts do go wasted, and you can retain a powerful character as an administrator after they are done fighting wars for 10-15 years
This too is something I want! I would also be really nice to tag out with a clan member, particularly a future heir to help get them prepared before you tale over as them. It would be nice to switch back to the original MC if needed, but an early permanent switch would be good too!

Both these ideas have been brought up in similar topics and seem popular, but I'm not sure we ever got a response from TW yet.

People need to learn to like the game, babies...

TW's has added tons of features, the sheep textures alone are enough for hours of sustained fun.

high level charm perks that both give bonus to only governor is a serious eye sore and discouraging.
Lets be honest here... All of the charm perks are useless.

Apart from the level 50 ones (for the early game) that help you raise your clan tier, level 75 and level 225 parade for the town loyalty (but then there is the question of why you even bothered putting focus points in charm at all).

All of the others are pointless because they all give influence and to have to unlock them so far up in the perk tree... by the time you get there, you will already have more influence than you could ever use
The ones that boosts positive/prevent negative relationship with lords are pointless because you just spam the "support clan" button with your excess influence or just vote for settlement decisions.

I honestly hope they rework that whole tree

Lets be honest here... All of the charm perks are useless.

Apart from the level 50 ones (for the early game) that help you raise your clan tier, level 75 and level 225 parade for the town loyalty (but then there is the question of why you even bothered putting focus points in charm at all).

All of the others are pointless because they all give influence and to have to unlock them so far up in the perk tree... by the time you get there, you will already have more influence than you could ever use
The ones that boosts positive/prevent negative relationship with lords are pointless because you just spam the "support clan" button with your excess influence or just vote for settlement decisions.

I honestly hope they rework that whole tree
I feel like they're going to because it seems it was finished before the decision to have double effects on all the perks. And agree there should be no governor only perks because anybody may be called to field a party. Unless they radically re-made the skill/perks and had like a branch for just governor or such.

They just have to allow the player to become governor of 1 fief and then most of the governor perks are fine..
I swear I've seen some AI lords are running a party and being a governor at the same time, not too sure though

Would you be a tortoise or would you be a hare?

One runs fast for short time, the other is slow and steady. You can't be both. Perks are the same. The perks aren't all for your character - you're building a clan. Sure it means some perks are a waste under some circumstances. But then you've never seen a hare with a shell either.

*shrug*

I do agree with the OP about battlefield orders tho. It's my only bugbear. But mostly, I've worked my way around it now... Just means a lot of micro, and not getting yourself killed while running distraction.

Last edited:
Would you be a tortoise or would you be a hare?

One runs fast for short time, the other is slow and steady. You can't be both. Perks are the same. The perks aren't all for your character - you're building a clan. Sure it means some perks are a waste under some circumstances. But then you've never seen a hare with a shell either.

*shrug*
But a video game isn't suppose to be about the npc it's about you and how you play and your enjoyment. Perks that only npcs can use is very strange and I honestly can't think of another video game I've seen doing this before. It's fine to give npcs perks but why are they given as a selection for the player because they're essentially just fluff. They serve no purpose and it's pretty evident that many players have no idea that they can't be used by the player. This is just another thing that shows that TW is very amateur when it comes to developing video games.

But a video game isn't suppose to be about the npc it's about you and how you play and your enjoyment. Perks that only npcs can use is very strange and I honestly can't think of another video game I've seen doing this before. It's fine to give npcs perks but why are they given as a selection for the player because they're essentially just fluff. They serve no purpose and it's pretty evident that many players have no idea that they can't be used by the player. This is just another thing that shows that TW is very amateur when it comes to developing video games.

The video game gives you rewards for managing your NPCs. They may not be your primary character, but they are yours. All of the perks serve a purpose - it's just that some of the purposes aren't for the player's main character, but for their supporting characters. Some require specific circumstances to work and they may not use them much, but when they do, they're handy. That's how leadership and teams work - which TW have clearly thought about, seeing as some of their perks are literally based on leadership of teams, and others are based on being a member of a team.

Certainly there are some perks that are less valuable than others. But some haven't even been implemented, so I'm going to assume they're all some degree of WIP. Doesn't seem that difficult to me *shrug*

The video game gives you rewards for managing your NPCs. They may not be your primary character, but they are yours. All of the perks serve a purpose - it's just that some of the purposes aren't for the player's main character, but for their supporting characters. Some require specific circumstances to work and they may not use them much, but when they do, they're handy. That's how leadership and teams work - which TW have clearly thought about, seeing as some of their perks are literally based on leadership of teams, and others are based on being a member of a team.

Certainly there are some perks that are less valuable than others. But some haven't even been implemented, so I'm going to assume they're all some degree of WIP. Doesn't seem that difficult to me *shrug*
The entire game is a work in progress.

The most disappointing is that the mod that fixes SIEGE doesn't work anymore! Dammit TW!
6S_tZ.jpg

Both these ideas have been brought up in similar topics and seem popular, but I'm not sure we ever got a response from TW yet.
If it's any help, I believe their Future Plans say that we will get the ability to retire the active MC.
Of course, we will also be working on maintaining, balancing and improving all of the existing singleplayer features and content. This is including further AI fixes and improvements, for sieges in particular, as well as, a continued effort to improve performance across the board. This extends to the polishing of any newly introduced content, such as War & Peace reasons, and balancing existing mechanics like Birth & Death rates, skill experience gains, and armour effectiveness. It also covers the addition of smaller mechanics, like an AI death chance in simulation battles, an option to respec perks, and the ability to retire the active main character.

Hopefully "retiring" doesn't actually end the playthrough, and transfers your playthrough to another clan member. In the context they've used it, it seems like the latter, thankfully.

In my opinion some of the perks need some serious rework
"Some"? I think, the whole perk system as it is now should be revised. I mean, even the placement itself is a bit questionable - I do not understand how are the perks divided at all. You may level up your one-handed mastery, choosing perks for damage, and stuff, and suddenly you may stumble upon something like "Village hearth grow is now 2% bigger". "Is that a Steward branch?" you may think... but nah.

And some branches are almost impossible to level up. Engineering is one of the hardest, I suppose. It can only be levelled up during the sieges. You build some stuff in towns and castles? Oh, who cares. The greatest builders of all times mastered their art by making Onagers and Ballistas!

Hopefully "retiring" doesn't actually end the playthrough, and transfers your playthrough to another clan member. In the context they've used it, it seems like the latter, thankfully.
I'm thinking it will be the same as retiring in Warband, which was basically giving you an end-of-game screen.

Back
Top Bottom