What's the end goal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Kripaz

Grandmaster Knight
After 1 year and 7 months (not including alpha or beta) multiplayer has seen next to nothing improvements contentwise in that period. After waiting for so long, you'd think you could see what multiplayer is going to be like, when it's officially released from early access. But for me personally I'm not sure what to expect. As far as I know we are still going to get ranked matchmaking, one-life game mode (we still know nothing about it) and reintroduction of team damage to Siege and possibly to Team Deathmatch. But is that it? Custom servers/private servers has been promised to be released with full release or after official release, but knowing Tw, those will be released after early access for sure.

We are still lacking maps for all game modes and combat is still questionable compared to predecessors in the series.
Latest patches have only introduced changes that you would expect from almost finished product, for example: emotes and cosmetics (skins).

The question is: Are we already looking at the finished product minus one new gamemode and minor changes in gamemodes?

I am pretty sure that's it we will get battle mode and deathmatch as well + ranked skirmish matchmaking. It would be good if Taleworlds hosted 4 skirmish tournaments for each season with 1000 euro prize pool to keep the E-sports aspect of the game alive and attract more players to it. The good modes will come when custom servers arrive. If you look at Warband it's the same amount of content. Modes like mercenaries,Crpg and persistent world(PW) are the ones who kept Warband alive for so many years.

Observer mode. More stats. New badges. New maps. Stuff like that as well. (This along with battle and ranked is what I think TW will add before release. I really want to add custom servers here, but I am afraid SP will release before then)

Last edited:
I would hope to be able to create multiple charakters + being seen ingame with charactername. That's one of the features I still miss compared to Warband. I would really like to play around with character appearance but atm that would mean throwing away what I already have.

Customized Banners and gear have been implemented already, cheers for that :smile:

With the sheer level of incompetence that is being directed at Taleworlds, I think they are not asking What's the end goal?" but rather "What does end goal mean?"

Simply put, they have no ****ing idea.

Why is this a thread even

Most of the things in that announcement have been introduced already and yet again, most of those things are superficial changes not actual content or meaningful changes. Are you implying that was the last time we are getting any info regarding multiplayer?

My question was simple enough to understand. Is Tw just putting random stuff in the multiplayer until they run out of time or do they actually have some well planned vision in the end. I guess removing deaths from scoreboard must also have some kind of brilliant master plan behind it, right?

Simply put, they have no ****ing idea.
I put my money on this theory.

This is typical behaviour you see in children. They act all excited to do everything and want to take on the whole world, though the unfortunate fact is that the result is typically a huge disappointment because you cannot do everything at once. Now, perhaps lacking focus is not the most accurate description of Taleworlds as a firm, but they sure as hell make things look a lot better than they are in reality. Multiplayer is a big piece of garbage at the moment and pretending that it is good is not going to help anyone.

Most of the things in that announcement have been introduced already and yet again, most of those things are superficial changes not actual content or meaningful changes. Are you implying that was the last time we are getting any info regarding multiplayer?

My question was simple enough to understand. Is Tw just putting random stuff in the multiplayer until they run out of time or do they actually have some well planned vision in the end. I guess removing deaths from scoreboard must also have some kind of brilliant master plan behind it, right?

I put my money on this theory.
This is typical behaviour you see in children. They act all excited to do everything and want to take on the whole world, though the unfortunate fact is that the result is typically a huge disappointment because you cannot do everything at once. Now, perhaps lacking focus is not the most accurate description of Taleworlds as a firm, but they sure as hell make things look a lot better than they are in reality. Multiplayer is a big piece of garbage at the moment and pretending that it is good is not going to help anyone.
I'm pretty sure Tw's vision is already realized. There is still a lot of content to be added(new gamemode, maps, the changes noted in the future plans blog, etc.) and some tweaks, but they've shown with thier stubborn behaviour that they are not willing to change the core gameplay mechanics that make up the current version of the game.THIS IS IT. I'm not saying multiplayer is good or bad, what I mean by "why is this a thread even" is that Taleworld's vision is right in front of your face, yet you're in denial because you hate it.

The end goal is basically a melee e sport game as big as Cs go
And it’s going really well!!!

this-is-fine-meme-1024x722.jpg

They didn't mention 1 life mode lol

THIS IS IT.
This would be good enough answer for me (maybe it could've been explained better by someone who's involved with the project, but I'm fine with it).
I'm pretty sure Tw's vision is already realized.
I'm relieved to hear that from you.
There is still a lot of content to be added(new gamemode, maps, the changes noted in the future plans blog, etc.) and some tweaks,
When you think about that, that's actually double the content we've got during early access to this point. Hopefully it wont't take as much time as previously. But why are you telling me this? I already mentioned that in the main post.
but they've shown with thier stubborn behaviour that they are not willing to change the core gameplay mechanics that make up the current version of the game
Do you think I was born yesterday?
Taleworld's vision is right in front of your face, yet you're in denial because you hate it.
?
I asked what's the end goal. I will never understand The Vision™ and reasonings behind it.

I didn't know this was such a controversial question, when every single patch introduces some new weird changes that nobody has asked for or wanted. If THIS IS IT, I'm personally content with as long as they stick with it.

The end goal is basically a melee e sport game as big as Cs go
First they should try to have more than 150 people playing though. Custom servers would help. Meaningful additions also. Show some love to the community and fix a lot of stuff (add a lot of stuff too) before trying to do anything more than that.

I didn't know this was such a controversial question, when every single patch introduces some new weird changes that nobody has asked for or wanted. If THIS IS IT, I'm personally content with as long as they stick with it.
Didn't mean to sound agressive, my answer was not directed towards your question in particular but rather the general consensus on the forum that Taleworlds doesn't have any plans for multiplayer. When they showed with the introduction of passive perks(that are only possible with the perk system that they've refused to remove for seemingly no reason) that they've had things planned out for a while, even if they aren't very good plans.

First they should try to have more than 150 people playing though. Custom servers would help. Meaningful additions also. Show some love to the community and fix a lot of stuff (add a lot of stuff too) before trying to do anything more than that.
I keep on seeing people quote number of players online but I use to play warband a lot and on the severs I'd only see around 300ish or so, most of which would be on 1-2 seige servers or playing napoleonic wars? Am I wrong? People keep acting as if warband had thousands on a day but bannelords "feels" consistently the same but without the battle/deathmatch servers as people queue skirimish/captain with the match maker.

Please tell me if I'm wrong but bannerlord multiplayer seems as consistent as warbands was let me know because I'm doubting my memory at this point.

Back
Top Bottom