High death counts makes me lose heart

Users who are viewing this thread

Anistec

Recruit
So...ive been deleting my saves every time half way through before i even have a fief...the reason for that is that i lose heart to keep playing my save whenever i see so many dead noblesafter a point...like even some clans are getting destroyed around 200 days...does anyone else had this mentality going on?and is it just me or the death counts feel high?let me know your thoughts cuz i really cant get myself to enjoy the game like this

I haven't played single player for the last few patches but I had the same issue so I used the Houses of Calradia mod, it stops clans getting wiped out and it spawns new clan members if they're about to, not sure how it'll work with the new death rate but it'll fix your problem for sure

So...ive been deleting my saves every time half way through before i even have a fief...the reason for that is that i lose heart to keep playing my save whenever i see so many dead noblesafter a point...like even some clans are getting destroyed around 200 days...does anyone else had this mentality going on?and is it just me or the death counts feel high?let me know your thoughts cuz i really cant get myself to enjoy the game like this
why are ppl hu play with death birth enabled still exists?

It's okay I can make new ones. Also I think it's only been 1 clan dies out in 1k day game so far. And that wasn't just because of death, it's because they married off daughters, 1 member died in battle and one died of old age, sadly they had undeveloped children who were lost, even though mother and sister still lived in other clans.

The question has been debated many times, I also think that the deaths are too frequent and should be rare, significant and therefore memorable.

It should be at least customizable but better yet, linked to more elaborate mechanisms as suggested in other posts.

The question has been debated many times, I also think that the deaths are too frequent and should be rare, significant and therefore memorable.

It should be at least customizable but better yet, linked to more elaborate mechanisms as suggested in other posts.
Death rates could be based on age. The older you get, the higher the percentage becomes. A 50 year old falling in battle has a much higher chance of never getting back up versus the 20 year old that has very low chance.

I can’t remember when people start out, I wanna say 20?, but starting at .1% at 21 and getting .1% every year of age would be an easy, streamlined system. Also gives players and AI more reason to “retire” members to governor status later on

2% is not that obscure. Statistically they die once every 50 battle where they fall. How many battles has a noble fight in 200 days where they have fallen? if they fall in 50% of their battles, they are likely far above 50 battles where they have lost in 200 days. Partyleading nobles does very little but fighting in wars

why are ppl hu play with death birth enabled still exists?
because it's fun to many people? i want even more death and dynastic mechanics in the game, even player death in battle would be awesome and make having heirs much more important.

only 2%?...it really doesnt feel like 2% at all
The death rate is good, the real problem is that time passes too slowly so eventually people die and their children that should replace them still have 10-15 in-game years to grow before being able to lead armies.

TW really should make time pass faster atleast if you enable death at campaign start, 3x faster seems to be the sweetspot the pacemaker mod found (that allows you to customize the passing of time), that speed turns the vanilla 21 days/season 84 days/year into 7 days/season and 28 days/year which is a much better pacing.

Either that or give like 3-4 time speed options at game start so that players can chose what they prefer for their campaign, this alone solves all problems the clans might have with population and keeping a healthy dose of lords able to lead armies if needed.

Last edited:
I think a good solution would be that if there is 1 member left in a clan with children (or without) they should be able to adopt ppl into their families to keep their name going..just like how they really done it in real life...just spawn some random new characters and there you have the solution i guess

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/editing-death-rate.438733/page-4

Check my last post in the link to see how you can edit the death rate yourself (if you want). I currently play with 0,5% death chance and had 3 deaths within a bit over a year.

If you think this game had a lot of deaths then you should of seen the real wars casted about when then empire broke in to 4

I think a good solution would be that if there is 1 member left in a clan with children (or without) they should be able to adopt ppl into their families to keep their name going..just like how they really done it in real life...just spawn some random new characters and there you have the solution i guess
No adoption, but the Devs should add a "Spawn a Spouse" button.

Death rates could be based on age. The older you get, the higher the percentage becomes. A 50 year old falling in battle has a much higher chance of never getting back up versus the 20 year old that has very low chance.

I can’t remember when people start out, I wanna say 20?, but starting at .1% at 21 and getting .1% every year of age would be an easy, streamlined system. Also gives players and AI more reason to “retire” members to governor status later on

It should be based off of something..anything beside being a constant variable -thats utterly boring. Give it qualifiers based off of a Leaders stats/personality. If a particular clan leader is kamikazee bloodthirsty, give him a bonus in autocalc battles but also a higher chance of dying. The 2% couldnt be more uninteresting

It should be based off of something..anything beside being a constant variable -thats utterly boring. Give it qualifiers based off of a Leaders stats/personality. If a particular clan leader is kamikazee bloodthirsty, give him a bonus in autocalc battles but also a higher chance of dying. The 2% couldnt be more uninteresting
That i have to agree, no problem with a base 2% but there really should be lots of variables tied increasing/decreasing it.

Think we have what? one or two perks that might affect it? but what about age, traits, quality of gear and so on?

That i have to agree, no problem with a base 2% but there really should be lots of variables tied increasing/decreasing it.

Think we have what? one or two perks that might affect it? but what about age, traits, quality of gear and so on?
I am 100% for virtually all stats to have at least more use outside of the current crop.

Both Athletics and Medicine could decrease this chance, even if it’s like .01% for every 10 points.

Back
Top Bottom