Spicy courtship

Users who are viewing this thread

My last post made me wonder... Why don't M&B games have more life to the relationships, indeed? I mean, we could have full on romance novel action going on here.

Imagine this:
A player, or NPC, can notice how impossibly beautiful another man's wife is. This, quite charmed, fellow then goes on to have an afair with her. The husband finds out about this, and is angered out of his mind. He happens to be a noble, as well. And so, declares our little Don Juan the biggest bastard and assembles an army to annihilate our Don Juan's army, and his family, in front of his eyes. And then proceeds to finish Don Juan, himself.

Or, how about this:
You were being one cheeky little bastard, but eventually, you trash-talked the mother of a wrong man. That man decided to leave his realm, possibly with some fire, join another, and proceed to hunt you to the ends of the world. Going after all your friends and family as well, for good measure.

I want to reenact the Iliad in Bannerlord, running away with somebody's wife only to have a huge army following me and having to endure a 10y long siege full of heroic duels and divine interventions lol

Seriously though, TW really needs to develop more the relationship system of the game in general which is completely barebones and non-functional ATM, all kinds of actions should lead to increase/decrease of relationships between everyone and those should have consequences like feuds between clans or civil wars in the case a monarch pissed his vassals too much too fast for example.

I keep saying to people who want more depth in some area or another... that's not what Bannerlord is. It is an action packed battle simulator that provides just enough depth to make the game's primary attributes plausible. That is it. It can't be a complex relationship simulator just like it can't be a first class strategic empire simulator or trade simulator or infrastructure simulator. It is a little of all of those and more - but only a little.

I keep saying to people who want more depth in some area or another... that's not what Bannerlord is. It is an action packed battle simulator that provides just enough depth to make the game's primary attributes plausible. That is it. It can't be a complex relationship simulator just like it can't be a first class strategic empire simulator or trade simulator or infrastructure simulator. It is a little of all of those and more - but only a little.
It could easily be that and more. What I described here isn't even "complex". It's still quite little, but it would bring some life to the game.

But if TW is going to rush the release, of course it's going to be that which you describe. Which would be a pity. So much wasted potential...

Imagine this:
A player, or NPC, can notice how impossibly beautiful another man's wife is. This, quite charmed, fellow then goes on to have an afair with her. The husband finds out about this, and is angered out of his mind. He happens to be a noble, as well. And so, declares our little Don Juan the biggest bastard and assembles an army to annihilate our Don Juan's army, and his family, in front of his eyes. And then proceeds to finish Don Juan, himself.

Or, how about this:
You were being one cheeky little bastard, but eventually, you trash-talked the mother of a wrong man. That man decided to leave his realm, possibly with some fire, join another, and proceed to hunt you to the ends of the world. Going after all your friends and family as well, for good measure.
I would absolutely love stuff like that. Would add a LOT of life (and death, hah) to the game, something that's sorely needed. Right now it's like:
Savescum - you're married - no new dialogues. Yey. No intrigue whatsoever.

Is it time for the daily feature that'd be ****in rad but failworlds won't even consider thread? Come on, the fans have had so much time to speculate and hype themselves up throughout the decade over their dream mount and blade that nothing new is likely to be said anymore. And then we got the actual bannerlord. But anyway I would love a mod where the focal point is the relationships of the people and nobles in the context of a changing, dynamic world. It makes for infinitely more interesting and engaging playthroughs than the same old become a mercenary and in ten years time you rule the whole of the known goddamn world. Also why is this regular suggestion thread on the main page?

Is it time for the daily feature that'd be ****in rad but failworlds won't even consider thread? Come on, the fans have had so much time to speculate and hype themselves up throughout the decade over their dream mount and blade that nothing new is likely to be said anymore. And then we got the actual bannerlord. But anyway I would love a mod where the focal point is the relationships of the people and nobles in the context of a changing, dynamic world. It makes for infinitely more interesting and engaging playthroughs than the same old become a mercenary and in ten years time you rule the whole of the known goddamn world. Also why is this regular suggestion thread on the main page?
Oh, so only s**tposts are allowed now? Did this forums descend into an echochamber for the depressed crybabies to circlej**k? Because THAT is very productive, hmm? It achieved so much during this over-1-year, right?

Oh, so only s**tposts are allowed now? Did this forums descend into an echochamber for the depressed crybabies to circlej**k? Because THAT is very productive, hmm? It achieved so much during this over-1-year, right?
God knows it achieved as much as genuine suggestions and feedback. **** God anyone with half an ant's brain can see all the good any of it did, before or during EA. Doesn't change the fact you posted on the wrong page though.

God knows it achieved as much as genuine suggestions and feedback. **** God anyone with half an ant's brain can see all the good any of it did, before or during EA. Doesn't change the fact you posted on the wrong page though.
If you think so, then why are you here then? If the game's so bad, and you have no hope for it to improve, then move on. That would be the rational decision. Continuing to pay a company, while s**tting on them on their forums, makes exactly 0 sense. Don't like something - vote with your wallet and move on. Or is whining the only thing you are capable of?

And I posted where I wanted to post.

If you think so, then why are you here then? If the game's so bad, and you have no hope for it to improve, then move on. That would be the rational decision. Continuing to pay a company, while s**tting on them on their forums, makes exactly 0 sense. Don't like something - vote with your wallet and move on. Or is whining the only thing you are capable of?
I may have given up on this garbage company, doesn't mean I've lost all hope in the modders.
And I posted where I wanted to post.
I'm glad you're embracing the clown persona but just by that bleak chance you might have meant what you said let me remind you that those subforums don't exist for nothing.

I may have given up on this garbage company, doesn't mean I've lost all hope in the modders.
clown persona
If the company cannot fix a game, you think mods will? With how much limited they are? Who's the clown now, boy? :grin:

but just by that bleak chance you might have meant what you said let me remind you that those subforums don't exist for nothing.
This is a half-joking post where I shared my thoughts. Hardly serious enough for a suggestion.

Also, since when are you a forum moderator, hmm? Sit down lil boy.

Sometimes, my boy, you encounter those you can only call as such. It's a pity I have to resort to such names, but in this case, it was absolutely necessary.
No I think you're just overcompensating for your lack of subtlety the past couple posts. Happy clowning.

If that's the case why do you spend only about 10% of your time actually engaged in combat, and why do you have to wade through so much BS between battles? If this is really an action game like you're saying, why is there so little action?

Mount and Blade: The Telenovela
Hahaha, that's a good one xD

I can see the potential of a mod for this, a lot of the building blocks already exist so maybe the devs have something in store for us. It seems like they want to focus on optimizing the battle aspect of things for now before expending on other things.
An example is when you talk to the tavern npc and questions pop up but the replies are generic. I am looking forward to the team finishing all battle related content and focusing on the rpg elements of the game. If this is all we are gonna have, then i trust the modding community to yet again make this title shine as they did to its predecessor!

Back
Top Bottom