No, Bannerlord is not a grift. It has potential to be ultimate medieval strategy&rpg game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah someday they will ask the person to who programed to the cavalry and infantry in warband to re-do them for bannerlord so they hit things and kill them and use thier shields while running. It's embarrassing after updates to run the troops though a gauntlet and have to say yeah they're still garbage, please load warband and make them like please.

Last edited:
Though there is lack of content at the moment, Bannerlord's systemic mechanics make it suitable for adding incredibly various content to the base game in future.
Suitable, yes - for sure. It has AMAZING potential. Will it ever be done though? We can't be sure, that's the problem. Their track record isn't very good at doing what they said they would.
This was not the case with Warband since it's mechanics were very outdated and clunky.
Bannerlord also has plenty of the same outdated, clunky mechanics. The "chatting" system with NPCs and lords. The empty scenes. The command system. The slow UI. The ineffective AI.
There is criticism this game is a cash grab and developers don't care about the state of game or don't have vision to make it better. I don't think developers are out of vision for this game content-wise.
That is a valid criticism, or valid concern anyway. Since it costed much more than Warband and was advertised as something it's not. Not currently, anyway.
This game has potential to be best medieval strategy game with very strong and immersive role playing elements for this decade if developers make the right choices.
But Taleworlds is openly ditching the immersive RPG aspect to focus on battles. That's another problem, solvable with mods but still a problem if the modding scene is left with half-baked tools that make implementing that kind of stuff difficult.
This content, despite being hard to develop, wasn't promised before release so they didn't have to bother developing it but they're doing it. I think this shows they have adequate vision and will to make this game immersive.
This could also signify that they aren't very well organized and have bitten more than they can chew. Also, while it wasn't promised keep in mind that a LOT of things that were promised were left out, scrapped altogether. Interesting stuff like village improvements and roguery being actually part of a more interesting underworld system.
But I think they have a lot of content being prepared behind the scenes. We know for sure that they already developed contents like banners in 2017 but they're not releasing them yet. That means they have actual content getting ready behind the scenes, maybe release time getting extended because of polishing reasons, therefore lack of content in patches must not mean they're not on the development of any content.
I hope you're right of course, but this is mostly speculation because deep down we all want the game to be stellar. It surely has the potential - do the developers have the mean to "develop" that potential into something real we can enjoy? We'll have to see, right?

Are we still talking about "the potential" after 11 years (that's when they reportedly started working on Bannerlord)? Also, English statements during the game events and dev blogs probably would make it a grift but Turkish statements very easily make it a grift, I made my case on that many times, don't wanna bother with it again. Many features are cutdown or not delivered as it was advertised as (like ADVANCED DIPLOMACY or ADVANCED AI). They could still make it a better experience but let me see, they made us wait even for basic stuff like a "report button", "legacy commands option" to fix the crappy commands after they f'ed up our perfect commands for the future console release. We are still waiting on a proper matchmaking where kicked players/players who left can't return to the same team let alone the same match, seperated solo and group queues or at least an option for solo queue and of course, servers which won't crash as often although it was getting better until very recently.

Are we still talking about "the potential" after 11 years (that's when they reportedly started working on Bannerlord)? Also, English statements during the game events and dev blogs probably would make it a grift but Turkish statements very easily make it a grift, I made my case on that many times, don't wanna bother with it again. Many features are cutdown or not delivered as it was advertised as (like ADVANCED DIPLOMACY or ADVANCED AI). They could still make it a better experience but let me see, they made us wait even for basic stuff like a "report button", "legacy commands option" to fix the crappy commands after they f'ed up our perfect commands for the future console release. We are still waiting on a proper matchmaking where kicked players/players who left can't return to the same team let alone the same match, seperated solo and group queues or at least an option for solo queue and of course, servers which won't crash as often although it was getting better until very recently.
But you can get loot. That fixes everything.

Please don't forget about the meme potential.
5s3mqi.jpg

Hey, at least i am not moaning and crying every chance i get. Sent by TW lol. Tinfoil hat much?
I'm not saying you are paid by post from the PR budget by frustrated PR staff that are tired of forum negativity, but how much do you think is the going rate? My PC won't upgrade itself on its own with today's prices.

I'm not saying you are paid by post from the PR budget by frustrated PR staff that are tired of forum negativity, but how much do you think is the going rate? My PC won't upgrade itself on its own with today's prices.
I wish i could help you with that but i am not that rich either :razz:
I don't think they care about the negativity in this forum when they have a good steam score and soaring sales, actions speak louder then words after all.
If there was such a job, they wouldn't need to hire me. They have already won my support with countless hours of fun playing both warband and bannerlord!

Back
Top Bottom