Which culture is most in need of armor/clothing model variety?

Which cultures need more armor/clothing variety? (You can pick two.)

• Aserai

Votes: 23 19.3%
  • Battania

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Empire

Votes: 43 36.1%
  • Khuzait

Votes: 16 13.4%
  • Sturgia

Votes: 20 16.8%
  • Vlandia

Votes: 64 53.8%
  • None; the existing variety is good enough

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

five bucks

Knight at Arms
When Taleworlds added new Battanian armor pieces, I saw people say that other factions need armor more.

What are your thoughts?
What culture needs armor/clothing variety the most?
Do they need head, shoulder, torso, arm or leg pieces?
Should the type of armor be high quality, mid quality or low quality?

Or is the armor variety in the game good enough in your opinion, and no more models are needed? (As new models do add to the game's filesize).

You can vote for up to 2 cultures in the poll. This discussion is open to both singleplayer and multiplayer players, since it affects both.

Last edited:
Since we have 3 Imperial factions, but they all use exactly the same equipment, I think it would be interesting if some variety was added there.
Would it be realistic and historical? Maybe not really. But it would be more interesting that way. Slight variety and little touches to make the three factions distinctive would be most welcome.

Since we have 3 Imperial factions, but they all use exactly the same equipment, I think it would be interesting if some variety was added there.
Would it be realistic and historical? Maybe not really. But it would be more interesting that way. Slight variety and little touches to make the three factions distinctive would be most welcome.
That would be good actually, considering that we see the Empire so much in its position dominating the centre of the map, and you see the same few Empire armor pieces so often.

Wimps could have a utilitarian Late Western Roman Empire flavour, Simps could be the most ornate and Eastern/Byzantine, and Nimps could have elements slightly reminiscent of the Late Republic without being too anachronistic.

I would love to see more furs used in the Northern Empire and maybe a little bit more Roman influence on the Western Empire.

Additionally I would love a more distinct style for the Aserai. IMHO they could use a little bit more ornate or tribal influence for armors. I like their civilian style, but the armors are currently lacking behind a little bit.

Imperial factions should look the same. They were the same faction immediately before the game starts - they're in a state of civil war and each faction is hoping to bring the empire back together again. Unless some sort of foederati units were to come into being... available based on geography... Asari-Flavoured units for Danustica or Kuzait flavoured units for Amprela for example...

I'd suggest Vlandia hasn't had any additions for a long time and are somewhat limited in flavour. There has been plenty of Asari, Sturgia and Battania improvements...

Imperial factions should look the same. They were the same faction immediately before the game starts - they're in a state of civil war and each faction is hoping to bring the empire back together again. Unless some sort of foederati units were to come into being... available based on geography... Asari-Flavoured units for Danustica or Kuzait flavoured units for Amprela for example...

I'd suggest Vlandia hasn't had any additions for a long time and are somewhat limited in flavour. There has been plenty of Asari, Sturgia and Battania improvements...
The differences between the empire factions should be subtle. But for example as the Northern Empire is mostly located in the colder parts of the climate I would hope to see some fur elements used in their outfits (Sturgian touches). The same could be applied to the Western Empire (some Roman touches) and the Southern Empire (some Khuzait and Aserai touches).

The differences between the empire factions should be subtle. But for example as the Northern Empire is mostly located in the colder parts of the climate I would hope to see some fur elements used in their outfits (Sturgian touches). The same could be applied to the Western Empire (some Roman touches) and the Southern Empire (some Khuzait and Aserai touches).
100% agree, I tried doing just that by adding separate troop trees, but only managed to add special recruits to certain villages. For me the problem was that troop trees are tied to cultures instead of kingdoms.

I´d love if (military) tradition and culture was seperate things. Why could not an Aserai recruit become an Imperial Infantryman if he was raised under imperial yoke? Who saw any difference between a roman legionaire from Italy, Greece or Spain?

Let cultures slowy integrate. Would be fun!

I´d love if (military) tradition and culture was seperate things. Why could not an Aserai recruit become an Imperial Infantryman if he was raised under imperial yoke? Who saw any difference between a roman legionaire from Italy, Greece or Spain?

Let cultures slowy integrate. Would be fun!
I would love for kingdoms to get native recruits from the town culture, but these are only upgraded by the ai into the owners culture troop tree. This would lead to more visible distinct armies, with less unit bloat. It would be even better if the player has to option to keep using the native troop tree to build something of an auxiliary force.

