Beta Patch Notes e1.6.5

Users who are viewing this thread

@Dejan with the new way we start a kingdom talking to a governor that has eliminated the option we get to choose 4 policies when doing it. Is that an intended feature or just a bug as a result of the change?
I think thats intended. As in, cultures start with 2 preset policies, and you have to vote for others. Kind of like the cultural benefits at character creation. If it bothers anyone, maybe they can add 2 preset cultural policies and 2 that you choose, but getting the devs to do it may be a chore. I would like more of the political decisions to be made through dialogue though

@Dejan is it intended that you can reroll the tournament reward? Just click to the screen where you can see the reward and leave the screen again. Enter the screen again and the reward is rerolled.

@Dejan is it intended that you can reroll the tournament reward? Just click to the screen where you can see the reward and leave the screen again. Enter the screen again and the reward is rerolled.
Not intended, will be fixed.
@Dejan with the new way we start a kingdom talking to a governor that has eliminated the option we get to choose 4 policies when doing it. Is that an intended feature or just a bug as a result of the change?
Intended. The new design automatically activates the default policies of the kingdom culture that you select during kingdom creation. The dialogues represent that and give the player the option to reconsider the culture if they're not happy with the default policies.

Intended. The new design automatically activates the default policies of the kingdom culture that you select during kingdom creation. The dialogues represent that and give the player the option to reconsider the culture if they're not happy with the default policies.
Could we have the old design back? Or the option to choose 4 policies.

ok wondering why then if you change culture then your culture perks dnt change and you still count as your old culture when it comes to owners penalty to loyalty to fiefs and I also agree the old system is so much better, I have no clue why this what implemented. I see no reason how this has improved the game. You have to talk to the governor and your stuck with policies instead of starting with what you want for your kingdom, just confused who or why this was done

Last edited:
Are there any horses in the game that a untrained rider can train with yet?

Not sure how to train my companions that start with less then 10. For myself I suppose I can do tournaments, but that is still obnoxious. Seems like at least some should be dropped to only needing a 1.

Maybe……..a camel?!?!?! ?

Inappropriate behavior
Okay, the idea to automatically activate the default policies of the kingdom culture are a horrible idea. It's one of many terrible ideas by this company who have no idea how to design a game like this. They have been fumbling around for 10 years and siege AI is not functional.

-snip-

THEY HAVE YET TO ADD MAJOR CONTENT IN OVER A YEAR, MORE BUGS ARE ADDED EVERY PATCH.

This is not an emotive rant, I am cool and calm, I am sick of the stupid decisions lies and going to voice it.

Can you really tell when these people are on vacation or not? I can't.
This the worst EA I have ever seen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not sure how to train my companions that start with less then 10. For myself I suppose I can do tournaments, but that is still obnoxious. Seems like at least some should be dropped to only needing a 1.

Maybe……..a camel?!?!?! ?
Sumpter Horses should fit the bill or is the bug still in the game that your companions can not equip them?

Maybe……..a camel?!?!?! ?

Maybe with a mule...

From what I hear sumpter and mules won't be rideable so its not a bug, they were going to make saddle horses skill 0, so until its done use cheat mode to give them a horse with no skill till they can get skill to tide the ones you want

From what I hear sumpter and mules won't be rideable so its not a bug, they were going to make saddle horses skill 0, so until its done use cheat mode to give them a horse with no skill till they can get skill to tide the ones you want
Thanks, I did not hear that. This also implies that you will start with a Saddle Horse, doesn't it? By the way, do you know the difference between the Sumpter Horse and the Mule? Is one of those intended to carry more or are the horses faster?

I noticed that one weighs 150 and the other 450 I think it is, I thought since mules weigh more and cost more they would carry more but right now it appears no difference between them. I would assume they would start with a saddle horse when it's fixed.

I just watched Flesson's video on the new kingdom creation and policies and I strongly agree with him that the old system is far better. The player should have choice in policies as the ruler. The player shouldn't have to create a copy cat kingdom of the other kingdoms. Whats the point of taking over Calradia if the player is doing the exact same thing the other rulers would do? Wouldn't the player bring in something new and fresh and repeat the same things the 8 factions are doing? Limiting the policies in such a way makes the game inaccessible to new players to the series. Please revert back to the old system of kingdom creation when comes to policies.

@Dejan i understand why you guys made this change as it gives more life to cultures and the choices you make. But I think a better way than forcing policies upon us is to limit the choices we can make. I think it would be more reasonable to say something like sturgian culture wouldn't have monarchy policies or the empire wouldnt have more democratic policies. But still let us chose a few from this limited list.

This may be a reasonable middle ground.

• Fixed major memory leaks that occurred on every terrain edit operation.
Just tested it. Absolutely awesome. First time in ages I could leave the undo stack size on its default 50 steps and continue editing without having to save every couple of minutes to clear accumulated memory leaks. No need to keep watching task manager while editing to avoid memory usage climbing above 85%, which caused save crashes. Memory usage stayed rock solid on 46%. Great job guys.

Back
Top Bottom