Prisons Full

Users who are viewing this thread

Has there always been a cap on prisoners in dungeons?

Since the 1.6.4 patch went live I've received the message that dungeons were full and could not imprison the nobles. Before the full message I noticed AI armies were depositing copious trash troops into prison. Are the prison caps shared between castles/towns of a faction? I traveled to distant castles to try to find an empty cell for prisoners but they all claimed to be full. It is understandable that prisons are not infinite pits and have a max capacity but currently the AI behavior fills that cap quickly with trash troops and eliminates the "imprison" option with enemy lords leaving only "release", "execute" and "ransom".

To prevent this the nobles can be imprisoned separately from the troops (separate caps). Or the Castle owner can recruit/ransom the imprisoned soldiers faster and clear room in the dungeons for nobles.

the prisoner cap is a recent change, and the fact that a lot of dungeons are now full of regular troops has already been submitted as a bug over in the technical support board. the two questions i have are: why is the AI not ransoming these prisoners instead? and also, does the owner of the fief ever stop by and clean out their dungeon?

what makes this clogging even more of an urgent matter is the fact that perpetual war has been introduced in patch 1.6.3 in the main story quest (destroy 3 rival factions), which has made the imprisonment of nobles much more important now because its one of the only ways to get them to stop attacking for a while, but of course the dungeons near the frontlines are full so you're forced to keep the prisoners in your party and they have a higher escape chance. but if you travel away from the frontlines then you lose settlements

I think this is related to reducing how much influence you can get from donating prisoners. It doesn't seem that your owned fiefs have a max prisoners and the amount in other fiefs doesn't seem very consistent. I think it's just if they more then X amount you can give them more, unless it's yours.

I think this is related to reducing how much influence you can get from donating prisoners. It doesn't seem that your owned fiefs have a max prisoners and the amount in other fiefs doesn't seem very consistent. I think it's just if they more then X amount you can give them more, unless it's yours.
thank you I will try this. I've been farming influence by harvesting lords and depositing all of them in friendly AI dungeons (non fife). The previous play though was an executioner run. I guess I will have to diversify my response and jail faction leaders that I want to retain long term in fife dungeons, ransoming mercenaries and releasing minor clan lords to farm rep and eventually recruit them.

the prisoner cap is a recent change, and the fact that a lot of dungeons are now full of regular troops has already been submitted as a bug over in the technical support board. the two questions i have are: why is the AI not ransoming these prisoners instead? and also, does the owner of the fief ever stop by and clean out their dungeon?

what makes this clogging even more of an urgent matter is the fact that perpetual war has been introduced in patch 1.6.3 in the main story quest (destroy 3 rival factions), which has made the imprisonment of nobles much more important now because its one of the only ways to get them to stop attacking for a while, but of course the dungeons near the frontlines are full so you're forced to keep the prisoners in your party and they have a higher escape chance. but if you travel away from the frontlines then you lose settlements
No, in your party prisoner heroes have no escape chance, if you have the perks "Keen Sight" and "Mounted Patrols".

What really is the point of depositing troops in a dungeon, I understand nobles so they cant raise another warband, but the troops? Do they slowly get recruited into the garrison? I always just sell mine.

What really is the point of depositing troops in a dungeon, I understand nobles so they cant raise another warband, but the troops? Do they slowly get recruited into the garrison? I always just sell mine.
If it's your own fief you can save them for later, to recruit in your party or sell at a more convenient time. There's also a ninja tech of saving and selling an immensely large amount of poisoners right before the "green" skill learning rate ends in roguery to benefit from the high rate all at once for one last selling.

I use my fief as a prisoner warehouse full of things I might want. When war starts I take out a stack of one good type, to recruit as replacement after battles.

Putting prisoners into another person's fief will give you a little influence. It used to give a lot but it got nerfed, because the devs want only me, who can bulldoze entire factions, to have lots of influence. Any other method for influence NERF NERF NERF!

Yes but what does the ai benefit from dropping off non-noble prisoners?

Also do they become recruitable by staying in a prison, in the same manner as when you run around with them?

It is a mistake more than so many, after a successful siege, the conquering army puts all the prisoners in the dungeon instead of selling them. Also a siege defense will do the same, the prisoners obtained by the garrison or militia will go to the dungeon.

In all this there is an exploit that I discovered by mistake. If you help an army that is besieging, help and not join, after finishing the battle, you automatically enter the castle or city before them and all the prisoners they had are at your disposal. Yesterday I helped conquer Garotor Castle, I recovered 400 imprisoned soldiers. What can I say, rearm your party with high level soldiers, create new parties with the surplus or gain a lot of influence by donating everything to the garrison, excellent if you are a mercenary.

The other nobles can continue to put prisoners in the dungeon, so if you want to imprison a noble you can give it to other ally who are nearby. You will not gain influence or experience in charisma but at least you prevent it from escaping.

Thanks
I don't know.
They don't get recruited by the player's garrisons. I don't know if the AI has other abilities for them.

If they did become recruitable and you and the ai could eventually recruit them that would be incredibly useful. As dragging around your high level prisoners to recruit is a drag literally (as prisoners reduce speed), and makes it more likely that you will lose prisoners after a massive battle (as some of your prisoner slots are already in use...)

I get the cold storage to sell later, but really its easier just to sell them straight away (unless they are looters / bandit prisoners who have a use for the needs labourers quest).

Well, YMMV, I find it very convenient to take out a stack of t4 HA to bring with me for replacements and I only need to be faster then the enemy, which I am. I also drag around large amounts of lords, even up to about 2 factions worth and I'm still fast enough. I don't bother taking OR selling them unless I happen to get them at a town, the time of making special trips to sell prisoner just isn't worth it.

Back
Top Bottom