I would love for kingdoms to get native recruits from the town culture, but these are only upgraded by the ai into the owners culture troop tree. This would lead to more visible distinct armies, with less unit bloat. It would be even better if the player has to option to keep using the native troop tree to build something of an auxiliary force.
I think AI should use auxilary troops. I´d say they are something close to militia. So a vlandian AI recruits Battanian Vulunteers and upgrade them into the vlandian Militia-tree or an equivelent.

You know my suggestion, More T1 upgrade paths, here it could easely be setup as a path :smile:

With the regular troops- restriction suggested, we get something like this(for both AI and player ofc!)

They need colour variation first and foremost, the fact that tunic, trousers and hat are all the same colour really ruins any semblance of variety you could get from more items. Right now everything is a sea of brown with flashes of Red or Purple or whatever colour that faction is.

Having done a lot of this kind of thing myself, you get rapidly diminishing returns after about 5 items per group (e.g. unit, civilian type or any other group you see together). Any more than that and you either risk making new items too different to fit with the rest, or so similar that you just treat the same ground.

unknown.png

Bannerlord currently looks like the top row, whereas I would much prefer if it looked like the bottom. Notice how the top has a good variety of armours, but since the colours are all the same it just boils down to different silhouettes. Meanwhile the bottom is all the same, but has enough colour variety to make it look more interesting and believable than the top.

Even the Battanian gear doesn't quite do it for me. Wish it could actually change colour according to your banner but...

They need colour variation first and foremost, the fact that tunic, trousers and hat are all the same colour really ruins any semblance of variety you could get from more items. Right now everything is a sea of brown with flashes of Red or Purple or whatever colour that faction is.

Having done a lot of this kind of thing myself, you get rapidly diminishing returns after about 5 items per group (e.g. unit, civilian type or any other group you see together). Any more than that and you either risk making new items too different to fit with the rest, or so similar that you just treat the same ground.

unknown.png

Bannerlord currently looks like the top row, whereas I would much prefer if it looked like the bottom. Notice how the top has a good variety of armours, but since the colours are all the same it just boils down to different silhouettes. Meanwhile the bottom is all the same, but has enough colour variety to make it look more interesting and believable than the top.
Well sh*t, this explains the sense of 'offness' I feel about my own troop variations. Diminishing returns on variation through equipment indeed, and it could all be done so much better with colours.

I long for the day Piconi updates his stuff.

I'd suggest Vlandia hasn't had any additions for a long time and are somewhat limited in flavour.
Which slot would you suggest needs improvement?

I could see some Vlandian shoulder cloak items going well, so that they don't have to use Imperial capes for the Vlandian Sergeant anymore.

It sounds like the biggest thing people are asking for is 4-5 sub cultures recruited around the map that have their own unique foot print.

A Berber like culture that with reps that show up in southern Vlandia, southwest Empire (Western region leading into Aserai lands, and that northWestern stretch group Before you hit massive desert,

An Armenian inspired group of solid infantry where Aserai, Khuzait, and Southern empire are.

A Slav Cav group that shows up in the Northern Empire, Khuzait and Sturgia crossroads.

And then a Nord presence in northern Vlandia and western Sturgia.

This way you are getting the subtle influences, some of the leaders are coming from those sub-groups with those aesthetics, and naturally you have a unique cache of troops that those different imperial factions are hiring without throwing the entire system into turmoil.

Then actually add in the minor factions as something that can be hired by “Ally” lords that naturally have their locations buried within all the different kingdoms and you have no only empire factions showing up with substantially different auxiliary troops, and general to general the army compositions shift and change

Empire could use more variety of gear since there are 3 factions with imperial culture in the game and Vlandia also desperately needs more gear aswell, poor guys don't even have proper shoulder armors beyond hood and padded hood.

unknown.png

This can’t be understated. The big mistake was making all the Imperial factions purple. If one was purple, one was black, and the other was white, they’d immediately pop

I think Sturgia has completely ass inventory, and needs a dramatic change. Otherwise, I think the Aserai should have far more. After that, Vlandia. Other than that...all of the factions need serious color changes and management, especially the Empire. Everything in this game is color-dead or on the verge of it.

Which slot would you suggest needs improvement?

I could see some Vlandian shoulder cloak items going well, so that they don't have to use Imperial capes for the Vlandian Sergeant anymore.

There is basically no shoulder pieces for them at all... I'm assuming that the 'look' for them is a mail hauberk, so there isn't really much that can be done there. Perhaps a mail coif version of the existing lowered hood? Some plate pauldrons on the shoulder or a primitive
gorget?

I think there is already something a bit awkward about how Vlandian coifs look in game - it seems like they're all raised up on a wooden block.

Back
Top Bottom